The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

Anything other than Hangman lariating Omega head over heels at All Out can get in the bin. Kenny and the Elite have been able to circle the wagons for so long, but it feels like the stage is being set for the chickens to come home to roost. Callis has lost his power position at Impact. The Bucks have got Eddie and his murderous mate making a beeline for them after taking out Kingston's friend Mox. Kazarian is running in, assassinating the Elite stooges. That just leaves the Good Brothers, and the Bucks just made direct enemies of the DO. All Kenny's pawns are getting targeted. After telling Page he'll never beat him, it'll be one on one, and Page is going to tell him he can and will.

There's no need to drag it out any more. The reaction they'll get NOW out of Hangman winning will be incredible. Their crowds react to all the right things. No point running the risk of losing that hot moment over time by burning it out. They're where they need to be now.

Adam Page failing at the final hurdle again..? Where does he go from there, do you have him fall into an even bigger depression or something? I could see a lot of the fans turning on the whole thing if you do that, you've taken away that most natural (as natural as booking can be with covid) big time conclusion.

39 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Adam Page failing at the final hurdle again..? Where does he go from there, do you have him fall into an even bigger depression or something? I could see a lot of the fans turning on the whole thing if you do that, you've taken away that most natural (as natural as booking can be with covid) big time conclusion.

Totally agree he's already lost a title match hasn't he? no idea how people can say for him to lose and drag it out further

1 minute ago, Kamaras-Tash said:

Totally agree he's already lost a title match hasn't he? no idea how people can say for him to lose and drag it out further

Not just that but also the loss against Omega for the no.1 contender spot after being the one to lose the tag titles to FTR.

• Paid Members

I liked what they did on TV but then I saw this video and it killed my excitement dead. Not a fan at all. Put Tommy End down as another lad who should have his creative freedom restricted. Fiend-levels of, “easter eggs,” and, “lore.”

Hangman Adam Page though. Good lord. The best thing to happen in pro-wrestling in years and years. I lost my mind when his music hit and then got genuine goosebumps when he faced off with Kenny. Crowd were completely on board too. They know. We all know. This is it. Lightning in a bottle. Worrying to hear Don Callis mention Fight for the Fallen though. Maybe Kenny defends the title against someone else on that show, revealing he’s the one truly scared of the rematch. They wouldn’t coronate Hangman at anything other than the big PPV, surely? Or is Hangman going to fail at Fight for the Fallen and then pull it back at the PPV? Have they been reading too much Twitter and decided to go with the idea that Page needs to fail one more time? I hope not. This feels right on the precipice of being huge. I’m gonna completely die inside if they don’t stick the landing.

Edited by Supremo

13 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

So did Tommy End not have any sort of No Compete clause? Unless I’ve lost 2 months

I read from PWIInsider that his NXT contract was 30 days no-compete. And when he moved up to the main roster they never noticed and the clause continued so with him being canned on June 2/3 it meant he could show up last night with no hassles. Glad he did. Segment was great. Just hope it’s one match with Cody and no win-trading. 

Edited by NorthSeaTiger

11 minutes ago, Chili said:

If, IF they do Fight for the Fallen, I'd say a time limit draw, then the All Out win. IF they do. 

Or they do do the Hangman win at Fight for the Fallen (appropriate name, perhaps, given Page's story), then Kenny goes batshit psychotic over the next months, leading to a rematch at All Out where Page gets the second win over Omega and cements his place as the champion.

22 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Loved every minute of it. Minor point though I wish Tommy End kept that name.

Personally, I think Malaki Black is an upgrade, although I'd be tempted to do a Vince McMahon and shorten it to just "Malaki". 

This was a great show, although (this is a minor point, but I'm going to say it anyway) Shawn Spears stating that everyone was asking why he attacked Sammy with the chair was pretty daft. I'd be worried for anyone who actually was confused about that happening. 

This may come back to bite me, but I'm warming to the Andrade/Vickie pairing. I like the fact she appears to have ditched "excuse me!" and came out quite business like - if they keep up that approach, and reign back on her worst tendencies, I think this may actually work. The assistant was another nice touch. 

32 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

I am really concerned though that they are going to do Omega/Hangman at Fight for the Fallen though. Surely there's nobody out there that thinks its a good idea to do that match there.

That concerned me too, but I'm guessing that next week's Hangman promo will push their match further down the road. Unless Omega is injured and requires some time off, my guess would be the Kazarian/Elite Hunter stuff is designed to give Kenny an opponent in the short term, before something happens that persuades Hangman to take the match. 

Then again, if they're looking to build up their viewership, a Hangman/Omega match on free TV would certainly be one way of doing that. They could always do a rematch at the PPV, much as they did with Moxley/Omega. 

I don't know much about Dan Lambert, but he was a really fun promo, and I'm intrigued to find out whether this is a one time thing, or if he will bring someone in to face Archer - perhaps a UFC fighter, or even someone like Braun Strowman. If it's a UFC fighter, that match could be a nice hook for the PPV, or whatever show it takes place on. 

All in all, I don't think I've ever had as much fun watching wrestling as I do watching AEW. It's so much fun, and it manages to balance the feeling that you don't know what might happen next, with logical, long-term storytelling. I can't wait to see what comes next. 

2 minutes ago, Winston said:

What a cool debut for Black, those spin kicks were delivered to perfection.

WWE must seriously look on scratching their heads that they couldn't make better use of some of these guys.

I genuinely don't think they are bothered.

What I like about AEW, is that Miro, Andrade, and now Black look like huge stars in this promotion, something TNA could never quite do when signing anyone released by WWE.