Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
25 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

Fenix to feud with Miro for the TNT Title please. 

Yep, and Penta to feud with Mox. Book it Tony!

Posted

They think highly of Garcia and 2.0 don't they? First few weeks in the company and they're mixing it with Moxley, Kingston, Darby, Sting and Punk.

Also the seeds were planted for the split of the Elite with Kenny telling the Bucks to focus their attention on Christian during the beatdown. JR made some reference to it during the show. I wonder if they lose the titles now but Omega and Callis keep telling them it's ok because he's still got the World Title. Leading to the Bucks patching things up with Hangman.

I still can't see Jericho retiring from AEW (they're very keen to point out it's AEW not wrestling he'll retire from) yet. I get the feeling that both he and AEW would want it to be in a more high-profile way, rather than it playing second fiddle to Punk's return night. I'm still plumping for Wardlow to cost MJF the match, either purposely or inadvertently to set up their inevitable feud. MJF can work the arm of Jericho over and write him off screens for a few months that way. Come back in the new year fresh and start building towards a genuine retirement angle later down the line rather than one that seems fairly rushed - even if the actual feud seems to have gone on for years between Jericho and MJF.

Posted

Another strong episode bar the women's stuff and a good finish to the show with the cage too.

The All Out build hasn't amazing because they've not even put the card together until the  last minute but I still fancy staying up for it and I'm sure it'll still deliver. I was disappointed PAC v Andrade had being postponed but now Andrade is teasing a mystery opponent. Final Countdown surely?

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, JimmyAnderson said:

Also the seeds were planted for the split of the Elite with Kenny telling the Bucks to focus their attention on Christian during the beatdown. JR made some reference to it during the show. I wonder if they lose the titles now but Omega and Callis keep telling them it's ok because he's still got the World Title. Leading to the Bucks patching things up with Hangman.

I sincerely hope this doesn't happen. This heel run is some of the best character work The Bucks, Nick Jackson especially, have ever done. They are wildly unlikeable as babyfaces and at this stage would only serve to dilute Hangman as the best pure babyface AEW has, as well as undermine his friendship with Dark Order and the story they are telling there, when that eventually comes back around. 

Edited by mim731
Spelling (not witchcraft)
Posted (edited)

Do you think if we could pay Cornette to rant about wanting them to turn face then they never will?

Start a UKFF kickstarter to fund it.

Edited by Merzbow
Posted

I know it's wishful thinking but Jericho's emphasis on it being his "final AEW match" has me hoping he's winding down his contract and will leave for a final WWE run. I'd love it if MJF beat him again. MJF as the  white hot heel that retired Chris Jericho moving into a feud with CM Punk would be great. His promo this week might have been his best ever. Proper nasty prick.

  • Paid Members
Posted
4 hours ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

I know it's wishful thinking but Jericho's emphasis on it being his "final AEW match" has me hoping he's winding down his contract and will leave for a final WWE run. I'd love it if MJF beat him again. MJF as the  white hot heel that retired Chris Jericho moving into a feud with CM Punk would be great. His promo this week might have been his best ever. Proper nasty prick.

Not a chance IMO. It's a way to call back to how he said that he'd only work japan out of loyalty to Vince. He's 100% winning this match.

  • Awards Moderator
Posted

I knew it wasn’t going to happen, but I still sort of wished when the Elite were beating everyone up in the cage, Hangman Page’s music hit and he rode out to save the day.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Reports coming out that Kevin Owens’ contract ends in January and he’s already teasing jumping to AEW. Very exciting! I love the idea that he inadvertently created this company by introducing Cody to the Young Bucks. 

That gives WWE only a few months to finally explain why Triple H handed Owens the Universal Title. Looking forward to that finally being wrapped up.

Posted

Last night, Steen* tweeted (and later deleted) the co-ordinates to Mount Rushmore.

 

’Mount Rushmore’ was the name of the faction he was in alongside The Young Bucks & Adam Cole in PWG. 
 

 

* Stop calling Kev by his slave name, ya marks.

A34F1915-EC7A-4E00-893A-BDEA1BF26426.jpeg

Posted

Something very strange is happening with these formally five year deals coming up earlier than expected. Talk that a bunch were restructured at the start of the pandemic is interesting (especially with the releases and sale talk), makes me think it was a financial decision, but it really opens things up. 

With this story maybe having bigger implications, keep your eye on Big E and Woods. 

I think Zayn's is up soon too, right?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...