The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

How do they explain away when he does kick out of the one winged angel in their title match, if it does happen, after he's already jobbed to a single one?

I don't really think this is a valid argument at all. If you're a martial artist who lost to a particular hold, or an amateur wrestler who got taken off guard by a particular takedown, and you were booked to fight the same opponent again, surely you'd spend all your time drilling that move, training specifically for it? 

Or in more goofy pro-wrestling terms, if he's going in with renewed confidence and fighting spirit, he's going to kick out because he has more heart. Hell, I want them to rip off big Joshi matches and have him kick out of it on a one count. 

As for Christian, I'm assuming that title match happens before All Out. Maybe we get an Elite/Dark Order match at the PPV, or something hastily set up on Rampage beforehand.

Edited by BomberPat

33 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

He's been a big star, in their narrative anyway, and he just got beat in the most humiliating fashion possible. I think that's enough for him to think "I'm done".

Hopefully he now disappears for a few months while Black builds on his rep before coming back to challenge him. The only danger I see here is that Black is allowed too much freedom to come up with spooky nonsense. He looked an absolute star here. Well done to Cody.

It's the retirement tease that I thought fell flat on its face. Going away to find himself would be absolutely fine, but losing a match and deciding to quit is a bit of an overreaction. Compare that to Hangman, who, although he had lost his confidence and was struggling mentally kept going, before eventually building back his trust and confidence. Comparing the two, it's almost impossible to have any sympathy for Cody. 

I hope Cody does disappear for an extended period, but I suspect he'll be back in time for the PPV. Heck, I expect him to be back next week. 

1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

How do they explain away when he does kick out of the one winged angel in their title match, if it does happen, after he's already jobbed to a single one?

I think that having Hangman be defeated already by the move makes him look even stronger when he eventually kicks out of it to win the belt. Like, he's learned, he's gone away and he's prepared. It's going to be perfect.

28 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

It's the retirement tease that I thought fell flat on its face. Going away to find himself would be absolutely fine, but losing a match and deciding to quit is a bit of an overreaction. Compare that to Hangman, who, although he had lost his confidence and was struggling mentally kept going, before eventually building back his trust and confidence.

I thought up until the boot coming off that it was going to be a case of "Look, I need to go away for a bit, thanks to everyone and to the Bucks/ Omega for everything but I need some me time". And I was onboard for that. The fact that he was getting the "NA NA NA NA HEY HEY HEY GOODBYE" treatment shows how bothered some folk are about him doing a retirement angle.

The Hangman/ Dark Order break up was done so, so much better. Hangman feels justified in parting ways, to me I interpret it that he feels like he's letting them down and is stepping away before he causes them anymore damage, he's looking out for them by not making them look out for him. That segment plus the D.O instinctively running out for the save later on in the show and Uno forcing everyone to the back to let Hangman deal with things on his terms was great. It could have led to the crowd booing them to fuck for not saving him but it's like there's this mutual understanding. I'll say it again, I'm going to miss this angle so much when it's over.

Edited by cobra_gordo

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Do we reckon Adam Cole Bay Bay will be going Elite or returning to the Bullet Club once his short term WWE deal is up?

Neither, sadly. I would bet he'll be leveraging potential AEW interest into a better WWE contract and staying put. At this stage he'd be an afterthought in AEW with the current roster AND Punk and Danielson coming in. Although hopefully he'll also be off NXT because there are zero fresh matches for him there. 

• Paid Members
45 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Or in more goofy pro-wrestling terms, if he's going in with renewed confidence and fighting spirit, he's going to kick out because he has more heart. Hell, I want them to rip off big Joshi matches and have him kick out of it on a one count. 

I’d never even considered that! Incredible idea. 

9 minutes ago, mim731 said:

Neither, sadly. I would bet he'll be leveraging potential AEW interest into a better WWE contract and staying put. At this stage he'd be an afterthought in AEW with the current roster AND Punk and Danielson coming in. Although hopefully he'll also be off NXT because there are zero fresh matches for him there. 

Sadly? 

• Paid Members

Cody/Black was fantastic. He looked the bollocks, and crashing Cody's retirement speech was superb. So many good heels at the minute bubbling under the surface with Black, Miro and MJF. 

Juvi looked shite, but then he often did in WCW in his prime, so 20 odd years later he had little chance. 

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Sadly? 

Yeah, personally I think Cole's style would be much more suited to AEW and there are definitely fresher matches there. But as someone who was headlining NXT would he want to go and be a midcard act in AEW, because the top of the card feels like it's about to get fairly congested for a bit. It's easy to see why he would continue to try his luck in WWE for a bit. 

Echo some comments online, how the fuck does any company let someone like Black go? 

Was Cody trying to act punch drunk? 

Yeah Juvi was awful. 

Trios match was bags of fun especially that one guy marking out for Sting until Darby flattened him.

There was a woman's match. It was meh. 

• Paid Members

Absolutely brilliant show from top to bottom.

- Apart from some initial awkwardness and fuck ups I really enjoyed the Jericho match, MJF was great on commentary and the Judas Effect off the top rope was the perfect ending to a fun stipulation. 

- That 6 man was wonderful fun. Mox/Eddie/Allin/Sting looked like a million dollars being best pals and living their best lives. Everything felt so genuine. Get some Trios titles and put them on these men IMMEDIATELY. 

- Miro has absolutely mastered the art of the competitive squash match. He'll just storm through his opponents offence unfazed but it gradually wears him down just a bit before he powers back up and murders them. The man.

- The Elite are bigger dickheads week by week and I love it. You just desperately want these guys to get their heads kicked in. The Hangman vs the Elite is the best story in probably a decade. When Hangman gets that big win you'll hear the pop from the fucking moon.

- WWE, with their thousands of writers and producers and millions of dollars in production power and 5000 hours of weekly tv time, couldn't get Black over. AEW made him a bigger star than they ever did in about 10 minutes last night. It's just so simple. Have the evil cool looking demon ninja guy just kick the fuck out of people and murder them. It's blindingly obvious. Black is a made man now and I can't wait to see him in matches with Page, Allin, Moxley, Archer, Kingston, Jungle Boy, you name them.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, mim731 said:

Yeah, personally I think Cole's style would be much more suited to AEW and there are definitely fresher matches there. But as someone who was headlining NXT would he want to go and be a midcard act in AEW, because the top of the card feels like it's about to get fairly congested for a bit. It's easy to see why he would continue to try his luck in WWE for a bit. 

Cole's style is suited nowhere because he's absolute shite. There's not a single match in AEW he could have that sounds remotely interesting.