The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Nice to see Big Bubba Rogers return to the ring in that six man, I guess WWE still own the Bossman gimmick.

Might have been my favourite bit of the show that.Ā I love those goofs as lower card Heels.

Yeah this was wasted opportunity if ever there was one. It was watchable but certainly nothing to shout about and they REALLY should have been shouting because more people than ever may well have been listening.

Fundamentally I think the main problem was pretty much everything felt inconsequential and fine. They are clearly focused on the future but if you have some stuff cooking and your not really going to do anything with that stuff that matters at least try and jump-start and heat up something else properly.

The Hayter stuff was a head scratcher. Instead of Red Velvet I'd have had one of Dark jobbers get destroyed Lance Archer style. Nothing competitive about it. ThenĀ later you can get the win over a Velvet level talent once Hayter is established. Better yet do an angle instead of having a meaningless match and get a second or god forbid thirdĀ female roster fued going.

Love Tony. Punk doesn't need him anywhere near his promos though. Wasn't bad but wasn't next level. The Brian tease was fun. Darby being in the match really sucks. I mean I'm sure it will be a good match but the allegations just mean it sucks he's on TV. I get that Steve Austin feeling now which is a real bummer. I like his work, think he's good at it but really would be more comfortable if he'd just fuck off.

Miro's promo was tremendous as usual. Love that maniac.

Wouldn't have minded the main event if it wasn't the actual main event. Would quite like them to try and do something with Johnson though so if this is actually going somewhere then I'll forgive it one day.

Ā 

I feel bad for Kojima, Twitter seemed to be 99% of people not knowing who he is and he even came out and tweeted himself a real sad post about it.

I do understand the disappointment tho, especially after Mox dropped Tanahashi's name a few weeks before.

• Paid Members

I don't really think Hayter and Britt should be paired up really. If Hayter was on her own they have a womens division of: Britt, Statlander, Conti, Hayter, SHIDA, Rose, Deeb, Hirsch, Rosa as your main acts. Sign up Ruby Riott or someone similar and that's a pretty banging division. Need to stop wasting TV time with extremely green acts like Velvet, The Bunny and Penelope Ford.

49 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I feel bad for Kojima, Twitter seemed to be 99% of people not knowing who he is and he even came out and tweeted himself a real sad post about it.

I do understand the disappointment tho, especially after Mox dropped Tanahashi's name a few weeks before.

He will be fine at the show. People will go nuts for him. The fans will know who he is and want the show to be a success. Itā€™s a definite clanger after the Tanahashi hype but AEW fans are pretty forgiving. They know itā€™s just something that got messed up rather than in WWE where they would just lie about everything.

Minoru SuzukiĀ is over working NJPW Strong at the end of September, Ā hereā€™s hoping for Moxley/Suzuki II

Easily my favourite match last yearĀ 

They seem to be going with a Moxley/New Japan rivalry currently, thereā€™s a few New Japan wrestlers over in the US at the moment and will be in the future so he has tons of potential feuds moving into the endĀ of the year.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

AEW always seem to do this. After a big PPV they'll be weak and off for a few weeks, then they smash out tons of quality telly, then things go a bit off again in the few weeks before the next big PPV.Ā 

Yeah, it's definitely been a theme over the past 18 months that the product seems to get colder in the weeks leading up to and coming out of a PPV. It's really strange.

• Awards Moderator

My FITE video started playing at slightly faster than normal speed partway through this show. The sound was at normal speed but the movements in the matches particularly were completely off, like Iā€™d accidentally set it to 1.2x speed, which made it really hard to watch. Anyone know what might have happened and how I can avoid it in future?

54 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

My FITE video started playing at slightly faster than normal speed partway through this show. The sound was at normal speed but the movements in the matches particularly were completely off, like Iā€™d accidentally set it to 1.2x speed, which made it really hard to watch. Anyone know what might have happened and how I can avoid it in future?

Turn it off and then turn it back on againĀ 

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Yakashi said:

They know itā€™s just something that got messed up rather than in WWE where they would just lie about everything.

I'm all for giving AEW the benefit of the doubt, but this part right here, is a load of shit.

Remember the build up to the Christian announcement? How much Tony Khan hyped that up? AEW are the ones that put the Tanahashi name out there for people to think, it's not just something that got messed up, they teased something and delivered something else. Let's not get it twisted.Ā 

I'm not angry or disappointed as I don't really know Japanese wrestling, but let's call a spade a spade.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Need to stop wasting TV time with extremely green acts like Velvet, The Bunny and Penelope Ford.

Not being a dick but just pointing it out because her being called green made me laugh (and I don't think she's great either) - she's now into her 17th year as a pro wrestler!

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, Statto said:

Not being a dick but just pointing it out because her being called green made me laugh (and I don't think she's great either) - she's now into her 17th year as a pro wrestler!

Oh really? You'd think she wouldn't be so useless by this point.

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Did that a couple of times - didnā€™t change anything šŸ˜”

I'd say 'take it out and blow it', but i'd only end up in the Out of Context UKFF thread.Ā 

The Lee Johnson run in reminded so much of Jamie Hayter just 2 weeks ago-Big Dramatic run in that got crickets from the crowd. Like seriously, did ANYBODY in that crowd know who he was? How have they fallen in to the same trap again? AEW regularly forget that your average fan isn't some wrestling nerd who knows everybody's name, signature move and home town.

It was just a really odd show wasn't it? Weeks of momentum kinda felt like they have come to a halt. It felt like they needed some interaction between Punk and Darby, I hope it's not going to be one of them 'We are all friends' feuds, I'm not saying one has to turn heel but at least have a bit of spice to it.

The whole thing felt like a 'b show' in off season, not an A show during a peak.