The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

Blimey, this is something. And a hell of an 'oof' to WWE, even if unintentional. AEW to have a tournament called 'The Owen' to honour Owen Hart, and the right to produce Owen Hart merchandise (and feature him in their game).

After all this time to have Martha and the foundation trust them shows how much goodwill they are building in how they treat people. I remember this being hinted at in the interview Martha did with Jericho for DSOTR, to see it come to fruition is massive. They are gonna break my heart one day being massive bastards that everyone in wrestling turns into, but Today they have made me very happy in a way I didn’t expect after reading that news 

• Paid Members
Just now, Louch said:

Brody & owen figures are gonna sell like crazy. You’d imagine both will see money going to good causes 

They still have the Brody memorial shirt don’t they with profits going to the family (as well as negative 1’s 10 year contract) so I’d guess they will do the same for Owen. Good on them.

7 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

They still have the Brody memorial shirt don’t they with profits going to the family (as well as negative 1’s 10 year contract) so I’d guess they will do the same for Owen. Good on them.

The one really admirable thing about this also with the AEW shows I've been to so far - they never really had wrestler specific shirts and it was all AEW branded stuff at the merch stands, apart from Brodies shirt. Really shows how they went out of the way to help them out. That'll be different now with the Punk shirts printing money but it was really nice.

• Paid Members

That’s really lovely. Mad what can be achieved if you’re half decent in this business. That Brodie Lee show  is going to end up being one of the most pivotal shows in wrestling history. This huge moment that proved you could run a wrestling promotion and yet still be a nice, normal person.

Becoming the company that creates happy addendums to episodes of Dark Side of the Ring pretty much solidifies Ric Flair isn’t ever coming in, doesn’t it?

Edited by Supremo

2 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

I wonder where there'll get any Owen Hart footage from?  Is the old Stampede library up for grabs?

I know he wrestled a few times for WCW but, of course, even that's owned by WWE these days.

They seem to be pretty pally with New Japan so maybe them, although using their footage or even pics seem to get a lot of people in trouble on Twitter. Think that's down to the tv station though, is it TV Asai or something like that? different circumstance with AEW using it if given permission of course 

9 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

I wonder where there'll get any Owen Hart footage from?  Is the old Stampede library up for grabs?

I don’t know about the full library, but Bret has say over his matches, so if there were ever any Owen v Bret matches or tag team matches that featured them both, it would be Bret that signs off on it

Edited by WyattSheepMask