Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

3 minutes ago, neil said:

people more than likely would've died from this in even with the most ideal response.

Less people would’ve died had they acted when advised to and the last decade of them running the show has fucked the NHS leading to more deaths. It’s totally on them. 

• Paid Members

If only the Tories had done an exercise where they played out a pandemic scenario in case of one happening and too see if we could cope and what they would need to do to improve our chances of one....

oh wait https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/02/labour-urges-government-publish-findings-2016-pandemic-drill

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

If people were mean to you, did you deliberately give them their milk last, so it was warm?

EB193DA0-9D98-4C71-B932-F12C292B2C19.gif

On a serious note, has anyone on here had any symptoms? I’ve had an earache for a few days now and my wife, always being the type to google any ailment, looked it up in relation to Coronavirus. Turns out it’s been a symptom in some cases. But everything seems to be a symptom now from a rash to the shits. It’s making me paranoid now but I haven’t had any other symptom so I’m hoping it’s nothing. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

On a serious note, has anyone on here had any symptoms? I’ve had an earache for a few days now and my wife, always being the type to google any ailment, looked it up in relation to Coronavirus. Turns out it’s been a symptom in some cases. But everything seems to be a symptom now from a rash to the shits. It’s making me paranoid now but I haven’t had any other symptom so I’m hoping it’s nothing. 

I still dont know anyone personally with it, the issues around the symptom is they are very wide and numerous as you said. I tried to narrow it down to the main two. Temp and or cough. 

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

😂 the political conversation is tedious and should be in a separate politics thread, but you being so full of righteous indignation that you forgot you're the one named him Rapey Eyes is hilarious @neil

I reckon it was @Astro Hollywood tbh, I wouldn't have come up with something as offensive.

1 minute ago, quote the raven said:

. Temp and or cough. 

Yeah this is what I’m doing as well. I’m in the vulnerable category what with being a blacklung so in true UKFF style I sound like a phone sex pest most of the time, purely coincidental. But I haven’t had a temperature so I’m confident I don’t have it, or if I do it’s very mild and not dangerous. 

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

I had a sore throat/stuffy nose, no cough, temp or anything, at the beginning of March, I put the symptoms into a Welsh NHS (top hit on google) questionnaire and it came back with a result that essentially said "don't dare waste a medical professional's time with this".

• Paid Members

An old mate who I knew from football away days years ago has died from complications after getting the virus earlier in the week, and now I've just had a message that the landlord at one of my locals is in intensive care, on a ventilator and is heavily sedated thanks to it too. This fucking virus can well and truelly get fucked....

• Paid Members
Just now, Keith Houchen said:

Yeah this is what I’m doing as well. I’m in the vulnerable category what with being a blacklung so in true UKFF style I sound like a phone sex pest most of the time, purely coincidental. But I haven’t had a temperature so I’m confident I don’t have it, or if I do it’s very mild and not dangerous. 

To a lesser extent than you, my asthma often plays up when the pollen count goes up causing a cough and wheeze. I try to reason its all ok if my temp isnt high to.

3 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

To a lesser extent than you, my asthma often plays up when the pollen count goes up causing a cough and wheeze. I try to reason its all ok if my temp isnt high to.

Ha, same!  You’re right though, things you’d normally consider seasonal, even changes in weather and how it affects you, leaves you with a nagging concern it might be something else. 

On 4/11/2020 at 10:13 AM, Cod Eye said:

Just seen a post that they are talking about keeping the lockdown in place until the vaccine is widelly available(which could take a year by all accounts). If true(and the it linked to the Daily Mail, so take that into consideration), it's going to take decades until all the fallout from this has cleared...

If the lockdown lasts anywhere close to a year, it'll be interesting to see what kind of world is even left by that point.

Everything is fine and dandy just now, but once we get a couple of monthly paydays in I can see that changing. Unemployment in the US has risen by over 6 million people in the space of a week with 16 million jobs gone in the past three weeks, and food banks are being overrun at the moment.

That's after, what? Barely a month? Let's see how we're all doing in three months.

We're seeing some experts predicting 1930's great depression era repercussions, and everything that comes with that. The Government will only be able to assist so much, as less people working means less taxation, and we're certainly not spending anywhere near as much as usual. It's a disaster waiting to happen. I said it weeks ago, but the actual virus itself will soon be the least of our worries.

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

I tried to narrow it down to the main two. Temp and or cough. 

That’s what I figured. Those two and shortness of breath. Still, I’ve never been more self conscious of every little thing like I am at the moment. My daughter sneezed once earlier and I’ve been watching her like a hawk since, it’s ridiculous.