The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

If Bryan is this desperate to be the guy who brings other people up and work with the young guys bla bla, he’d be knocking back any title match over the homegrown guys chance.  I’m annoyed I’m so angry at wrestling haha 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Louch said:

If Bryan is this desperate to be the guy who brings other people up and work with the young guys bla bla, he’d be knocking back any title match over the homegrown guys chance.  I’m annoyed I’m so angry at wrestling haha 

I doubt this is for Bryan. I'm starting to think that perhaps one of CM Punk's demands for coming in was to headline a PPV in Chicago against Kenny Omega. I wouldn't be surprised at all if this was the case and would certainly explain any sudden change to long term storylines. But then the idea of CM Punk losing his first big match is a weird one, and him winning the title this quickly would be fucking shite as well.

I'm praying this Meltzer stuff is bollocks and they are going with Hangman. I'd much rather they ran with CM Punk vs Darby Allin. I'd actually love to see that match.

Just been looking at the dates of the shows they have lined up and if its true maybe there's a chance they somehow do Omega/Hangman on that Rampage show at The United Centre on the 20th have Hangman win then Punk comes out maybe?

Still have a feeling Meltzer is just getting worked or playing along tbh 

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Well, we've been wanting a new WCW...

No, not like THAT!

• Paid Members

Omega told Meltzer recently that he was feeling significantly better following stem cell treatment, so that combined with Hangman about to become a dad might just mean Kenny holding onto the title a little longer than planned. Doesn't mean anyone has to take it off him before Hangman.

It would be great for it to happen at All Out though. That said, there would be something incredibly funny about Daniel Bryan of all people winning a battle royal to challenge and being booed because he's not the person people want to challenge at the big show.

I’m so, so upset about Hangman losing. If they want me to be this upset so that his redemption at All Out is all the sweeter, then excellent… what a story of highs and lows it would be. 

I’m just really worried that in a few weeks, they’ll want me to want Punk to beat Omega now. Fuck that. Page or bust. 

Edited by Bret Hart's Buddy

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Omega told Meltzer recently that he was feeling significantly better following stem cell treatment, so that combined with Hangman about to become a dad might just mean Kenny holding onto the title a little longer than planned. Doesn't mean anyone has to take it off him before Hangman.

I know Omega seems to be working everywhere at the moment but his schedule isn't really that bad, and certainly not a full time schedule that most WWE wrestlers used to fulfill.

I know he has office duties but in regards to in-ring he's working one show a week for AEW, not even wrestling on every episode of Dynamite, and whatever PPVs they have. Add to that one monthly special or PPV for Impact and maybe a six man tag for the weekly show on top of a couple of promos, which are all done in 2-3 day blocks anyway.

I've not seen him advertised elsewhere other than a few AAA shows a year, so I've always thought this 'Kenny Omega is banged up' stuff was a little exaggerated.

Edited by garynysmon

Called it a few pages back.

As soon as Hangman lost it seemed obvious that plans had changed.

Really, really poor move if Hangman doesn't get the belt at All Out.

So at a guess, we get Punk/Darby on Rampage and Punk/Omega at the PPV?

There's no way Punk should lose to Omega in his home town, but him being champion in his second match or would be the absolute pits.

5 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

So at a guess, we get Punk/Darby on Rampage and Punk/Omega at the PPV?

Punk/Darby will happen at All Out surely?  I could see that headlining the show.

With a Omega title match lower down the card, maybe against Kingston or Christian

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Dream scenario is that they go ultra-meta with this and play on the Batista/Rock thing. Punk comes out in a suit, playing everything his character used to fight against. They announce he’s the returning legend getting the VIP treatment, with a guaranteed immediate title shot in his contract. Punk runs down the roster and the fans. Then Hangman comes out and knocks his head off.

I just can’t allow myself to believe All Out is ending with anything other than Hangman with the belt on Dark Order’s shoulders. Even if Khan and the EVPs were tone deaf enough to change plans, surely the online reaction will make them second-guess themselves? They’ve been great at chopping and changing based on the fan reaction to stuff. If this isn’t some grand plan or a classic Meltzer misunderstanding they must be panicking right now.

Edited by Supremo