The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

8 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Blows my mind that people don't want to see what Bray Wyatt could do in AEW. The greatest wrestling character and best promo of his generation before he got the main roster treatment. Some fans have such short memories. 

Is this parodying something? 

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Louch said:

Is this parodying something? 

Nope, I thought he was incredible back in NXT, he was genuinely interesting and exciting in a way that no wrestler to come through that system had ever been before, or has been since. It was an opinion pretty much universally shared on here too. The character had so much depth and nuance to it that it was clear as day that Vince wouldn't have a clue how to to book him, which was proven to be true. Now that he's out of that system I would love to see what he may do somewhere else. Of course, if he wanted to carry on doing the Fiend thing, that's another story. 

He was good, but claiming he was both the best character and promo when no one ever talks about one great promo he did is a stretch to me.  Great promo sells a match, it’s not a performance award 

Omega vs. Danielson feels special. Literally two of the very best going at it. It's the closest thing that's felt like a genuine 'WrestleMania main event' to me in a long time.

Also really cool to see Pillman Jr get a chance with MJF and Taz's stable with Punk. Everything is no new and fresh.

Anyone else feel like the dissension in the Dark Order is leading to Bray Wyatt?

Edited by Winston

46 minutes ago, Winston said:

Anyone else feel like the dissension in the Dark Order is leading to Bray Wyatt?

19 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

Halloween isnt far off is Wyatt free then? 

He was released on July 31st, so if he has the standard 90 Day No Compete that takes him to October 29th which would be a Friday for an episode of Rampage.

Something I’ve always wondered when someone is released- are they able to negotiate with someone during that 90 Day (or whatever is in their contract) timeframe so long as they don’t appear on any shows? I’ve always understood it to be a case of they’re still under WWE’s umbrella but they’ve been given 90 Days notice

Obviously theres the Brodie connection by putting him with Dark Order, but I honestly don’t know if they’d go with it or not. Rubbish dark spooky heels to goofy babyface back (potentially) to dark heels is a bit of flip-flopping just for the sake of it. 
If Bray does come in, and I expect he will at some point, I could maybe see him feuding with a face Dark Order, kind of a “I helped create this, now I’m going to destroy it” sort of thing

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

He and Braun are off to Impact aren't they? That seems to be the "popular opinion" anyway. I guess we'll find out in about 8 weeks. Shame the 29th is a Friday as that could've set things up nicely for him to appear on the Impact after Bound For Glory. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

Is there enough wiggle room for a split in the DO so we end up with 'NWO/Wolfpack' type split. Those that want to go heel head down that route with someone like Malakai Black and those staying face align with Punk or similar. Creates a reasonable 4v4 or so situation to run for a little while whilst Omega feuds with Danielson and Co. Once it gets too far both sides realise they are stronger together but neither Black nor Punk take full control and they move into an individual feud but DO look lost and rudderless.....until Hangman Page returns and rejuvenates them all and sends them after every title going and in a year or so the Dark Order are at the top end of AEW whilst creating different scenarios with the likes of Black going face. 

Could be shit but if done well it could be ok for a secondary level feud

Wyatt with the dark order is a fandom ending level event. After the growth in the dark order , how the fans took to them post brody, the hangman’s tale , the last thing they need is dragged back to spooky shite and muttering promos…….what they need is a handsome cowboy to remind them who they are and the power of friendship 

1 minute ago, Louch said:

Wyatt with the dark order is a fandom ending level event. After the growth in the dark order , how the fans took to them post brody, the hangman’s tale , the last thing they need is dragged back to spooky shite and muttering promos…….what they need is a handsome cowboy to remind them who they are and the power of friendship 

Also, would work better if Wyatt feuded with them rather than joined them.

If Bray did come into AEW, I would prefer he went back to the sort of Max Caddy shirted, Manson style southern weird guy. That character was interesting. No spooky shit.