Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Incidentally, I teach the son of the twunt who has organised the fundraiser. As they say, like father like cunt. 

Out of all the briefings, Patel's was the most emotionally void. Shocking.

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 minutes ago, Wideload90 said:

Patel's was the most emotionally void.

Well colour me shocked. What a heartless prick she is.

  • Members
Posted
2 hours ago, scratchdj said:

Whilst it probably wouldn’t make a blind bit of difference, I’d change all the advice and adverts to “Stay at your home.”

I know you can’t beat stupid, but it may have made it a bit clearer for everyone who turned up for the birthday party over the road yesterday. Or the house at the back who regularly welcome their daughter, son, their kids and dogs every other day.

The whole “surely this doesn’t apply to me” attitude is really starting to get to me.

In other news, I saw this on the BBC website. Just horrifying.

 

C5F9F7A8-C551-49D9-B124-C7B904D82081.jpeg

That wouldn't work either. Plus, as a father who co-parents and has equal custody of their children, that just doesn't make sense.

Unless you're just referring to adults visiting other households?

  • Paid Members
Posted
8 hours ago, Loki said:

Quiet roads and skies, people staying in their local community and supporting each other, long weekends at home with the kids...  I don't think the pace of life has been this slow in this country since WW2.  And if you can put the awful shit happening in the hospitals aside, it's actually quite.. pleasant.

I wonder if many people, who've been working every hour that God sends for 20 or 30 years, having finally been forced to slow down, might actually choose to carry some of these changes over into post-Covid life.  We work the longest hours of any country in Europe, it's almost a national obsession.  

I'd quite enjoy it if I could get some more things done around the house and garden. Enjoying being with the kids but I just feel so lazy when there are things to be done but I either can't get stuff (like paint) or I don't want to make a frivolous journey for things.

That's not a complaint at all, this thing is far more important than that, but just an observation that the pace of life is too slow for me. Spend every day working jealous of the people who don't have to and then when the weekends cone, I'm bored shitless!

Posted
1 hour ago, waters44 said:

They can create a vaccine overnight, but it takes a long time to make sure it’s safe to give to humans. 

I'm not sure they can, they haven't for any other Corona strain. 

Posted
3 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Well colour me shocked. What a heartless prick she is.

It's going to get worse for her, I'm absolutely sure she is going to get the same treatment from the press as Diane Abbott did when she got a number wrong.

 

 

Posted

The audacity of the cunt to actually come out with "I'm sorry people feel that way" what a vile woman. The fucking gall of any Tory voter who can defend this baffles me, if you voted these cunts in you should be fucking ashamed. 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Just about to post the same thing Keith, with a similar 'if this was Diane Abbott' quip. Jesus fucking christ, I'm not even sure of the figure she was even trying to say.

Anyone that says 'I'm sorry you feel that way' isn't sorry. It's an attempted diplomatic way of saying 'well, that's your problem mate'

Edited by PunkStep
  • Members
Posted
6 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

The audacity of the cunt to actually come out with "I'm sorry people feel that way" what a vile woman. The fucking gall of any Tory voter who can defend this baffles me, if you voted these cunts in you should be fucking ashamed. 

They're never ashamed. 

 

51 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

Yeah the latter. The government said soon after this all began that parents could collect and drop their children off in such situations, but I do genuinely believe some people think “stay at home” means “don’t go for a day out” and that an afternoon in someone else’s home is totally fine.

I did think you meant that as you're a good lad and sorry if I came across as defensive.

It's just I had someone come out of their front door after my girls had got in their mums car the other day to have a bit of a go and say they'd noticed them going between houses over the last few weeks.

To which I asked if they wanted to be the one to tell a 7 year old they won't see one of their parents for a few months then.

Posted
16 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Just about to post the same thing Keith, with a similar 'if this was Diane Abbott' quip. Jesus fucking christ, I'm not even sure of the figure she was even trying to say.

334,974 was what I think she was trying to say. What we actually got was 300,34,974,000

  • Paid Members
Posted
12 hours ago, iMPACt! said:

Yeah, I'm thinking of changing my job after this all blows over. For years I've worked in jobs that require way more hours than what I'm contracted for, sacrificing family time, but it's just expected in these companies. I'm not even at that high a level either.

I'm going to be changing jobs. I do (for the most part) like my job, and I like a lot of the people there, but the shift pattern does give my family time and social life a kicking.

While that might sound really trivial, for the last few years I've hardly seen anyone that isn't either sharing an office or sharing a house with me. I don't want a repeat of 2016 when the only time I'm seeing friends is at funerals.

Posted
22 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

What happened with the bullying allegations against her? Swept under the rug? 

Quietly found in her favour, to the surprise of nobody.

 I’m doing some freelance work for a company at the moment and had to complete their policy training on whistleblowing.  Get to fuck, it’s all nonsense - last time I made a company aware of bullying by a manager I was constructively dismissed.  All organisations are the same - the systems are designed to protect the higher ups and sacrifice the whistle blowers.

HR do not exist to protect staff, they exist to protect companies.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...