The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

Loved that main event. Great crowd split between the two. I mean, it's still Daily's Place, but it was a great response. Putting over the new guy that huge is something we've forgotten. Wasn't sure about the post match but Black coming back out to make it clear he's calling the shots was great.

Fuck, that opener was rough. Let's not let nostalgia run wild when the guy can't go. From about 10 seconds in, I just wanted this to be over.

Heartbreaking developments on the Hangman front. I genuinely despise The Elite. Can't remember the last time I felt that emotion in wrestling.

Enjoyed Christian's promo. Him and Kenny at All Out isn't close to what I wanted to see but the promo delivered a reminder of how good he can be and I'm intrigued now if nothing else.

Forgot to add how much fun the Trios match was. Should have been the opener. Mox and Eddie putting over Sting while he tried not to get in the way of the real new stars was incredible. Darby Allin's tope is the best move in wrestling. Looks absolutely brilliant. It's like the first time you see Bret Hart go sternum first into the turnbuckles. 

Edited by tiger_rick

Just now, The King of Old School said:

Is Omega/Christian confirmed for All Out?

If so that's WWE levels of tone deaf booking.

On the surface it feels like it but I can't help but think there's a reason why they can't do Omega/Page at All Out. Not sure if we'll ever find out but it'd be interesting to know.

Other than the opener I thought that was a cracking episode. 

You could tell straight away that Juvi was struggling with balance and the whole thing looked clunky as fuck. I did like the top rope Judas Effect though. Wardlow and MJF as the enforcer should be good fun and at least we now know to stop fantasy booking as MJF is confirmed as the 5th labour.

The Hangman/ Dark Order stuff continues to be fantastic. Actual human emotions and rationalle. And the Elite are just horrendous pricks. Hangman needs to win the belt off Omega, he HAS to after all this but I'm genuinely sad at the thought of this feud having to end at some point.

That MMA Top Team guy is back next week which I'm excited for, he was a surprisingly cracking promo last time he was on.

Miro is just the tits isn't he. The music, the intensity. I'd be stunned if he's not the world champion in the next 18 months. And I cant wait for Kip to come back and have their little chat.

Fucking hell, talk about putting over the newcomer in that main. Loved the Malakai Black entrance and look and I was half expecting Cody to go full Shawn Michaels decent from heaven for his. Thought the camera angle for the table spot let it down a bit as you could really see Cody's jump but other than that I loved that match and that finish looked vicious. Wasn't keen on the speech at the end but at least the show ended showing Black.

32 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Is Omega/Christian confirmed for All Out?

If so that's WWE levels of tone deaf booking.

No. This might be wishful thinking, but the fact they didn't explicitly confirm it tonight makes me think it won't be happening. Confirming Omega/Christian in a backstage angle in front of the relatively friendly crowd in Jacksonville seems like a relatively safe way of progressing with that match, whereas doing it next week in front of a larger, potentially more rowdy crowd is a huge risk. I fully expect that any announcement or confrontation between the two will be negatively received, particularly given the general deflation surrounding Page losing his shot. You'd have to think they'll be aware of that. 

48 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Loved that main event. Great crowd split between the two. I mean, it's still Daily's Place, but it was a great response. Putting over the new guy that huge is something we've forgotten. Wasn't sure about the post match but Black coming back out to make it clear he's calling the shots was great.

I enjoyed the match, but I wasn't a fan of the post match angle. Cody hinting at retirement just because he lost one match made him look ridiculous. If he decided that he was going to go away for a bit to "find himself" that would have worked far better, and I would absolutely have bought that he might do that given the way the wind is sailing in terms of crowd reaction. As it stands, I suspect he's just bought himself more boos. I'm worried they'll do what they did with Brodie Lee and have Cody win the next match. Please don't AEW. 

52 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Heartbreaking developments on the Hangman front. I genuinely despise The Elite. Can't remember the last time I felt that emotion in wrestling.

Me too. When he broke up with The Dark Order I was absolutely devastated. Their friendship was the best thing going in AEW, and I hope, even if this is a permanent separation, TDO gets to celebrate with Page after he wins the title. I need that moment. 

On another note, has there been any news at all on Rampage airing in the UK? I'm worried we're going to miss out. 

• Paid Members

Maybe Cody's like Kurt Angle when he started,a heel who thinks he's a babyface and is completely oblivious to the fact. Mind you that small selection of fans at Dailly's Place lapping up whatever he does just because he's Cody probably doesn't help his case.

My mate reckons they've put the brakes on the Hangman/Omega thing so as not to take the shine off Punk's debut, which would be a stupid thing to do as they can easily top and tail the PPV with Punk opening against somebody, Darby Allin if that promo on last week's Dynamite was anything to go by, and Page Vs Omega in the main event. If they are willing to shoot down arguably their hottest angle for one guy it could leave a sour taste in some people's mouths.They way they beat him in that match was stupid as well. Why not stay down after the belt shot? How do they explain away when he does kick out of the one winged angel in their title match, if it does happen, after he's already jobbed to a single one? I hope they can salvage this, because if they draw it out with bait and switches and hotshotting stuff they risk losing the fans.

Do we reckon Adam Cole Bay Bay will be going Elite or returning to the Bullet Club once his short term WWE deal is up?

11 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

How do they explain away when he does kick out of the one winged angel in their title match, if it does happen, after he's already jobbed to a single one?

I don't think anyone will give that a second thought. If anything, the fact he's lost to the move before adds to the storyline, and creates added worry that it might happen again. But if you really wanted to break it down, he lost after effectively finding himself in a handicap match. 

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I enjoyed the match, but I wasn't a fan of the post match angle. Cody hinting at retirement just because he lost one match made him look ridiculous.

He's been a big star, in their narrative anyway, and he just got beat in the most humiliating fashion possible. I think that's enough for him to think "I'm done".

Hopefully he now disappears for a few months while Black builds on his rep before coming back to challenge him. The only danger I see here is that Black is allowed too much freedom to come up with spooky nonsense. He looked an absolute star here. Well done to Cody.

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, Winston said:

Malakai Black looked the full package there, incredible look and worker.

Absolutely brilliant. He looked like an absolute monster and, as much as I hate him as a wrestler, Cody did a job and a half.

Really looking forward to seeing where Malakai Black goes next. Dead easy booking. I love AEW.