The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

I really don’t see what else he can do with his promos leading up. Trash Darby? Won’t work fans won’t buy it or worse will and boo the shit out of sting and Allen, he even mentions another wrestler the fans will chant we want punk at said guy forever. Says he wants the title same thing. 

Hoping mjf retires Jericho and then goes after retiring punk.  

Yeah even if he doesn't feel it, I think Punk should be presented as someone in their prime, not a legacy act. Retirement angles are a proper legacy act thing. Same reason I wasn't a massive fan of Punk's "Maybe I'm a little scared" babyface shtick. Your gimmick is Best in the World and you pretty much look exactly like you did in 2011! Even as a good guy there should be a bit more of a killer edge to him than what I've seen this week. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

16 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Your gimmick is Best in the World and you pretty much look exactly like you did in 2011! Even as a good guy there should be a bit more of a killer edge to him than what I've seen this week.

I have a feeling this is how it will start to evolve for Punk. He was never coming in as a heel straight away, the crowd reactions were going to be too massive, so let him play the good guy for a bit and very slowly start to bring out that edge. He will go heel at some point, he's too good not to. It's all about who the right opponent to do it with is.

I got rid of following most of the journos and gossip pages, has there been anything Come out as to why the ex wwe guys are all over the last two weeks? The Gunns running out well after everyone had left the ring made no sense, and now we have Show Gunns breaking up 20 years beyond the point no one wanted to see them to start with. Add this to Hardy being all over and some I’m probably forgetting, seems madness when they have so many of their Own good talent seemingly sat at home 

6 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

Punks going to win the world title soon as he’s in a program for it. Mjf claiming he’s going to retire him like he did y2j gives him a reason. 

It's not about having a reason. Any heel could go after anyone and try to retire them.

The key is that it needs to be believable that a career could end. Jericho is at that point where actually there's a real possibility that it could be the end of it for him.

No one is buying into Punk retiring yet so there's no point whatsoever running a similar angle with MJF anytime soon.