The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

53 minutes ago, CavemanLynn said:

A lot of people assuming, if Bray came in, it'd be as a dark force to take over the Dark Order. But what about if he arrived and the Dark Order chose to bring him into the group, just showering him with positive praise, friendship and hope, so we get comedy powerhouse Bray just enjoying himself for a bit?

Strangely I thought myself this is an angle you go on. He comes in and is welcome into the Dark Order in a pally and friendly manner.

Meanwhile you have guys who know him, like Bryan Danielson going "hey guys .. just be careful yeah? He's a bit of a dick. Don't want you be taken for a ride ok?"

Then you have Bray doing the "I'm not telling you anything you don't already know" type role and breeds dissension amongst the Dark Order (and the wider roster) because he really is manipulative dick who is in it for shits and giggles.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I'd be interested to know what the general fanbase thinks of this. I don't know much about any of the wrestlers he's faced, or is touted to face. I don't have any investment in who wins either, given that his opponents don't regularly wrestle for AEW. It all feels very inconsequential. 

I don't know anything about any of these guys and while the announcers do a great job at hyping them up they are quite clearly old men who have seen better days and look a bit ropey out there. I'm sure Mox enjoys wrestling them but I don't think it's doing him many favours. 

Black's win over Cody got him over big-time but it's been downhill since - despite him still getting victories. And now that the rematch with Cody has been announced, it seems as if he's already gearing up for his loss. And I don't see what comes next for him after that.

Punk against Team Taz is something I'd like to see, if not exactly my number one choice for Punk at this stage. Him and Taz on the mic will be good and him against Starks in the ring should be good. And I'm sure he'll deliver a good match with Hobbs. Might also be a good opportunity for Taz to debut a new member to his stable. Hopefully they keep Brian Cage away from the feud though. End goal Starks/Hobbs/Hook v Punk/Darby/Sting perhaps? (given the history between Team Taz and Darby/Sting).

Nice to see Santana & Ortiz wanting to go after the Tag Titles. Them against the Lucha Bros would be a belting match.

Soho and Baker will undoubtedly have a good match for the Women's Title but Jamie Hayter needs to fuck off from Britt. Might of just been me but when Soho started to take her coat off to look like she was ready for a fight, Britt had to remind Hayter that this is the moment you're meant to step in front of me. And then she loses the match against Soho later on and gets chased off, along with Rebel and Baker, by Rhio and Statlander. I just don't think this Baker/Hayter relationship is helping either.

Dan Lambert and Men of the Year badmouthing all the new signings was an interesting route. Not sure who's going to step up to take them on. 

Wardlow had the perfect opportunity to turn on MJF last night but I'm guessing they want a few more jibes from MJF towards Wardlow before the eventual split. The actual promo by MJF didn't seem to really get as much emotion from the crowd as was expected, nor did the hometown hero Brian Pillman Jr's responses. The talk on here the other day about MJF "trying too hard to be a heel" really shone through here. And is "mid" really offensive in America? Maybe we'll get a Varsity Blondes v MJF & Wardlow match, where Wardlow finally turns on MJF so this segment will be somewhat worth it but as of now it was pretty poor and not just in taste of what MJF said but the all round execution of it. Not sure where The Acclaimed fit into any of this but at least they're back on-screen

Anna Jay should be the leader of Dark Order. She's the one constantly bollocking them for their in-house fighting. She even called them "family" which means they're a real AEW group. And she'll probably get fed up of it that she'll ring Hangman and ask him to come back and get his mates all on one side again. Their match with, what's left of, The Pinnacle was good enough. It keeps both sides on telly and Tully calling out Sting was a little out of the blue. Though three on one beatdowns for Darby from The Pinnacle will put Darby in situations where he's at his best though.

The Elite where as good as ever as was the response from Danielson. The acknowledgement of Cole & Baker without having them as an on-screen couple (yet) was a nice touch. Be interesting to see if Schiavone nows cools off on Britt or if she starts teasing him over it leading to Paul Wight coming to Tony's aid once more to take on Adam Cole. Alternatively Cole can keep having a pop at Schiavone, only for Britt to defend Tony though she's still meant to be a heel isn't she? Kenny v Danielson will be a great match, even if not for the World Title. But I hope we don't get another Blood and Guts or Stadium Stampede match to settle it all between the Elite and Danielson/Christian/Jurassic Express. Gallows and Anderson can't even get a mention from their own members when they're talking about themselves - poor sods. 

Mox was never gonna lose to Suzuki so the match, while good, was never really in any doubt. Him celebrating with his people afterwards was more entertaining than the actual match

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, JimmyAnderson said:

And is "mid" really offensive in America?

Have you never met an American? America thinks its the best country in the world. Each State thinks it's the best place in the world. A huge portion of Americans don't even own passports, so their whole view of anything outside of America is blinkered.

Also, they have a competition called The World Series for a domestic competition. If you suggest anything in America is crap, you'll get some angry Trumped up rednecks wanting to kill you.

I get it was done to get the crowd to turn on the wee guy, but having to give the “stay away from my girl” speech to a 63 year old with a diamond earring is about as insecure as insecure gets haha 

Meltzer reporting today that the plan for Adam Cole on WWE’s Main Roster was as a manager for a newly heel Keith Lee similar to the dynamic with Lashley and Lio Rush a few years back. There were also apparently plans to change his name as they didn’t want two ‘Coles’ on the roster. Can see why he jumped ship if it’s true. 

18 minutes ago, Callum1993 said:

Meltzer reporting today that the plan for Adam Cole on WWE’s Main Roster was as a manager for a newly heel Keith Lee similar to the dynamic with Lashley and Lio Rush a few years back. There were also apparently plans to change his name as they didn’t want two ‘Coles’ on the roster. Can see why he jumped ship if it’s true. 

Who’s the other Cole? Michael?

48 minutes ago, Matthew said:

Surely that’s not true. I can’t imagine the old man is that deluded so as not to give somebody a run, just because he has the same name as a bloody commentator?!

He was going to give him a run though, in that scenario, just changing his name first.

They have always done this in WWE because they believe sports-entertainment fans are too stupid to understand if two people on the same show have the same name.

That's why Lance Cade became Garrison, Shane Helms became Gregory, and so on.