Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Donald getting rattled yesterday was fascinating viewing- https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52274969

His whole “fuck the constitution” schtick will do him well in November

You can watch the whole thing here.

Trump pretty much bulldozing everybody and everything, I kind of get it that he has been pelted at from all angles as you can see from him reading dates and referring to people/articles.

How come NHS dentist aren't working??

My filling came out good Friday (luckily it hasn't all come out just the top bit). So i didn't call over Easter as it wasn't too painful. i rang up this morning to be told that dentist aren't doing any face to face appointments at the moment, could i get to a chemist and buy a temporary filling. I tried to push her for an appointment saying what if it gets infected? only to be told ring back and we can get you some antibiotics.

I can understand dentist have to look and touch your mouth but every time I've been to my dentist he's wearing gloves and a visor anyway 

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

You can watch the whole thing here.

Trump pretty much bulldozing everybody and everything, I kind of get it that he has been pelted at from all angles as you can see from him reading dates and referring to people/articles.

14 minutes in when it goes from media briefing to propaganda video. And the smug looks he keeps giving out. It's what I expect from North Korea. Absolutely mental

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, children of bodom said:

How come NHS dentist aren't working??

My filling came out good Friday (luckily it hasn't all come out just the top bit). So i didn't call over Easter as it wasn't too painful. i rang up this morning to be told that dentist aren't doing any face to face appointments at the moment, could i get to a chemist and buy a temporary filling. I tried to push her for an appointment saying what if it gets infected? only to be told ring back and we can get you some antibiotics.

I can understand dentist have to look and touch your mouth but every time I've been to my dentist he's wearing gloves and a visor anyway 

My understanding is unless it’s a serious infection or the pain is unbearable they won’t see you. 

The mad thing is the Trump core supporters are mainly small government supporters who are suspicious of attacks on the constitution. Yet Trump has basically just fucked it off and declared himself as having ultimate power. That November election is utterly vital to get him the hell out of there. He's a loon.

14 mins into the video when he told them the dim the lights and play the video clips, I was expecting him to tell them to cut his damn music. 

It would be hilarious if Trump was in charge of some other far less important project behaving like that, like a real life cartoon character but it's hard to find something so serious funny. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Factotum said:

The mad thing is the Trump core supporters are mainly small government supporters who are suspicious of attacks on the constitution. Yet Trump has basically just fucked it off and declared himself as having ultimate power. That November election is utterly vital to get him the hell out of there. He's a loon.

He’s going to kill a lot of Americans. He will reopen way before he should 

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Factotum said:

That November election is utterly vital to get him the hell out of there. He's a loon.

This isn't strictly corona related, but do you think he will leave if he loses? He will claim it was rigged and unfair. Then he will refuse to leave until there has been an investigation. Then he will challenge the findings of the investigation in court. There is no way he leaves peacefully.

• Moderators

The problem with many Trump/Republican votes, and to be fair the same thing exists on the left too, is that they are so entrenched in their side that they'll continue to support and vote for them. It's really just football for politics these days.

Trump also had an attack of the numbers yesterday claiming they’ve done “one million eight hundred and seventy thousand million tests”, or 1,870,000,0000. But if you take Priti Patel’s 300,34,974,000 tests, then that leaves Scott Steiner with a 1,570,966,0260,000% chance of winning.

You see the numbers don’t lie, and they spell disaster for you at Sacrifice

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Trump also had an attack of the numbers yesterday claiming they’ve done “one million eight hundred and seventy thousand million tests”, or 1,870,000,000. But if you take Priti Patel’s 300,34,974,000 tests, then that leaves Scott Steiner with a 1,570,966,0260,000% chance of winning.

You see the numbers don’t lie, and they spell disaster for you at Sacrifice

Something something something FAT ASSES! 

• Paid Members

Just had a call that my Dad is in hospital on oxygen due to breathing difficulties and is awaiting a bed in a nearby hospital to be put in ICU. He's had a test done, but will take a week for results to come out if it was Covid or not.

I don't talk to my parents anymore, but the news still was a bit of a shock. Not sure how to feel about it really. But I know if he gets on a ventilator it's a 50/50 chance.