Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

That Miro video was great. I winder how many member of the Elite Page is going to have to go through. Will Kenny take a powder and get counted out in the hopes that the Bucks or the Good Brothers can get the job done?

Why did they have to sacrifice Wheeler Yuta to Sammy Guevara, and not just some local enhancement talent? 

Nice Fatal Fury reference with Yuka Sakazaki. From Southtown. 

Did Ethan Page injure himself giving Darby the edge from the top onto the steps? 

Posted (edited)

They better stop with that ripping on JR, they may turn face again.

Nemeth's weird as fuck Inland Empire like shit is actually great.

Edited by Merzbow
Posted

Nemeth and The Wing Men are just the perfect midcard act.

Also Nemeth's music is ace.

Lile I've mentioned in the past I like that being champion isn't the be all, end all in AEW. Plenty of people on the roster that are just fun to watch without a title in sight. 

Posted

There’s very little done that doesn’t matter in some shape or form, and not too much done so that nothing matters at all. If they can keep that balance it’s golden 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Thoughts? Imagine Punk AND Bryan joining AEW. After the initial pop and moment, would it be one too many and possibly affect the good build they do for their homegrown lads? 

https://cultaholic.com/posts/report-cm-punk-in-talks-with-aew-about-in-ring-return 

I think getting either one, if not both of these is a huge statement of intent. I could imagine WWE offering Punk a large offer and whether he would consider it, is a different matter. He's always said he would go wherever pays the most, but would be interesting to see exactly how much gets him back in the ring.

Edited by Nick James
Posted (edited)

Get them in if possible.

Its not as if its Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins coming in, these two are genuine stars, and with another show on the way and tickets to sell it would make sense if they can.

Plus I have every faith in AEW that they will keep building up the "homegrown" talents just fine, and these pair would compliment them brilliantly.

Edited by The King of Old School
Posted (edited)

Imagine the magic Jungle Boy and Bryan could make down the line, not a match I'd rush but one I'd really build hard towards.

I hope they break the record of ex-WWE guys having underwhelming if not down right shit debuts tho, admittedly the likes of Miro, Hardy and Christian have settled in really well with a little time but they didn't start too great. I'm not sure how you ruin debuts just that big tho, especially Punk.

Edited by Merzbow
Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Thoughts? Imagine Punk AND Bryan joining AEW. After the initial pop and moment, would it be one too many and possibly affect the good build they do for their homegrown lads? 

https://cultaholic.com/posts/report-cm-punk-in-talks-with-aew-about-in-ring-return 

I think getting either one, if not both of these is a huge statement of intent. I could imagine WWE offering Punk a large offer and whether he would consider it, is a different matter. He's always said he would go wherever pays the most, but would be interesting to see exactly how much gets him back in the ring.

How very Punk Rock of him.

In all seriousness though, I’d be far more interested in Bryan being brought in than Punk. Bryan getting the chance to work with Omega, a motivated Moxley, Christ even a program with Cody would be of interest. And that’s before you even consider the guys who make up the rest of the card.

Punk on the other hand, I’ve no interest in watching the guy and haven’t since he left. 
Don’t get me wrong, he was good, just not as good as he thought he was. People often compared him to Bret Hart in how they seemed to take themselves so seriously. The difference is that Bret was as good as he thought was.

Edited by WyattSheepMask
  • Paid Members
Posted

They seem to have a pretty decent atmosphere and good morale backstage by all accounts, not sure introducing CM Punk to that is a good idea. The man is a walking black cloud. 

  • Members
Posted

I'm basing this off of absolutely nothing, and I'm sure he has a fantastic fitness regime, but him coming back would be like watching him at 0.5x speed. 

He'll be slow as shit, and it'll be massively exposed against the talent.

That being said, I would absolutely love to see it happen though.

  • Paid Members
Posted

If they get Punk, I wonder if they'd be able to get Cult of Personality?

Presumably any licencing WWE had for it has been allowed the lapse after 7 years of no use, and the fact they had it before wouldn't prevent another wrestling company from picking it up?

  • Paid Members
Posted
6 minutes ago, Statto said:

If they get Punk, I wonder if they'd be able to get Cult of Personality?

Presumably any licencing WWE had for it has been allowed the lapse after 7 years of no use, and the fact they had it before wouldn't prevent another wrestling company from picking it up?

I would think anyone can licence it as long as they pony up the cash. 

If Bryan signs, I’ll probably end up paying to stream the shows next day (if that’s still a thing). 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Wouldn’t there be a massive Colt Cabana-sized elephant in the room if Punk signed with AEW?

And if I had to pick between CM Punk or the Dark Order? It’s the Dark Order every single time.

Daniel Bryan is a no-brainier though. I’d give him double whatever he asked for.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...