The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

I really enjoyed the segment with The Elite and the Dark Order, but did we clarify what exactly the stipulation for the eliminator match is? If Dark Order/Hangman win they get title shots, but if they lose they don't? Or they don't ever? Or Hangman has to leave?

I'm probably being really dense, but I wasn't 100% sure what the stakes are coming out of that segment. The chemistry between Hangman and Omega is electric though, so it doesn't matter especially, just for my own enjoyment I wanted to be sure what's on the line. 

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, mim731 said:

I really enjoyed the segment with The Elite and the Dark Order, but did we clarify what exactly the stipulation for the eliminator match is? If Dark Order/Hangman win they get title shots, but if they lose they don't? Or they don't ever? Or Hangman has to leave?

I'm probably being really dense, but I wasn't 100% sure what the stakes are coming out of that segment. The chemistry between Hangman and Omega is electric though, so it doesn't matter especially, just for my own enjoyment I wanted to be sure what's on the line. 

Ten man elimination match, if Page/DO wins they get title shots if they don't, none get sbots and Page is "done" apparently. Whatever that means. 

I'll write more later but I don't even think Hangman will even BE in the match. He said The Dark Order doesn't back down and Hangman, well, he ain't no Dark Order member if I recall. He can't do the group thing. Don Callis especially will exploit the wording of it. Hangman will probably be worked letting the Dark Order fight their match too, because he'd be a hypocrite if he didn't believe in them... If, IF they do it that way, I reckon John Silver is in for a hell of a fun night. 

Or they just do the Ten Man and Page is in it. Either way, a lovely time will be had by all. 

Edited by Chili

DO have got the talent to carry a big ten man match. Stu & Uno, 10, and Silver & Reynolds, and that still leaves Colt, Angels, Anna & Tay (kinda sorta) and maybe Negative One to get involved in things.

This thread is part and parcel of my pre-watch hype. Wife even refers to "AEW night", when I'll be parked in front of the TV over dinner.

• Paid Members

I'd expect more that Omega won't be in the match, and it'll be Hangman/Uno/Stu/10/Colt Vs Bucks/Good Brothers/Brandon or Nakazawa. 

Though I would rather John Silver is in there I think he's still a few weeks away from being cleared. 

1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

The WWE digs in here are as bad as the stuff AEW throws out. Pretty tiresome. People can enjoy different stuff without being called idiots or whatever else.

I'm assuming this is in response to me saying this?:

"The fans are invested and want to show their support and there's something very genuine to it unlike the Thunderdome nobheads WWE has."

Being a nobhead has nothing to do with what you enjoy, just if you're a nobhead or not, which some of those fuckmooks on the Thunderdome are. And it's not even the ones being deliberately offensive, some are just as bad as Brock Lesnar Cunt, Clown Cunt and Is Always Front Row At The PPV With Long Hair Cunt, just morons desperate to get themselves on telly for 2 minutes. They're a distraction from the product, whereas the AEW crowd add to it as they actually seem to give a shit about what's happening infront of them, not if they're constantly on camera.

See the source image

See the source image

Great set of lads.

Edited by cobra_gordo

• Paid Members

You mean fans like the Everton shirt lad?

EDIT: I can't believe we are now at the point of an 'AEW fans are better than WWE fans' debate. Considering most of the fans listed above attend AEW tapings as well, including Brock Lesnar cunt. 

It's not the fans that are 'better', it's that AEW have a product that is engaging, resulting in fans reacting as the company want them to.

Edited by Nick James

• Paid Members

I expect both Page and Omega to be in the match and for them to somehow still not touch. I like the idea of Omega being so focussed on getting away from Hangman that someone else like Silver gets the sneaky pin.

Considering the talent, story and stakes going into it though, I suspect we’re looking at a match of the year candidate. Hangman ending up down 4-on-1 and overcoming all the odds? Knocking Matt Jackson’s head off for the finish? Magic.

• Paid Members
Just now, Supremo said:

I expect both Page and Omega to be in the match and for them to somehow still not touch. I like the idea of Omega being so focussed on getting away from Hangman that someone else like Silver gets the sneaky pin.

I was thinking originally that they wouldn't interact but the more I see it in my mind, the more convinced I am that it should come down to Page and Kenny and Hangman should pin him clean as a whistle. WWE overdo the champions losing to the point it means nothing but I think there's enough goodwill here and enough interest in these characters that Hangman pinning Kenny just gives him the belief he needs, wins the tag title opportunity for his mates and gives Kenny no way out of facing him at All Out. I just think anything else is skirting around the issue. I'd do it.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Considering the talent, story and stakes going into it though, I suspect we’re looking at a match of the year candidate. Hangman ending up down 4-on-1 and overcoming all the odds? Knocking Matt Jackson’s head off for the finish? Magic.

I'd like to see some element of Silver 'sacrificing' himself for Hangman in some way, maybe jumping Infront of a double Superkick. 

• Paid Members

Kenny to get DQ'd for using the belt on Hangman, leaving him out but at a numbers disadvantage (or maybe him and Silver Vs the Bucks) only to come back and win by absolutely leathering the heads off everyone?

Edited by Shy Dad