The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

3 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Punk & Cabana burying the hatchet in the ring at All Out or on Dynamite could be a heck of a moment. 

And then wallop him with the GTS, Dark Order run him out of the ring, set up Punk versus Hangman and we all tug ourselves in to oblivion.

• Awards Moderator
28 minutes ago, cobra_gordo said:

And then wallop him with the GTS, Dark Order run him out of the ring, set up Punk versus Hangman and we all tug ourselves in to oblivion.

You could start this set-up in the build to Page vs. Omega. Cabana has a moment with Hangman backstage, says he knows how he feels, he used to have a best friend who turned his back on him too...

• Paid Members

Keep Bryan away from the belt. Have him doing the open invitational /I'm the best challenge (which sadly won't be him calling himself the best in the world if grumpy Punk is on his way in) great excuse to cycle through dream matches, give some random the rub and chuck him a few non contracted Japanese / Mexican wrestlers to tick off his list

2 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Why would you want to burn through a load of dream matches in short space of time?

Might come down to how long he wants to keep going really. If he only thinks he's got a few years left in him then could be better off getting through as many as he can, especially if he also wants to go to Japan. Hopefully he'll be around long enough to have some decent long-running feuds though and not just a quick who's who tour.

I wouldn't even say they have to burn through them if they're interacting with other top guys, it's nice to have top guys gently circling each other and not rushing in to things.

AEW have been really good at slow burn stories up to this point, call backs to teased fueds and tensions and not rushing in to stuff for the sake of it. I think they'll handle both guys well.

Edited by cobra_gordo

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Why would you want to burn through a load of dream matches in short space of time?

Never said burn through them and not everyones dream match is the same. Not everyone Bryan wants to wrestle (and I'm assuming him signing away from WWE is because he wants to wrestle certain people or styles as mentioned when they initially tried to resign him) is a potential main event programme, same as Moxley facing Nagata recently. You wouldn't want a month long programme if he decides he wants a 15 minute comedy match with Orange Cassidy. 

Given the roster they have, no one wrestler should be doing 20 mins every week on tv. Save that for dark match main events and stick it on dark or elevation if he’s insisting on it to come in 

• Moderators

Just got home from the local and given AEW a on ITV. Lance Hoyt not being really tall enough to do the Nash ropes thing, an exchange of forearms that Candice Michelle would be embarrassed by, and him just offering his back for Moxley for a minute to get twatted by a stick. Then almost at random a criss crossnwith the two. 

That's in the first 3 minutes. I'm not watching that. It's dogshit. 

Wrestling in general is dogshit, but that was inexcusable 

11 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Might come down to how long he wants to keep going really. If he only thinks he's got a few years left in him then could be better off getting through as many as he can, especially if he also wants to go to Japan.

This would be my concern with both. As much as I’m excited to see them back (and I am) I don’t see either one wanting to stick around for many years. With Danielson in particular, there are so many matches people would like to see him in that I could definitely see a few being “burned through” in order to ensure they get them in.

With Punk, on the other hand, I don’t see him being a particularly regular TV wrestler, so I think his selection of matches will probably be more limited anyway.