The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Who the hell is paying $25 for that ‘MJF - 3, Jeriblow - 0’ T-shirt? Regardless of the outcome, it has a shelf life of less than 2 weeks

You’re right but who cares. The beauty of Print on demand tees. Whilst in WWE thousands of the fuckers would be ready to go and will sit in the sales section for months afterwards 

In terrifying news, Britt Baker has confirmed she's been getting a massive influx of wrestling fans booking dental appointments with her. 

1 minute ago, Gay as FOOK said:

In terrifying news, Britt Baker has confirmed she's been getting a massive influx of wrestling fans booking dental appointments with her. 

Bless her for trying to spin it as “getting people to care about dental hygiene” and not “weird creeps want me to put my fingers in their mouths”

26 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Honestly, don't let some of them out the house. They ruin EVERYTHING. 

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, Louch said:

2.0 are a great too cool level team. Never gonna be top tag team, but good for others to beat 

I likened them to the Beverly Brothers in a conversation with a mate about their early days in AEW. Cocky blowhards who look good squashing jobbers on the c-shows but readily get their comeuppance from the actual stars.

45 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

I feel like an announcement about Trios Titles is imminent. Just feels over the last few weeks that they've really picked up the usage of the term Trios rather than six-man tag. 

I think it's probably inevitable, but I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'd rather see them use the time they'll spend on this to build on their women's division, and focus on singles feuds. Clearly it's a tool in which they can get more wrestlers on TV, but I don't see the need for the titles themselves existing. More multi-person matches and less singles feuds on PPVs seems like a recipe for weaker storytelling. Feuds involving two three-men teams don't seem particularly compelling. We'll see, I suppose. 

• Paid Members

Maybe it's latent CHIKARA nostalgia speaking, but I'd rather see them do a Trios tournament once a year than a regular Trios title. They haven't so far been tracking trios win/loss records, and while they have a fair few stables, there aren't that many that I'd point to and say "that's a regular trio", so you'd inevitably end up with a tag team plus one other guy, or three out of five members of a stable, or whatever.

That wouldn't be as jarring if it were a tournament across a few weeks of TV, rather than something they had to find time for every week. The tournament structure would also allow for them to take the best thing about CHIKARA's King of Trios, which was random guest teams - they could do what they did with the last women's tournament and hold qualifiers in other countries and other promotions, have the odd indie or international team making it surprisingly deep into the tournament, or have nostalgia act trios come in for a match or two. 

Looking at AEW's roster page, these are what I would consider reasonably viable trios:

Spoiler
  • Kenny Omega & The Young Bucks
  • The Gunn Club
  • Best Friends
  • 2.0 & Daniel Garcia
  • Death Triangle
  • The Inner Circle (Santana & Ortiz & Jericho/Hager/Guevera)
  • The Pinnacle (FTR & MJF/Shawn Spears)
  • The Dark Order (Uno, Stu & Colt Cabana)
  • The Dark Order (Alex Reynolds, John Silver & Preston Vance)

• Paid Members

I’ve always thought they could make a Trios division into their version of WCW’s Cruiserweight division. Use it to showcase younger talent having mad, crazy spot fests. I think it’s just wishful thinking on my part though. I’m still not over CIMA’s group of spotty gymnasts not coming in. That looked wild.