The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

I can see them going with Juve for 3rd labour and then someone to batter him for the 4th labour. I reckon the 5th will be a gauntlet match against the Pinnacle with it being no DQ for them but Jericho has to do everything by the laws of wrestling, but the Inner Circle take out the Pinnacle backstage and leave MJF looking an idiot on commentary or ringside when none of his team appear after the first couple of matches are over. MJF then sends out some unexpected guys for Jericho to get battered by. Once over, MJF steps in and says its his match with Jericho now, but as he's running his mouth, Daniel Bryan's music hits and he comes out saying he couldn't stand by watching all of this stuff going on any longer and he's come to AEW to put a stop to MJF and the Pinnacle. Effectively he steps into Jericho's shoes as he goes off on tour and gives Pinnacle and IC a continuation but with new connotations. 

Just my idea, but wouldn't be the worst way to bring in Bryan while ending MJF v Jericho. 

Wonder if they will have Omega vs Christian on the first episode of Rampage or something? All Out can't be headlined by that surely 😂

Only thing that disappoints me with Dynamite is the tag division, Varsity Blondes and the Acclaimed are currently ranked 1st and 2nd in the tag rankings, and they have been having a decent fued on Dark and Elevation, but feel like haven't seen either team on Dynamite in months.

I don’t think it’s a big misstep, dark order are losers so teaming with them against two sets of tag champs and the world champ ain’t an upset really 

And if we want Chris B to add to his list, nice call back to how Hangman cost the bucks title shot with the grabbing of their boot 

1 hour ago, The King of Old School said:

Wonder if they will have Omega vs Christian on the first episode of Rampage or something? All Out can't be headlined by that surely 😂

It almost certainly won’t be. I imagine this will be part of the catalyst for Christian turning on Jungle Boy, perhaps an increasingly desperate Christian gets pissed at Jungle Boy not doing something immoral to help him win, or perhaps JB is part of a crew that helps stop The Elite screwing Page over when he actually does land that title shot and Christian views it as disloyal - it would be crazy if they moved away from Omega/Page at this point.

• Paid Members

Last six Dynamite's have all had different main eventers. If next week is Cody and Black, that will extend it.

Jericho v Gage
Archer v Moxley
Allin v Page
Bucks v Penta & Eddie
MJF v Sammy
Omega v Jungle Boy 

It's also mad how several times (Gage, Juvi, Hikuleo, probably more) they've ended Dynamite with an announcement or cliffhanger revolving around someone who has never ever been on the show and is likely a one-shot deal only, yet it doesn't feel out of place whatsoever. Anything can happen up to the very last seconds.

Also, I can forgive all the rubbish in the two hours because 1) the good stuff is so good, and 2) even if something is rubbish it still makes sense, there's still a reason for it, it still adds to the continuity they're building. After I watch it, if I think about it too much, sure some parts felt like they were crap - but at the time watching it first, it mostly just feels unpredictable. And that's much better than boring.

• Paid Members

Looks like Dominos aren't happy about the pizza cutter spot and are considering pulling advertising. I can see why, its not exactly pleasant for a life long internet nerd. To normal folk the spot must seem insane and its the kind of thing that sponsors will cack themselves over if there is a wiff of media attention.

I enjoyed the episode a lot but that was a really weak crowd. They got the greatest hype video and entrance since X7 and yet basically they spent the majority of the show sat on their hands. Good reactions for intros then basically they would go right back to sleep.

It's a shame because with a decent crowd reaction it would have taken a decent show with some greatness to a great show with some decent stuff.

Loved the opener and liked the main event as long as its a one off myself. The Punk tease was genius.

14 hours ago, Sonny Mustang said:

One thing of note for those that don’t review Hangman’s Instagram with as much vigor as I- he and his wife are expecting their first baby. Perhaps he’s looking to take some time off rather than take Kenny’s head off? 

Unlike most people in this thread i actually think that's the end of Hangman/Omega for now, we have all followed Omega v Hangman for 2 years but Omega v Punk or Danielson is MONEY! Punk is being bought in to attract fans who are NOT watching atm, not to appease the current fans who, has this thread proves, are as happy as Larry with the product.

I also think AEW are much more open to their guys taking time off for family reasons, Moxley recently took a month of for a new born for example and I see them allowing Hangman to do the same. Omega can play around with Punk and Bryan for like 6 months then come back round to Omega.

Pretty much agree with everyone on how awesome this week was. I can't lie i thought the main event was problematic and from the news this morning about Dominoes it seems that's the case. I just hope it doesn't kill their momentum (which it has real potential to). It's not my cup of tea and each to their own i accept that  but for a growing company it seemed a silly main event, if some Karen was in the room whilst their son is watching it she wont be allowing him to watch it next week.

If you jump the title to the next wwe guys coming in, that’s 4 champions who have gotten over elsewhere than a homegrown guy . Have to reward the audience at some point before you TNA the belt and no one believes in your own guys 

1 hour ago, theringmaster said:

Pretty much agree with everyone on how awesome this week was. I can't lie i thought the main event was problematic and from the news this morning about Dominoes it seems that's the case. I just hope it doesn't kill their momentum (which it has real potential to). It's not my cup of tea and each to their own i accept that  but for a growing company it seemed a silly main event, if some Karen was in the room whilst their son is watching it she wont be allowing him to watch it next week.

I generally hate the term "Karen", but I don't think you could reasonably brand any parent catching wind of this and stopping their child from watching Dynamite "Karen" behaviour. 

As I've mentioned, I generally enjoyed this episode, but it'll be interesting to see what their rating is next week on the back of such an extreme match. Personally, I think AEW has more to gain than lose from dropping the extreme gore (as evidenced by the Dominos reaction) - it's their storytelling that makes the show so good, not the high levels of violence. It doesn't need to be a PG product, but you can go too far in the other direction too. 

1 hour ago, theringmaster said:

Unlike most people in this thread i actually think that's the end of Hangman/Omega for now, we have all followed Omega v Hangman for 2 years but Omega v Punk or Danielson is MONEY! Punk is being bought in to attract fans who are NOT watching atm, not to appease the current fans who, has this thread proves, are as happy as Larry with the product.

And neither of these matches need the title. You stand to lose more than you'd gain from suddenly dropping Hangman out of the title picture, after teasing it so heavily, and it would really undermine Hangman, and say that he's "less than".

Edited by RedRooster

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, DEF said:

I enjoyed the episode a lot but that was a really weak crowd. They got the greatest hype video and entrance since X7 and yet basically they spent the majority of the show sat on their hands. Good reactions for intros then basically they would go right back to sleep.

I'm not sure how good AEW's production team is at capturing audience noise. I've seen some phone footage captured by fans and the audience sounds really loud but on the show itself didn't sound half as loud. I've noticed this in a few other shows too. Given the numerous production problems that Dynamite has regularly had it wouldn't surprise me if they were just cack-handed at mic-ing the crowd.

As for whether the deathmatch will have a negative effect on ratings people seem to make the same comment after every bloody match AEW do. Last week we had Mox and Archer stabbing each other with forks and ratings were slightly higher this week. Previously we had Baker and Rosa bleeding buckets. Blood & Guts drew a big rating. In reality, while it's not everyone's cup of tea I think crazy, bloody matches are more likely to draw casual fans in rather than put them off. People like seeing crazy shit.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

I watched the show again last night. A first for me, I think, since the days Raw was on Fridays. Loved that tag match the second time. The entrances are great but it was a well built match. The finish is still gutting.

Fell asleep during Archer and Hikuleo. Still think that and the FTR tag match were poor.