The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I can't believe that we'll get screwed out of the perfect Hangman ending.

They've invested way too much time in it.

It's so obvious what's got to happen.

This isn't Vince. He isn't there to ignore the fans.

It will happen damnit.

Or else you'll be telling Tony he's not your real dad. 

• Paid Members

Shows how great the last few months have been because not long ago, I was well over the Hangman/Omega thing. The moment had passed, Adam had cooled off and they could have moved on without a problem. Maybe once in a while, I'd have thought about how the pandemic cost us that Hangman moment but it wouldn't have been a huge deal. But the guys and the booking, and the reactions of the crowd, has done such a brilliant job of rekindling the interest in it and then setting it alight. 

Not going to pretend I won't watch anymore or even that I'll hold it against them, I enjoy it far too much for that. But it will definitely kill my interest in paying for the PPV and I'm genuinely disappointed at the thought of it not happening. 

• Paid Members

AEW sold 10,000 tickets for the Rampage/CM Punk show in under one hour. And that's just the presale, rest of the tickets go on sale Monday.

To put it in a wider context AEW has sold approx 40K+ tickets for 4 wrestling events within a few weeks of eachother in Chicago alone. And there's still tickets available. This is seriously impressive. 

Edited by LaGoosh

Based on how smart they are. Punk is a dick but he isn't stupid. He's even been complimentary to many of em. Just can't see either going, yeh that 2 year program you're working on, scrap it and put the strap on me brother.

Guess we'll have to wait and see but for all the shit Tony Khan gets I'll be shocked if this doesn't end logically like they always planned.

• Paid Members
Just now, boyfriend said:

Based on how smart they are. Punk is a dick but he isn't stupid. He's even been complimentary to many of em. Just can't see either going, yeh that 2 year program you're working on, scrap it and put the strap on me brother.

You're assuming a lot. For starters, that's it's either Punk or Bryan demanding it rather than a decision by management, or even Page himself. 

I know wrestling fans are an entitled bunch, but I though most on here were a bit more level headed. 

I guess we're all speculating/assuming based on what we believe or choose not to. Either way the end result will definitely be interesting so I can't wait.

Of the options above I could see Page himself calling it but not the others but let's sit back and enjoy the ride.

4 hours ago, Louch said:

The Chicago show on the 20th seems to be selling very well off the back of the line in Darbys promo 

Tickets go on sale on Monday, as per the AEW Instagram. Have I missed something here?

Edit, missed the presale post. Sorry.

Edited by iPumaPants

Finally got round to watching this weeks show having stayed spoiler free

* Fuck me that entrance for Hangman and The Dark Order was fucking electrifying. The only thing they could’ve done to put it over the top would’ve been to get Sam Elliott in to record the voiceover. Great way of continuing the Hangman/Omega story in such a big match and not have them cross paths until right towards the end.
Hope to god they haven’t changed plans for Hangman. Just listen to his reactions, he has to be the guy. 
They’ve still got 5 more weeks of Dynamite and 4 episodes of Rampage to build towards All Out, so I’m waiting to see how it plays out

* FTR V S&O was good, but I don’t think it was as good as it could’ve been, which obviously wasn’t helped by having to improvise a finish after Wheeler busted his arm.

* Took a second to click why they were calling the episode of Rampage ‘The First Dance’ if it’s the second week of the show. Great promo from Darby and I guess that pretty much confirms that Punk is coming in.

* It’s not really “opening the forbidden door” if Archer goes to New Japan to defend New Japan’s belt against Tanahashi. Also, fuck off with all the talk of forbidden tours, it’s sounds fucking stupid.
The match with Hikuleo was about what was expected considering that he’s still green as grass

* How did Cody get blindsided? Black could only have been in front of him, how did he not see him coming? Also very disappointed that we’ve around 12 months worth of Jerry Lynn breaking up scraps and it hasn’t let to one last match for him

* Jericho’s Alice Cooper makeup is by far and away his worst look. Seen some absolute mutants online saying that Nick Gage is a sellout for appearing on national telly. Yeah, god forbid Gage take the biggest payday he’s ever likely to receive in his life. 
Again, as good a match as 50 year old Jericho vs a Deathmatch guy could be, but part of me feels as though this should been the last labour before Jericho gets MJF. Don’t get me wrong, I’m looking forward to seeing Juvi for the first time in forever, but Jericho going Lucha after trying his hand at ultraviolence seems a bit of a comedown

Edited by WyattSheepMask

It’s feels likely Jericho is taking a break after all out, this has been his longest run without a break in the last decade or so, heading out as some new headliners appear avoids a demotion. Let’s him freshen up, maybe do a week of impact takings and a Japan date or two in amongst the Fozzy Tour 

Omega has only held the belt since December, he looks in great shape, and he's firing on all cylinders. If the rumours of his injuries healing quite quickly are true, then it's not that crazy that they'd hold off of taking the belt off him.

In terms of Hangman, maybe he gets part of his redemption after beating The Redeemer himself, Miro, taking the TNT title back to the Dark Order. Before he finally moves on to Omega. 

Fantasy booking hat on, Omega challenging for the IWGP title at Wrestlekingdom in January 2022 vs Ibushi, losing (without hitting the OWA) and then just unravelling, losing all of his titles except the AEW title in the 6-8 weeks between Wrestlekingdom and Revolution 2022. Hangman then kicks out of the OWA at Revolution, Kenny loses his shit, turns around and gets absolutely clobbered with a buckshot lariat.

What an incredible entrance! Would have loved to have been there live to witness and soak up that atmosphere. A truly special moment!

Edit to add:  Love the expression on Colt Cabana's face. He can barely contain his smile at this incredible moment he's a part of. Great stuff.

Edited by King_Of_Bling_Bling

Holy shit that pop for Hangman. Really fun opener, did they retract the stipulation that if Page and the Dark Order lost they wouldn’t get title shots?

Little JR dig at Xavier Woods re the trombone, he seemed a little narky. I think the dives in the opener pissed him off and you can tell he hated the main event.

Great to see Haku; still looks like he could batter an army squadron singlehanded.

That crowd didn’t like Cody did they?

Felt the main was a little much at times but that’s just me.