Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

I watch the 9pm news every two days to get a jist of what's going on. Other than that I've been reading, watching The Simpsons & Boy Meets World on the Disney app and drinking a rake of Guinness when I'm not working the next day.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Has anyone else completely stopped watching or reading the news? I've knocked it all on the head completely. I have no idea what the latest 'news' is but if something important happens or the guidance changes my wife will let me know, I assume. 

Yep. I was obsessed up to a couple of weeks ago- constantly on BBC news and watching the briefings without fail. But isolation/lockdown has put us in a bit of a bubble to be honest. I'm not checking the news often at all.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Same. At this point we know what we’re meant to be doing - stay in as much as possible, wash hands regularly etc. You just get yourself down watching the news at the moment. It’s hard to try to stay positive when it’s just a constant stream of bad news.

I was talking to my old man on the phone earlier and I urged him to fuck the news off for a bit as well. He’s always loved his sport and with that all on hold now, I think he’s had the news playing pretty much on a loop and I can tell it’s getting him down. He’s 70 this year and has some health issues and he’s bricking it thinking he’s not going to see his grandkids again. In 34 years, I don’t recall ever seeing my Dad cry but he spoke to my daughter on the phone earlier and I could hear him getting proper choked up. It was horrible. But I think a big part of it is him just constantly listening to the news. I think naturally because it’s scaring him, he’s always wanting the latest updates but I told him to knock it on the head for a bit because it’s just causing him extra stress. I set up Netflix for him just before the world got battered by this virus so I’ve tried to get him to get stuck into that and he’s said he will. He’s currently in the process of getting his missus to show him how WhatsApp and FaceTime work as well so he can speak to the kids and see them at the same time. That should hopefully lift his spirits. 

  • Members
Posted

My Dad and my Stepmum have been emailing my eldest through the address we set up for her to keep in touch with her friends.

She absolutely loves it* and they do too, and I actually think it's helped with their communication with her (they tend to baby the kids).

*Wish she'd stop emailing me fucking dog memes when she's not here though. Only kidding.

  • Paid Members
Posted

The Sun newspaper is facing hardship through declining sales (big "aaaaaah', everybody) ostensibly through COVID-19. The outstanding Man Behaving Dadly has set up a Gofundme to raise money to save it. But wait! All is not as it appears. Go read the detail. Especially if you hate The Sun. 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/save-the-sun-newspaper

Posted
7 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

The Sun newspaper is facing hardship through declining sales (big "aaaaaah', everybody) ostensibly through COVID-19. The outstanding Man Behaving Dadly has set up a Gofundme to raise money to save it. But wait! All is not as it appears. Go read the detail. Especially if you hate The Sun. 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/save-the-sun-newspaper

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant 

Posted

Hope everybody in the UK is doing well .

 

Not meaning to stir the pot but .......

 

 

Should Brexit still go ahead in lieu of this crisis ?

 

All EU states will be fucked financially and I am not sure if it’s an extremely good or bad move for the UK to be in or out of the E.U.!

 

Posted

We're already well out of the EU, remember all the people queuing in the wrong line at Schipol airport moaning about the wait and the fireworks and stuff as well as them absolutely not allowing us to order healthcare equipment?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...