The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

21 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

That show was shitty. In that they said shit about a million times. Enough of that please.

You know, I was going to point out the number of "shits". I wonder if that was the most times the word "shit" was said on a single episode of a major US wrestling television show? 

24 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

If it was me booking (and I fully expect any stick that comes my way!) I would like to see it go to a 30 minute time limit draw, then on the next live edition of Rampage which I think is October 15th, go to a 60 minute time limit draw thanks to the Elite constantly interfering at different times to distract the ref etc.

I'm not mad about a 60-minute draw (that length of match is just too long for my tastes) but I definitely wouldn't be against Danielson and Omega being unable to put one another away next week. It would make a lot of sense, and they would avoid having a repeat of the way they handled Christian/Omega. I do wonder how that result would be received by the crowd though, and would it take the wind out of the sails of what should be an otherwise hot show? 

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Oh yeah, Adam Cole is not good at this wrestling stuff. Generic, average in the ring and bad on the mic. His baybay schtick is embarrassing. 

I thought it was a good showing from him, considering Kaz seemed to get his bell rung early doors and looked sloppy at times.

But you have pretty much said for Adam Cole what people were saying about Cena 15 years ago. The simple facts are the audience absolutely buy in to it. It may not be for you, it's not really for me, but you can't discount he is over like rover.

• Paid Members

I have no problem with Adam Cole in the opener, doing a basic match that ends naturally. It’s the overlong, “epics,” I can’t stand. Hopefully we’ve seen the last of them. Yeah though. There’s no denying he’s over as fuck.

Remember when someone was saying the Young Bucks were burying FTR? Yeah, I bet Cash and Dax are gutted to be wrestling Sting on the biggest show in the history of the company. What a burial.

My only gripe with Cole is he is playing that tweener pre aew BC/Elite role as the bad guy who plays for cheers. Something we all expected the Bucks and omega to do when they turned, but they went the opposite way and went over the top and unlikable .

6 minutes ago, Louch said:

My only gripe with Cole is he is playing that tweener pre aew BC/Elite role as the bad guy who plays for cheers. Something we all expected the Bucks and omega to do when they turned, but they went the opposite way and went over the top and unlikable .

I've not been particularly impressed by his promos, they've been pretty unremarkable so far. Maybe it's just me, but I don't quite get what he's going for with the "story-time" line that he keeps using. He's perfectly fine, but I don't quite understand why the people who are really into him feel the way that they feel just yet. 

17 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Remember when someone was saying the Young Bucks were burying FTR? Yeah, I bet Cash and Dax are gutted to be wrestling Sting on the biggest show in the history of the company. What a burial.

That was and is a hill I'm willing to die on.

They went FIVE MONTHS from early February to the end of July without having a televised tag match.

I remember seeing the top 5 rankings which showed Young Bucks, Varsity Blondes, & The Acclaimed had all wrestled literally twice as many matches as FTR in 2021.

It's fair to point out that in the first half of 2021 they became part of The Pinnacle, a main event faction, which sounds like a big push.

But they were then lost in various multi-man matches and they were on screen literally less than 3 minutes in the 32 minute Stadium Stampede match.

I don't know what has changed since Cash's injury, but I'm delighted to see them on TV regularly now and can't wait for that match with Darby & Sting.

The commentators constantly telling us they are the best tag team in the world made no sense for most of this year, but now they are finally getting their chance to prove it.

Great show top to bottom, although I could’ve done without CM Punk on commentary for the first half of the show. He didn’t add anything and could’ve easily just come for his angle.

Even Shawn Spears didn’t drag the show down, and he looks much better for having dropped some size recently. He’s still bigger than he was in WWE, but he was comically inflated last year.

Those cards for next weeks shows are incredible though. Good luck topping that with NXT Art Attack

Edited by WyattSheepMask