The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

19 minutes ago, King Coconut said:

On the strength of the reaction in this thread I watched my first ever episode and I can't believe that nobody warned me that the crowd sing along to Jericho's entrance tune. I also can't believe nobody mentioned Haku. 

There's definitely been numerous Haku mentions. But welcome to AEW King Coconut

Edited by mrtrickio

9 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Tomohiro Ishii announced for that New Japan show in the states in late August.

I'm now praying for an Ishii vs. Moxley rematch at All Out.

If he's in the states it'd be well worth getting him in AEW for a match or two. Imagine a TNT Title match against Miro... :D

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Tomohiro Ishii announced for that New Japan show in the states in late August.

I'm now praying for an Ishii vs. Moxley rematch at All Out.

Supposedly, Morley requested a specific NJPW opponent at All Out. I'm assuming it's Tanahashi, but Ishii would be fun. That said, I desperately want it to be Suzuki.

• Paid Members

They were a really solid act as 3.0 in CHIKARA back in the day, I'd have put them up there as one of the best tag teams in North America around 2012 or so, just a great babyface act. I don't recall ever seeing them in NXT the entire time they were there, but they definitely have something to offer AEW, though would probably hit their ceiling as a solid midcard team, I expect.

6 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

They were a really solid act as 3.0 in CHIKARA back in the day, I'd have put them up there as one of the best tag teams in North America around 2012 or so, just a great babyface act. I don't recall ever seeing them in NXT the entire time they were there, but they definitely have something to offer AEW, though would probably hit their ceiling as a solid midcard team, I expect.

Agreed, good solid babyface mid card team to get heat for the heel tag teams, no more, no less.

• Paid Members

Listend to Cody's Dynamite press call earlier ahead of the Black match and he swore blind that he's a 100% babyface now and hasn't got a heel bone in his body any more. I hope he sticks to that properly.

I'm off work due to it being the summer holidays and it's utterly bewildering to me just how much I'm into AEW right now. Most of my time is spent trying to distract me from the fact it isn't time for Dynamite yet. I'm fortunate that I have a back catalogue of 20 episodes of Dark & Elevation to get through but they are a bit of chore after a while without the live crowd yet.

Just now, DEF said:

Listend to Cody's Dynamite press call earlier ahead of the Black match and he swore blind that he's a 100% babyface now and hasn't got a heel bone in his body any more. I hope he sticks to that properly.

If that's the case then he really needs to work a lot harder to get the crowd behind him again.

• Paid Members
Just now, DavidB6937 said:

If that's the case then he really needs to work a lot harder to get the crowd behind him again.

If he really wants to be a proper face he needs to be programmed against someone the crowd don't desperately want to cheer. He's not strong right now as a face. Put him against a real heel and it wouldn't be hard to get the crowd back on his side. Trouble is there aren't many of them and Cody's already been through MJF and Spears. The Elite could do it but they are a bit busy. Might be something for Ethan Page to do maybe?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

I'm speaking as a pretty casual viewer of Dynamite and not much else AEW-wise, but I'm not sure what Cody Rhodes brings to the table in terms of an on-screen role.

Would anyone really miss him if he fucked off television tomorrow? For me he generates the bad "Just get the fuck off my screen" X-Pac heat, and is one of the very few AEW guys I'd prefer not to show up on Impact at all.

Edited by garynysmon

2 hours ago, garynysmon said:

I'm speaking as a pretty casual viewer of Dynamite and not much else AEW-wise, but I'm not sure what Cody Rhodes brings to the table in terms of an on-screen role.

Would anyone really miss him if he fucked off television tomorrow? For me he generates the bad "Just get the fuck off my screen" X-Pac heat, and is one of the very few AEW guys I'd prefer not to show up on Impact at all.

He's absolutely capable of being a solid heel or face. He's definitely delivered some strong stuff previously. He's just incredibly inconsistent. All too often in AEW he doesn't seem to know what he wants to be.

COVID is going to ruin Punk and Danielson’s debuts isn’t it, WWE already making plans to return to the Thunderdome so you’d expect AEW will end up back at Daily’s Place soon with no fans again.

Gutting if they don’t get to debut in front of the rabid AEW crowds, at least it saves Hangman’s big moment for when there will be crowds again if he is out of All Out, would’ve been a massive shame for him to win the belt there if it is moved back to Jacksonville with no fans.