Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
36 minutes ago, Chili said:

Go nuts. Six parts so far. 

 

Thank you, that's tonight's viewing sorted ?

Posted
42 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I’m trying not to get my hopes up, but if Punk debuts at All Out I’m going to be ecstatic. I’d love for Page to win the title, have just enough time for a proper, emotional celebration, then Cult of Personality hits and the Punk has a face-off with the hard drinking new AEW champion.

What a way to overshadow your massively over babyface whose just overcome all his anxieties and doubts about himself.

If Punk has signed there’s no reason he can’t debut earlier in the show. Hangman winning the belt has to be the moment to close whatever show it happens on

Posted

What a joyous watch this weeks episode was. 
Re Punk and Bryan; what would you do with both of them? I’d stick with having Page winning the belt off Kenny and maybe position Punk as Pages first challenger. I can see Punk either pissing people off or getting pissed off and being done within twelve months. Bryan will be excellent I think. He doesn’t seem like he can fall out with anyone and can have great matches with anyone.

Posted

Cody rushing the feud with Black, I’d guess he’s wanting one of the two at all out 

Posted
1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

What a way to overshadow your massively over babyface whose just overcome all his anxieties and doubts about himself.

If Punk has signed there’s no reason he can’t debut earlier in the show. Hangman winning the belt has to be the moment to close whatever show it happens on

I disagree. Whether Punk debuts earlier in the show, or at the end of the show, he’s still going to be in a position to overshadow Page. However, if he confronts Page, that’s something of an endorsement for Hangman. Rather than having people say ‘did you hear that CM Punk appeared on AEW’s PPV last night’, you increase the chances of them saying ‘did you hear that CM Punk showed up on AEW’s PPV last night and confronted their champion/Hangman Page?’

You’d be thrusting Hangman right into a storyline against one of the biggest names in wrestling - and creating one hell of a cliffhanger for Dynamite. I would argue that it would do nothing but good things for him.

You can still give Page an emotional celebration post match, with his pals in the Dark Order, he could even cut a promo thanking the fans before any confrontation.

Having said all of that, I don’t think it’s likely that AEW will take that route, and I imagine that whatever they do, it’ll turn out OK. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Like in football when you've got too many talented players for positions, this is a "good problem to have".

If they are indeed both coming in, then any combination of Page as champ vs Punk or Bryan, Omega as champ vs Punk or Bryan, is equally exciting to me. And with Moxley, MJF, PAC, Miro, Jericho, Cody and Wheeler Yuta as potential main event feuds in the pipeline, it's a good time at the moment, pregnant with potential. 

Posted

I really hope AEW aggressively pursues top female talent from here on. They have, arguably, the hottest female act in wrestling in Britt Baker, but the number of exciting opponents for her on their current roster is slightly limited. They definitely have a talented female roster, don’t get me wrong, but it could do with one or two big signings. If Britt doesn’t headline a PPV during this title run I’d be very disappointed.

  • Paid Members
Posted

They don’t need to sign more women as much as they need to just feature them more. Where the fuck is Riho? Or Tay Conti? When we’re they last on Dynamite? It feels like months!

Posted (edited)

Who's out there to really pursue right now? I ask as someone a tad too ignorant of the US womens scene outside of whoever is already in WWE or AEW. Rosa and Deeb have to be two main opponents, Shida's redemption story further down the line too. Statlander is unbeaten this year and do you give Tay Conti who's improved so so much a storyline with Britt?

I didn't think of Riho.. I'd rather push Yuka than her right now. Is Yuka even signed tho, she's actually on the roster page.

Edited by Merzbow
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Supremo said:

They don’t need to sign more women as much as they need to just feature them more. Where the fuck is Riho? Or Tay Conti? When we’re they last on Dynamite? It feels like months!

Riho was last on Dark on July 7th and Conti has been working Dark & Dark: Elevation since April.

Speaking of Dark: Elevation, this coming Monday has Wardlow against one of the lads from Bear Country which could be well worth a watch.

Edited by WyattSheepMask
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Supremo said:

They don’t need to sign more women as much as they need to just feature them more. Where the fuck is Riho? Or Tay Conti? When we’re they last on Dynamite? It feels like months!

That’s also an issue - but I think it would be massively helpful to the division to bring in some performers of high repute as and when they become available.

20 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Who's out there to really pursue right now?

You’re absolutely right - I mean that they should aggressively pursue WWE performers whose contracts are expiring - I don’t think it’s at all unrealistic that they could land someone like Sasha Banks, Charlotte Flair or even Becky Lynch in the future, and it would give the division a massive shot in the arm. 

In the short term though yeah, they need to feature their existing wrestlers more.

Edited by RedRooster
Posted
5 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

You’re absolutely right - I mean that they should aggressively pursue WWE performers whose contracts are expiring - I don’t think it’s at all unrealistic that they could land someone like Sasha Banks, Charlotte Flair or even Becky Lynch in the future, and it would give the division a massive shot in the arm.

Interesting. I've actually never thought any of those names would have any interest in jumping ship. Not at the moment anyway. In terms of the men I get it. But why would any of those women want to? I'm not sure I see the AEW women's division as that appealing right now. Maybe Charlotte if she gets bored and wants to move over with the boyfriend. But unless they royally fuck up Becky's return or Sasha loses her smile again, I just don't see it. They've got a lot of work to do to make the division as appealing as they have done with the guys.

  • Awards Moderator
Posted
45 minutes ago, Supremo said:

They don’t need to sign more women as much as they need to just feature them more. Where the fuck is Riho? Or Tay Conti? When we’re they last on Dynamite? It feels like months!

Or Shida, for that matter. If she’s been on Dynamite at all since losing the title it can only have been once or twice.

Posted
50 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Who's out there to really pursue right now? I ask as someone a tad too ignorant of the US womens scene outside of whoever is already in WWE or AEW. Rosa and Deeb have to be two main opponents, Shida's redemption story further down the line too. Statlander is unbeaten this year and do you give Tay Conti who's improved so so much a storyline with Britt?

I didn't think of Riho.. I'd rather push Yuka than her right now. Is Yuka even signed tho, she's actually on the roster page.

From what I have read on the usual places like reddit Yuka is only in the US for a month and then it's back to TJPW. 

Pretty sure she's not signed to AEW.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...