The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

1 hour ago, gmoney said:

Might be something as simple as scheduling, but it did seem pretty funny to see him covered in blood, ostensibly gone through hell to be told "now you're going to have to face JUVENTUD GUERRERA"

Given that the stipulation was that Jericho had to hit a move from the top rope to win, I was expecting the opponent to be Paul Wight, so I was caught a little off-guard by that one. It's been a lot of fun so far though, and they've done a brilliant job in keeping me invested at the prospect of another Jericho/MJF match. 

1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

I think she's a heel and always has been. The only person she isn't a dick to is Skiavone. Saw someone on here recently suggest a face turn but I'm not seeing it.

I think they'll have to keep her leaning toward the heel side of things if Thunder Rosa is her match at All Out, but in the long term I think her destination has to be babyface, when you look at the list of people likely to win the title next. Beating Britt Baker is potentially a big launch pad for someone, and I suspect that person may end up being Jade Cargill. We'll see, though. 

I said something similar last week, but I can't remember the last time I was so excited about wrestling. I got goosebumps twice during this show - Hangman's entrance, and the hint at Punk coming in. I can't wait until the next episode, the worst part of each show for me right now is that moment you realise it's almost finished. I mean, Jim Ross has his moments, but in general that's how I feel. 

1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

The story of the next match could be interesting - Jericho having to win with a top rope move means the psychology of the match will differ from his usual stuff. That's what he said he wanted from the "labours of Jericho", and his babyface run in general, teaching the roster some old-fashioned babyface stuff that doesn't get done any more - to that end, it reminds me of the Nick Bockwinkel/Jerry Lawler angle where Lawler would be fined $1000 for every punch thrown, after Bock accused him of not being a real wrestler because he relied too much on punches.

So the other labours could fall into the same kind of category - having to win under certain conditions, or with certain moves barred. I could see the next one being, for example, a Submission match against Lance Storm, but with the Walls of Jericho banned. Otherwise - MMA fight with Hager, or a boxing match with Ogogo?

Ah ok then. I didn’t realise the next match had that stipulation. Makes more sense now. 

God damn, I loved that show. I say that to myself every single week, but they just keep knocking it out of the park. 

I've watched the entrances to the 10 man tag about 6 times already, just a beautiful piece of business. Hangman using this loss as motivation, rather than a crutch will work perfectly, set up some more obstacles, plough through them, and then go straight for Omega at All Out. 

The CM Punk teases were brilliantly done. By the looks of it, we'll be getting Punk vs Darby at All Out, as there is only 2 weeks between Rampage in Chicago, and All Out.

Wonder where/when Daniel Bryan will be making his debut as well. Maybe they'll have both Bryan and Punk debut on Rampage. Punk to start the show, Bryan to close it? 

Something I found really interesting with Jericho being a fucking nutter last night, was some of the takes from people saying it was a bit sad, he needs to move on or Jericho's ego was obviously trying to make up for the Blood & Guts bump getting slagged.

Just struck me as interesting given Jericho is 50 doing that when you had mid 50's Terry Funk being so trapped in Barbed Wire after wrestling in a bingo hall that he had to be actually cut free.

Dark order to put the future of dark Order vs hangman getting his shot to make up for failing him could be good. Hangman tries to talk them out of it, they go ahead anyway as looking after your friends matters. We think they are done for and they pull off the shock 

I had the absolute pleasure of attending this show (I used to live in Charlotte) and it was totally one of my favorite wrestling nights. I was sat grinning from ear to ear like a fool for most of it. Just superb. The pop for Hangman/DO gave me definite Calgary Stampede vibes. Not sure where they go with this but unlike so many times I have been disappointed in the past, I have faith we’ll get the payoff.

One thing of note for those that don’t review Hangman’s Instagram with as much vigor as I- he and his wife are expecting their first baby. Perhaps he’s looking to take some time off rather than take Kenny’s head off? 

Loved the Pinnacles Krypton Factor Chic tracksuits and Dons scandalous shorts. More please! 

Everything about AEW (even without Punk and Bryan) makes me excited to tune in. It makes me excited to be a wrestling fan.

2 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Or they could reverse roles and have Hangman lift up The Dark Order. 

I love the simple effectiveness of this tweet. Even though I know it's fiction, it's absolutely heartbreaking. When (I hope) Hangman does land his title shot, I think I'll actually shed tears of joy. 

Edited by RedRooster