The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

2 hours ago, Supremo said:

Isn’t Serena dating Marty Scurll? At least she can keep him company at home. Not like he’s got much on.

12,000 tickets already gone in the pre-sale for that Rampage show in Chicago. All based on one promo by Darby Allin. That lad’s a draw!

Also - Dave Meltzer saying he hated Gage vs. Jericho before giving it four stars is him at his most Dave Meltzer. I love it.

Didn't he do the same for the Mox/Omega match, not the exploding death match but the one with the barbed wire spider web bump.

Think it was those 2 in it anyway

• Paid Members

The problem with taking the title shot away from Page is that if you have him getting close and failing too many times you risk souring it with the crowd. There was a spell after the Dudleys went to TNA and were chasing the tag titles. They spent the best part of a year not managing to win it, and by the time they did the crowd had totally cooled on them. I'm not saying this will happen with Page, but there are only so many times you can have him fall at the final hurdle or even the second to last hurdle before you lose the crowd. I guess it's a case of stay tuned and see how the story progresses. 

Will Tanahashi be challenging for the IWGP US Title on Dynamite? That could be cool. I'd love if New Japan stuck that belt on Danielson and just kept sending guys over to challenge him on Dynamite every few weeks. 

Who's going to be Britt's new bodyguard? 

Darby calling out Punk was nicely done. 

Nice to see Haku.

There were some boos for Cody, and a nice pop for Malachi Black when he turned up. Will they try and kayfabe it away as saying they booed him because he's a Rhodes in Flair Country and not because people are getting bored of his shtick? 

Miro has been so good recently in those videos. 

Private Party dressing like early 2000s Hardy Boyz was a nice touch. Can't wait for Christian to turn on Jurassic Exofesstby destroying Marko Stunt. 

When do they do Thunder Rosa Vs Britt Baker again for the title? Is she the one to take the title from her?

Gage & Jericho was an interesting spectacle, but I think I'm past deathmatch wrestling now. I don't think the fans quite knew what to make of it either. Juvi will be an interesting challenge for him. I still reckon he's in a submission match against Danielson or something for Labour number 4, then MJF beats him at All Out to send him off in tour. 

An interesting episode. Next week's episode should have a hot "hometown crowd." 

I personally think that Page's opportunity to be made a genuine superstar is over! He doesn't have the most inspiring of gimmicks outside of the "Cowboy Shit" stuff. He drinks alcohol and hangs about with the Dark Order, yet he's white hot with thw crowd at the moment and I suspect delaying putting the belt on him and giving much needed air time to the rumoured new arrivals will cool any momentum that he had going for him. Even if he does get an opportunity later on I don't see it having the same impact. 

• Paid Members

It's the same event they're hyping on Impact, but they're promoting the NEVER title match between Jay White & David Finlay. 

59 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

I find it odd that Miro hasn't wrestled in front of all these hot crowds over the last few weeks, only appearing once on Dark to tell Johnson he's next.

Then they book him for a show back at Daillys where they have been for the past 18 months.

These crowds would have loved Miro.

I’ve felt similarly, but I do like the fact it gives you something to look forward to. I’m intrigued as to how the crowd will respond to him. I think the reaction will be a big one, and while I suspect he’ll be cheered, I’m not 100% about that. He’s as terrifying as he is witty. He feels believably dangerous.

I wonder if Punk heading to AEW (not saying I particular believe he will) would be enough to convince Cody to do a knock off HHH run. 

Punk's talked before about how HHH would be the perfect opponent story wise (just obviously not backstage wise) and Cody's a heel turn away from being in the perfect position to do a HHH tribute act. 

Punk can do his "shoot" comments about Cody trying to appear like the good guy while really politicking in the back to make sure he has the spotlight just like somebody else he used to know. 

Cody can say he's trying to build something special and doesn't need Punk riling people up.

It kinda writes itself. 

36 minutes ago, Vamp said:

(not saying I particular believe he will)

This is wrestling so I can understand why you would say this but I honestly think AEW are too savvy to have allowed that Darby promo if this wasn't a done deal. 

• Paid Members

Meltzer reporting that the plan is to not have Hangman appear at the All Out pay per view at all.

To shoot those angles and then switch direction like this? I genuinely feel like calling the police.