The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I had chills when Page was stood by the ropes about to hit the Buckshot Lariat.

That was so good. Moment of the year stuff. Seeing a crowd, who were fairly quiet throughout tbh, just rise and lose their shit in anticipation of the move shows how brilliant this is. It was nearly Rock/Austin at the Rumble levels.

All Out has to be the destination for this. It's money. I'd have Kenny and Don shit stirring for the next few weeks, offering title shots to DO members to try and cause trouble, have a couple of Dynamite mains with Colt and Little John. Really have them stirring it to no avail leading to a big tag match on Dynamite before the PPV.

• Paid Members

I love the idea that Kenny is probably shitting himself now. He and the Bucks more than anyone know how good Hangman is. And now that he’s got a proper support system with genuine, wholesome friends behind him? The jig is up. They’re fucked. Their days are numbered.

God, I love it so much. Forget your six star classics. This storyline is the true indicator of Kenny Omega being an all-time great. He’s a few weeks away from making AEW their first home-grown megastar.

• Paid Members

I love the feeling that the walls are closing in on The Elite. They've got Page, Kingston, Moxley, Kazarian, Penta and the Dark Order gunning for them and their cheating and shenanigans will only keep them safe for so long.

A member of Dark Order definitely needs to be sacrificed though. Evil Uno is the mouthpiece, I'd have The Elite absolutely murder him one week.

7 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

I love the feeling that the walls are closing in on The Elite. They've got Page, Kingston, Moxley, Kazarian, Penta and the Dark Order gunning for them and their cheating and shenanigans will only keep them safe for so long.

A member of Dark Order definitely needs to be sacrificed though. Evil Uno is the mouthpiece, I'd have The Elite absolutely murder him one week.

I've also been quite surprised as well so far that there's only mainly been the good brothers show up from impact considering there's the "forbidden door" 

Callahan has shown up at dailys place but that was an impact match.

I'm surprised that a Moose or Callahan or anyone else from impact hasn't shown up to try and get revenge on omega and the elite at all as of yet

Just watching Elevation and seeing that the Varsity Blonds have fully signed now. Part of me has got it in my head that we might get a hot potato run with the tag titles, and actually it might be an alright idea. Maybe.

I think the Bucks might drop them to the Blonds. Dunno how, shenanigans. Blonds end up dropping them somewhere to FTR. FTR walk into Brooklyn where Santana has a fork and Ortiz just looks unimpressed. Big nasty street fight, fuck em up lads. Tully takes a spike piledriver. New champions.

*Griff Garrison by a daft coincidence has been signed a year to the day of the 'Who the F**K is Griff Garrison' bit from The Dark Order and MJF on TV.

Edited by Chili

Was Pillman still under contract with MLW to cause this delay? I know they respected MJF’s deal there. Their filtering and picking up of dark talent is giving them a young and hungry undercard, rather see these than the lazy say Primo & Epico we would expect signed if it was TNA 

• Paid Members

Proper WCW vibes from giving these lads the platform they have over the past year if they weren't tied up. Be fools to make a habit of that.

Good that they don't just have everyone on contract though. No need and financially sensible. Get them tied in before you push them though.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Proper WCW vibes from giving these lads the platform they have over the past year if they weren't tied up. Be fools to make a habit of that.

Good that they don't just have everyone on contract though. No need and financially sensible. Get them tied in before you push them though.

That to me was TNA’s Avenue. They would have people show up, advertise matches and then they wouldn’t appear and they would pretend it never happened. Then you had situations like PacMan Jones who did but TNA hadn’t checked he was allowed to wrestle so they had to change their plans. But I believe with acts like Varsity Blondes it was agreed they would sign once their deals expire, and while handshakes aren’t worth shit, you get the impression with AEW it means more then in other promotions.

Or maybe it’s because I’m wearing my AEW tinted glasses and I just hope it’s a well run company and things are better there then up in Connecticut  

Had a look and it does look like Pillmans mlw contract has just expired, so looks like that was the delay in announcing it. Garrison was already on one of their lower level set date/time deals , this is the move up contract 

15 hours ago, Chris B said:

I love Trent.

Trents amazing fair play

I like Pillman Jr, and even think that Julia Hart adds to the look of the team, however there is something about Griff Garrison that i just cannot stand and get behind, im probably completely wrong but i keep feeling like hes attaching himself to Pillman Jr as a way to get himself in AEW. Theres just a vibe about him that i do not like at all.  

4 minutes ago, Vegeta said:

Trents amazing fair play

I like Pillman Jr, and even think that Julia Hart adds to the look of the team, however there is something about Griff Garrison that i just cannot stand and get behind, im probably completely wrong but i keep feeling like hes attaching himself to Pillman Jr as a way to get himself in AEW. Theres just a vibe about him that i do not like at all.  

He was booked as a single during the early pandemic shows and Tony Khan thought him and Pillman would look good together, same as The Acclaimed. Having listened to a couple of Podcasts with them on, Garrison seems the more humble and sensible of the two. He's absolutely crying out for some longboys or something though, he looks awkward as fuck in trunks.

What a strange take on Griff Garrison. Attaching yourself to another bloke who wasn't even signed to push your career. The vibe I reckon you have is that he's not already sort of wrestling famous, and because Pillman Sr was successful, people think Jr can just cosplay that bollocks. Love me a bit of Griff Garrison, our modern day Chucky Palumbo. Seems a really humble bloke. Part of the beautiful big boot club too. 

Pillman is, to compare his dads career is only still in the early stages anyway. He needs to be good at everything else first. Absolutely love the Varsity Blondes. They're bubbling feud with the Acclaimed is everything I want in my weird retro damaged can we have old Saturday morning WCW but modern weird shit tastes. 

• Paid Members

I'd always wondered how Pillman was able to do what he did as MLW wasn't exactly thrilled with him over the past few months.  He was a contracted talent but was making no bones about the fact he wanted out and was almost taking the piss out of them. 

I never realised it was due to a loophole in his MLW deal that didn't name AEW as it didn't exist at the time it was signed.

https://www.sescoops.com/2021/07/brian-pillman-jr-signs-full-time-contract-with-aew/