The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

29 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

As for returning to Dailys Place I really genuinely can't see the US going back into lockdown. Not in their political environment. Dailys Place is a last resort backup plan for AEW but I really can't see them needing to use it.

Oh I could definitely see restrictions being put in place, particularly in Democrat-run states, that would make running large shows impossible. Florida and Texas don't seem to give a shit though, so they'll probably be fine to continue running shows there if they want to. Whether they actually would or not, if things got bad, is another thing. 

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

By all accounts Nick Gage the man is an absolutely lovely bloke who no one has a bad word about. Plenty of genuinely heart warming stories about him from wrestlers and fans.

As for returning to Dailys Place I really genuinely can't see the US going back into lockdown. Not in their political environment. Dailys Place is a last resort backup plan for AEW but I really can't see them needing to use it.

That’s a stretch isn’t it? He was jailed for robbing a bank

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

more than ten years ago, when he was homeless and an addict. And it's not like it was an armed robbery or anyone got hurt - it was him walking up to the counter and handing over a note saying to give him money. A stupid mistake from someone at rock bottom, and one that he served his time for. 

He takes the deathmatch stuff a little too seriously, but pretty much everyone who's worked with him, and plenty of fans who have met him, have nothing but good words to say about him and his positivity. He's an oddball, but he does seem to be one of the more genuinely well-liked wrestlers out there.

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Why is it a stretch? People can do bad things in their lives but turn things around and become good people.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

more than ten years ago, when he was homeless and an addict. And it's not like it was an armed robbery or anyone got hurt - it was him walking up to the counter and handing over a note saying to give him money. A stupid mistake from someone at rock bottom, and one that he served his time for. 

He takes the deathmatch stuff a little too seriously, but pretty much everyone who's worked with him, and plenty of fans who have met him, have nothing but good words to say about him and his positivity. He's an oddball, but he does seem to be one of the more genuinely well-liked wrestlers out there.

Was about to say pretty much this. Also worth remembering that he turned himself in, too. It's precisely because he's hit rock bottom, owned it and took responsibility for it, and seemed to turn his life around, that people seem to respect him. 

He's clearly not the sharpest knife in the drawer, and he's clearly fucked up enormously in his life. But by all accounts, he's a pretty humble guy, very nice to people and those that know him seem to be rooting for him to have some success. And while he's never going to be a credible main-eventer in a major company, him being featured at all is a pretty big thing to happen.

• Paid Members

Nick Gage as an indie stand-out, to the point that he's getting TV bookings, is really an indication of where wrestling is at, too.

I doubt he's getting signed full-time by AEW (though I suppose there's always the possibility he exceeds expectations and they bring him in), but he's there because he's built up enough of a reputation as a top guy in his style to be worth the effort. And I don't think you end up with Nick Gage as a major drawing card on the indies without the last few years of WWE signing up every independent stand-out they can get their hands on and, to an extent, AEW starting up with a lot of former indie guys accounted for as well. Nick Gage was able to become a headline guy because he's the kind of wrestler that WWE are never going to touch, so independent promotions were happy to bring him and to build around him safe in the knowledge that he wasn't going to get signed and leave them in the lurch. 

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Yep both Booker T and MVP did time for armed robbery.

Didn't Booker T like rob wendys around 26 or 27 times or summin crazy like that too? 

to be fair he did his time and turned it around, Booker Ts son is in jail for summin too aint he?

Since there’s been some CM Punk and Colt Cabana chat in here, and I’m not sure if the QUESTIONS ABOUT THE FORUM UKFF thread is still a thing, would somebody be so kind as to point me in the direction of the thread on here discussing the podcast episode they did  if possible please? I’ve tried the search function and Google but no luck unfortunately. Would be an interesting thread to read back with everything currently going on in mind.

I initially thought it was discussed in this thread but it jumps from before the podcast to 2016.

• Paid Members

35EDD8CD-2D99-470A-845F-EFCA02790275.thumb.jpeg.f433cd5709f0c4bddfc810c1d7a6fa63.jpeg

Legitimately feels like a pay per view. The main event alone would be worth a tenner, never mind FTR vs. Santana & Ortiz, the crazy intrigue of Jericho vs. Gage and the promise of a full crowd singing Jungle Boy’s theme.

• Paid Members

Yeah that's a pretty incredible card. My guesses for the major event announcement is probably some kind of super show in LA similar to the NY show coming up, a Trios tournament or a New Japan crossover. I mean personally I'd prefer it to be a UK show but I don't think we'll be seeing one of those until middle of next year at the earliest.