The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

Omega/Christian as the potential All Out main event is grim as fuck. Which is mad in a way because to be fair a couple months ago when Christian first came in that would have sounded like a really good main event for the big show.

But now? After all that’s happened since? Itd feel like such a come down, I can only assume the title match isn’t going to be the main event and as someone mentioned the Bucks against Bryan and Punk will main event maybe, but I really don’t see the fans buying Omega v Christian as the main event for such a big show now.

16 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Meltzer reporting that the plan is to not have Hangman appear at the All Out pay per view at all.

To shoot those angles and then switch direction like this? I genuinely feel like calling the police.

Unless it’s paternity related, I’m starting to think this is being fed to Meltzer purposely, or he’s in on it - I don’t read his shit so I have no idea how likely this is.

I’m surprised they’d leave him out of the title match seeing as the story writes itself, but leaving him off the card entirely? Not buying it.

Yep as Gooner said, as much as we want Hangman to succeed, in character this would be the exact time he could disappear for a couple of months and it would make sense. And there's so much else going on to distract, the time would pass quick and it would be something to look forward to. And it opens up options for the Dark Order's potential reaction/journey too. Whatever happens, I have faith the shows will generally be fun, interesting, and keep you thinking of the possibilities, and that's all you need really, isn't it.

1 hour ago, andrew "the ref" coyne said:

On a side note, and Im curious what people, if AEW realised they were going to access to the likes of Black, Andrede, Miro, Punk, Bryan etc, do you think they would of hired Christian?

Christians a solid hand, but I don't think he's as valuable as other who they now have access too.

I think so. Tony's a big fan of him and I'm sure he sees him as valuable in many ways. His talent can learn a lot from him.

8 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Calm down lads. It's only wrestling. 

Isn't Page's wife due to give birth? It's not beyond the realms of possibility that he might actually want time off. 

You know women are pregnant for 9 months (usually) right? Why do all the build up like they have done knowing it wouldn't happen as Hangman goes off on paternity leave? Something must have changed to mean that if these rumours are true then its been a waste of the build.

With regards Christian- what about if it was announced as him v Omega fot the title but at last minute he says 'I have a friend above me in the rankings who deserves another shot first - Jungle Boy'? 

1 hour ago, Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete said:

You know women are pregnant for 9 months (usually) right? Why do all the build up like they have done knowing it wouldn't happen as Hangman goes off on paternity leave? Something must have changed to mean that if these rumours are true then its been a waste of the build.

With regards Christian- what about if it was announced as him v Omega fot the title but at last minute he says 'I have a friend above me in the rankings who deserves another shot first - Jungle Boy'? 

Maybe the best way is for Christian to rub it in Page and the Dark Orders face that he’s got the shot, as the catalyst for his heel turn. Have one of the Elite cost him, him blame Jungle Boy and sign up with Hardy as he needs better allies and things go from there.

Potentially then gives Page and easy first retention over a heel Christian in the future.

See, I would quite like Omega and the Elite being dickhead heels and could easily watch another 6 months of it.

I just think this was the time to strike with Page though, and if they delay it much longer, especially with the rumoured signings coming in that it will be such an anticlimax and the fans won't care as much.

Like others have said, if Page's baby was due around All Out why shoot all these angles if they know in advance that he wasn't going to be part of  All Out. Strikes me as strange.

Cant be Christian getting a shot on PPV though, hopefully he has his match on the first episode of Rampage or something. Kingston would be a better shout for the PPV I think.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, andrew "the ref" coyne said:

On a side note, and Im curious what people, if AEW realised they were going to access to the likes of Black, Andrede, Miro, Punk, Bryan etc, do you think they would of hired Christian?

Christians a solid hand, but I don't think he's as valuable as other who they now have access too.

Similar to how Bischoff signed Bret Hart because Thunder was about to start, I imagine Tony Khan would have done the same because of Rampage.

I don't think the pregnancy had much to do with it, what changed with Hangman was that CM Punk and Bryan Danielson are about to come in, and I'm guessing there's two things in play - in both cases there are big money matches with Omega so it may be wiser to keep the title on Kenny for now, and also it's a tricky time to annoint Hangman the top guy without making him secondary to those two, which you almost have to in order to promote their introduction with the gravity it should have. If he loses here, goes sad cowboy and goes away for a little while, then Omega beats Punk and Bryan and says nobody can beat him one on one, and then Hangman returns, then the timing is better. Hopefully people love Hangman enough to still be with him.