Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
1 minute ago, DavidB6937 said:

At this point it'll be so awkward seeing him going back to 'The List' or whatever. I hope if he does go back to WWE at some point for the HOF run or whatever then he stays how he is now. Knowing how much fun he's been having with creative freedom and all that. Although I'd be shocked if Vince would let him walk out looking like that.

No way does he do his AEW gimmick in WWE. He'd go back to The List for sure. I doubt when he does go back, He'll care, Tbh. He'll get that HOF induction and then retire or just coast off past glories. Odds on him retiring in AEW though? Could it happen?

Posted

Jericho is one of about five people in the business who'll happily text Vince a no. If he does a final Hall of Fame run, he'll get his Vince Neil cosplay if it's what he goes to bat for. He'll just throw all the older gimmicks into the mix too. 

Same with The List. I don't think he'd return to it as his primary foil. The guy's very good at having new stupid things for each return. 

Posted

I think he retires. He’s smart enough to know when to go. He will know he’s slowing down, and with new guys coming in his roles gonna be diminished. Perfect time to bow out being the first big star 

Posted (edited)

While I don’t doubt that he will go back to WWE in some form one day, I don’t think it’s going to be any time soon which makes me think he’s picking up the win at All Out before being written off in some sort of injury angle.

Without sounding like I’m body-shaming the guy (I’m hardly one to talk), even if he was to go back to WWE I doubt Vince would even put him on TV in the shape that Jericho’s currently in.

Edited by WyattSheepMask
Posted

I can definitely see Handsome Wardlow costing MJF the match setting up a future implosion which is fine by me because The Pinnacle as a whole have been pretty naff imo and are bogging MJF down. 

Posted (edited)

I don’t see Wardlow costing MJF the match, but I could get behind him saving Jericho from a prolonged beat down and turning him that way. Even though MJF & Jericho, FTR & Santana & Ortiz and Sammy & Spears have still been facing each other in their own respective things, they haven’t been playing up the Pinnacle v Inner Circle part of it. Have both groups had something of a silent break up?

Edited by WyattSheepMask
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JohnKringler said:

No way does he do his AEW gimmick in WWE. He'd go back to The List for sure. I doubt when he does go back, He'll care, Tbh. He'll get that HOF induction and then retire or just coast off past glories. Odds on him retiring in AEW though? Could it happen?

Yup, always the way.

No matter what you do elsewhere, you're going back there in their gimmick. Break the Walls Down and all that shite.

Look at Bully Ray, "Back in the funny glasses and camo you go son."

It's just as likely that WWE would induct him while being with AEW. It's happened before with Flair when with TNA (cue the contract tampering), can't see AEW blocking it.

Edited by garynysmon
Posted
Just now, garynysmon said:

Yup, always the way.

No matter what you do elsewhere, you're going back there in their gimmick.

Look at Bully Ray, "Back in the funny glasses and camo you go son."

Which is infuriating. Bully Ray could have been a solid heel on Smackers in 2016. Nobody gave a shiny shite about The Dudleys after their return in 2015.

Posted

100% Jericho is going over with his spinning back elbow. He’s already given plenty to MJF; getting thrown off the cage and tapping to him relatively clean (albeit in a gimmick match of sorts).

Jericho gets a win back then gets written off tv for a bit. 

Who knows when he’ll retire, I just hope before then he finds the time to return to NJPW for a match with Suzuki, then he can call it a day.

Posted
12 hours ago, Statto said:

Not being a dick but just pointing it out because her being called green made me laugh (and I don't think she's great either) - she's now into her 17th year as a pro wrestler!

Doesn't mean she can't be green.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Yeah, it's the worst AEW I've seen. But it's far better than 99% of other wrestling I have seen in the last 5 years. OK, not a large pool, but still...

 

Main take aways are:

 

Punk was over to fuck.

Britt Baker is a huge face, who wrestles as a heel against faces. Give her a few heels to batter, at least let her be tweener. Which is kind of what I assume the Hayter stuff is.

Varsity Blondes are rough as fuck, but I love them! I can't explain it, but I feel they could be a team to watch.

The 6 man bored the fuck out of me. But then Darby always bores me. I get why people like him, but he leaves me cold. 

 

Posted

Shockingly meh episode after all that momentum. Baffling.

From the silly Cassidy Hardy opener, to Lee Johnson at the end, just why.

Agreed re the women. While many have potential they continue to perform moves they don't have the strength or skill to pull off. Surely only a matter of time until someone gets hurt.

QT loosing before the biggest match of his life, again why? Nice build on Christian Omega, and Callis continues to be a hoot. Overall a big ball dropped. Any new viewers have to be turned off.

  • Paid Members
Posted
39 minutes ago, boyfriend said:

QT loosing before the biggest match of his life, again why?

He's jobbing to Big Show in under 3 minutes. Everyone knows this. No point trying to build him up beforehand when everyone knows he's losing.

Posted

He doesn't need a 6 month mega push but would it have killed for him to cheat a win and be a sneaky prick. He can put the Gunn lads over whenever. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...