Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I've not been particularly impressed by his promos, they've been pretty unremarkable so far. Maybe it's just me, but I don't quite get what he's going for with the "story-time" line that he keeps using. He's perfectly fine, but I don't quite understand why the people who are really into him feel the way that they feel just yet. 

I think that on dynamite is the first time I have seen him wrestle. Only seen him before on BTE. He seems decent, but the crowd interaction baybay has always been what got guys more over than how they where in the ring. Godfather/ road dogg/ al snow all had things that the crowd chanting in their entrance or promo and elevated them above their in ring talent. He’s above all 3 of them in ring, but it adds that shine 

Edited by Louch
  • Paid Members
Posted

Cody looked absolutely imperious in his red suit making the save. Some boos I heard for him at the beginning, but he had them back during the brawl. 

Really fun show, didn't drag at all. 

Posted
57 minutes ago, DCW said:

Callis is far better than Heyman these days too.

Is he though? He's great but he's very different. Heyman's done a fantastic job with Roman and continues to do so. I imagine it's very much down to personal preference but I think they're both at the top of their game at the moment.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Callis is infinitely better than Heyman. It’s not even close. Almost exclusively, Heyman does the same thing every week. Meanwhile not a single show goes by where Callis isn’t doing something new or different, getting a new snide comment in at Schiavone, his tan somehow getting more and more ridiculous, playing the crowd like a fiddle, getting tonnes of heat, wildly entertaining, all whilst carrying Omega on the microphone and being an integral part of one of the best acts in decades. It’s almost a shame everyone wants to say, “shit,” at the moment because the crowd chanting, “piece of shit!” is great stuff.

Also, let’s not forget. Mark Henry telling Don Callis to piss off and not letting him commentate was a better payoff than the main event finish of most Wrestlemanias.

Posted
20 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Is he though? He's great but he's very different. Heyman's done a fantastic job with Roman and continues to do so. I imagine it's very much down to personal preference but I think they're both at the top of their game at the moment.

Heyman gets a lotta talk about his promos skills, but he’s in the bray wyatt camp of saying a lot of fuck all anytime I’ve seen him ever since he first reappeared with Lesnar 

  • Paid Members
Posted
32 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Is he though? He's great but he's very different. Heyman's done a fantastic job with Roman and continues to do so. I imagine it's very much down to personal preference but I think they're both at the top of their game at the moment.

Heyman has been saying/acting the same way for about a decade at this stage, on TV anyway. Probably not his fault, just more laziness on WWE's part and him wanting an easy life.

Posted

They're gonna do Punk vs Hook aren't they? If they do, go on. I'm up for that. Lovely twink Hook getting his face caved in. Fair enough. 

I love Hook. He's literally reminds me of a Bill Bailey gag about the little shite that hangs with the bigger boys. He's great. Looks like a little shithead as Bob Holly would opine. Really like AEW's heels and they're ability to make me want them battered. 

Posted (edited)

Hook is a weekly highlight for me. When he grabbed Punk in the sleeper I literally punched the air (I'm not really a Punk fan) and then laughed at myself for how invested I was in a wrestling show at half 8 on a Thursday morning!! 

 

Edited by NavigatorFan
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...