The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, Vegeta said:

Just watched this weeks episode and was gonna say how good I thought it was, but wow Bryan and punk?! 

I'll wait to see, but if that's true and they are used right, thats a game changer for aew surely?

I don’t think so. I mean if you already love the product, it won’t change much. But absolutely to people who haven’t dipped their toes in. They are the biggest marquee names since Jericho.

• Paid Members

Not as good as last week but still a solid show where everything made sense and the time flew by. Crazy main event, too.

Next week’s show has one of the greatest lineups I can ever remember for free TV. I can’t wait!

1.15 million viewers. This is a hot company.

Edited by Supremo

Quick thoughts as its my birthday so it's been a bit catching up to it.

*Like everyone else, I agree it was like, a pretty good episode but not on last weeks patch. But last week was just an insane bit of TV. They maintained it well tbh.

*I know pretty much all about Nick Gage without really ever seeing much of him. Someone said New Jack, and that's the vibe I get from him. I don't know if he'll be around longer, but Eddie Kingston made it, so I guess this mad fucker will too. What a unique roster of workers they have, such a madly diverse bunch of styles. Jericho's Pain Maker gear is a bit of chuckle innit. Come on Chris mate. I'm sure it'll be good, I have no idea what to really expect. Shawn Spears was very decent too and that was a solid opener.

*Kaz/Gallows was about 6 minutes, thank christ. Another good Hangman segment this week, bit of the same of last week, but that's actually fine. Next week is going to be molten regardless.

*Santana, lads, I believe every damn word he utters.

*Count me as someone who didn't mind the OC/Blade feud. It was neat 4 week open and shut story with a great finish. Cassidy wins, and then, because payback, he smashes the prick in the face and takes the knucks as a trophy. He's still brilliant. OC and Sting's face off was outrageous. One of the funniest moments of the year. Sting is so, so good. Darby with his 'Dad your embarrassing me' reaction too. My mate really fancies Wheeler Yuta.

*I don't mind Chavo, I mean, it's Chavo, but he's capable enough. Death Triangle have such an awesome look to them. This angle has no clear direction, which I'm really interested in. I got real 'turn on Pac' vibes for a few parts of the segment. Then they went the other way with it. We are going to get some blinding matches out of this.

*Baker and Nyla was fun in that 'oh shit it's going squiffy' way. I really don't mind of the match is a bit sloppy, I really liked it and by the end they actually had it all clicking. Not amazing, but a good first defence for Britt, who can probably flip heel to face depending who she's working with.

*Speaking of heeling it, Mox in the main event was really great, just being a bit too sadistic and getting boos for it. But he's Mox, so you know it's not a heel turn. I loved the main event. The violent stuff isn't really my thing either, but in this match I was fine with it. Jake Roberts was wearing some proper boss clobber on. Really good to see Archer get a bit win and some gold. It's done a fair bit of work to repair him after he kinda fell into a choke artist for a bit. 

Next weeks card looks very tasty. I cannot wait for that Elimination Tag.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, PJ Power said:

Thunder Rosa's now officially signed with AEW.

Apparently AEW bought out her NWA contract early, which is strange timing considering the NWA is heavily promoting its own women's only PPV in a couple of weeks and are trying to make a bit of a splash.

I'd have thought they'd have wanted to keep her around for that, although relations being what they are its quite possible she still would.

• Paid Members

That was probably my biggest takeaway from this whole show. There’s an absolutely incredible heel run to be had with Moxley in a year or so. No gas masks. No handkerchiefs. Just a horrible bastard stabbing people with forks.

Sting’s interaction with Orange Cassidy was better than anything he ever did in WWE. Great fun.

That flurry where the Dark Order hit a bunch of moves and then Hangman appeared out of nowhere with the Buckshot was wild. I can’t imagine next week’s Elimination Tag not being a match of the year contender.

Chavo is better than Vickie. But Konnan is better than both of them combined.

As people have stated i'm up for Bryan coming in especially if he slips into just having fun matches as a veteran with younger talent. I reckon after a quick tussle with the Elite they could settle him into being on TV every few weeks with one week video package of him and another opponent talking about why they want to wrestle each other and then the match. Have that be his role for at least 6 months before picking up a storyline again. I'd be happy with 20-30 min belters every few weeks. 

Been having a chuckle reading back through a lot of the comments on the first AEW Thread - from initial rumours through to the first Double Or Nothing. 

Favourite comment being - "MJF is a shit Alberto Del Rio knock off though. Don't see the appeal at all." :D 

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Never considered a Mox heel run but fuck me imagine the heat if he ever turns on Eddie in New York. 

I hope that doesn't happen. The idea of fucking over the hometown boy in favour of "HEAT" is a trope of WWE booking that has failed more often than not over the past fifteen years. AEW seems to have their head screwed on when it comes to safe, reliable, crowd pleasing wins and that's what makes them a cut above.