Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
7 minutes ago, Statto said:

If they get Punk, I wonder if they'd be able to get Cult of Personality?

Presumably any licencing WWE had for it has been allowed the lapse after 7 years of no use, and the fact they had it before wouldn't prevent another wrestling company from picking it up?

I don't know as WWE can be petty when they want to be...say like firing a guy on his wedding day.

  • Members
Posted
18 minutes ago, Statto said:

If they get Punk, I wonder if they'd be able to get Cult of Personality?

Presumably any licencing WWE had for it has been allowed the lapse after 7 years of no use, and the fact they had it before wouldn't prevent another wrestling company from picking it up?

I appreciate everyone has different tastes but those nerds who would like Punk to come out to AFI and not Cult Of Personality need their heads checking.

Posted
2 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I appreciate everyone has different tastes but those nerds who would like Punk to come out to AFI and not Cult Of Personality need their heads checking.

That would actually make a bit of sense... it takes the beat from The Terminator.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

Wouldn’t there be a massive Colt Cabana-sized elephant in the room if Punk signed with AEW?

And if I had to pick between CM Punk or the Dark Order? It’s the Dark Order every single time.

Daniel Bryan is a no-brainier though. I’d give him double whatever he asked for.

What kind of WCW Nitro tribute show is this is they don’t throw top dollar at big stars? It would be awesome.

God, they can sack off Colt Cabana at the drop of a hat if needs be!

Posted
1 hour ago, garynysmon said:

God, they can sack off Colt Cabana at the drop of a hat if needs be!

If a multi-millionaire demanded that a much financially worse-off employee with was fired in order for them to join a company, I wouldn’t want to sign that multi-millionaire. 

Having said that, surely to goodness Punk isn’t petty enough to not join a company because someone he has fallen out with works there. Heck, WWE were objectively horrendous to him, and he hasn’t fully shut the door on one day returning there to wrestle. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
4 hours ago, Statto said:

If they get Punk, I wonder if they'd be able to get Cult of Personality?

He did get to use it in UFC so it would probably be alright/big possibility if he showed up. 

Posted
6 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

I'm basing this off of absolutely nothing, and I'm sure he has a fantastic fitness regime, but him coming back would be like watching him at 0.5x speed. 

He'll be slow as shit, and it'll be massively exposed against the talent.

That being said, I would absolutely love to see it happen though.

It's not like Punk was ever a super-athlete though. He had the indy cred, but never really the athleticism/explosiveness of someone like Bryan. I can't think of anything in his act that age would compromise, save for maybe the springboard clothesline, which I don't think he did a ton of towards the end of his run anyway.

Posted

If Jericho is hitting lionsaults in his 50s, I’m sure punk could pull off the big elbow or springboard in us early 40s. 
I loved punk in wwe, from ecw to his exit. But from my view I’d rather see the next group of guys come up they are building than him and Bryan appear when I feel like I’d seen everything I needed of them both 7 years ago 

Posted

What would Punks character even be? The pissed off guy trying to get some recognition ahead of part timers wouldn't go over so well unless he's heel, straight edge heel opposite Page?

Punks one of my all time faves yet I don't see a place for him where he actually improves it. I may be wrong mind, I wasn't optimistic about the dark order, thought they'd made numerous errors with other characters such as brodie Lee, matt Hardy, FTR and so on to be proven wrong each time. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Pretty quiet show this week. A nice set up event for next week which looks like it will be a belter in Charlotte.

I really liked the Andrade & Death Triangle segment. Just so not polished, half of it in Spanish, Andrade just looking like such a cool prick, crowd loving everyone anyway. There are no real stakes in this feud but in 10 seconds last week and one segment this, it feels huge with so many questions about where it will go, what Andrade wants and whether Ray and Penta will end up with him. Just the sort of thing that's been missing.

Hope that's the end of OC and the Blade. Garbage that's way beneath OC and hasn't clicked at all. The only thing on this show I have absolutely zero interest in.

Posted

I think the quality of shows in general has been so good this past week that Dynamite felt like a come down despite it wasn't a bad show at all.

 

Fun opener and cool reveal (although I'm not a fan of his, I appreciate many are), Andrade and death triangle was hot, Chavo was insanely over.

Hopefully that's the end of Britt Baker and Nyla Rose, a feud absolutely nobody believed in. Also, that was definitely a 3 count, Rose never kicked out in time and that kind of just ruined the match despite it actually having a decent finish.

Fun main event with the sort of finish AEW fans love and will give Jim Cornette material for a week (I swear him and Khan are secretly working together). Surprise winner also.

 

Next Week's card didn't fill me with major excitement though , I can't even remember off the top of my head but think it was a lot of multi mans

  • Paid Members
Posted

Nick Gage is one of the strangest looking chaps in wrestling. He looks like a silverback gorilla, but even though I don't know too much about him, he seems to have that New Jack style vibe to him that you genuinely believe he could fuck you up if you step out of line.

  • Paid Members
Posted
8 hours ago, RedRooster said:

Having said that, surely to goodness Punk isn’t petty enough to not join a company because someone he has fallen out with works there.

Don't know CM Punk very well, do you.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...