The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

Great point from @tiger_rick. Hopefully Tommy End’s shitty little movies can just be his online, supplemental side project that doesn’t have an effect on his television character.

Rather than some daft Bray Wyatt-esque story about multiple personalities or people escaping mental institutions, I’d rather the TV explanation for his attack was simply, “everyone is fucking sick of Cody Rhodes announcements.”

4 hours ago, RedRooster said:

Probably not, given their track record - I imagine they'll continue to expand their roster. As far as adding anything further goes, I think they could do with some new female wrestlers - Ruby Riott and The Iiconics would be nice additions. Riott in particular has more potential than WWE allowed her to show, and I think she has a real chance of becoming a top level star in AEW's Women's Division. 

To me the Iconics will bounce off Baker and Rebel so well, I can't see them not turning up with Peyton's husband being part of the roster already.

• Paid Members

I did like the all in black / all in white visual of End / Cody. Nice little detail for such a short interaction. Those kicks always look great and Arn sending the mic up in the air was another great little touch.

Edit: Only just clicked that he's appeared before the 90 day no compete period and it's apparently because no one updated his contract when he left NXT so he only had 30 days. Someone is getting a paddling for that!

Edited by chokeout

• Paid Members

I've watched the Omega/Hangman thing about five times now. I love it so much. Pure pro-wrestling. I haven't felt this excited since Becky chose Ronda.

All the little details are fantastic. Omega dressed like a complete twat. Hangman in his gorgeous cowboy shirt. The way neither Kenny, Callis or Uno ever actually say Hangman's name, allowing the fans to chant for him instead. Eighteen months of empty buildings was worth it just for that one thunderous, "WE WANT HANGMAN!" chant. The way Hangman and Kenny never actually touch. The way the belt is lying in between them when they square off. The callback to Revolution last year where Hangman is apprehensive to hit the Buckshot. It's so, so good. The roar when the crowd realised they were in position for Page to hit him was amazing. Can you even imagine the crowd reaction when he finally hits it? After kicking out of the One Winged Angel? I'm not sure I'm going to be able to handle it.

This might be the best storyline I've ever seen. I can't remember ever being this engrossed. Ive never lived or died this much on one character winning one match.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

My question, where does Hangman go with the title once he wins it?

Does he have the Dark Order backing him up against the Pinnacle? Does someone like Miro become his first big challenge?

Daniel Bryan GIFs | Tenor

Dynamite was an exhilarating show that absolutely flew by. There were a couple of things I wish were given room to breath but it's a fairly minor quibble. My favourite thing was seeing little kids singing along to "Judas" and doing the Cassidy thumbs up. Really cool to see them invested like that. I hope AEW continue to expand and pick up the younger kids that WWE seem to be driving away. A bit of variety from the thousands of male neckbeard types that make it feel like a super indie show.

• Paid Members

It looks to me and I hope I'm right that they could possibly building up to some mega insane huge tag match: Kingston, Moxley, Penta, Kazarian, Pac, Fenix vs Young Bucks, Good Brothers, Cutler and Omega. Or something like that. Also hoping they find a way to layer that story into the brilliant Hangman w/ DO vs Omega w/ The Elite storyline.

Overall that was a cracking show. Except for calling Excalibur by his real name JR was on good form. Felt like he really made the effort. Excalibur was absolutely terrible during the Malaki segment. Speaking of which, the earlier fake out with the "weather issues" with the lights and then using it later was absolutely GENIUS. 

Gotta laugh out loud at QT getting no entrance for his big blow off feud ending match. The winner was so obvious at that point they might as well skipped to the end.

Really cool little segment showing Jungle Boy getting the trophy. Took all of 30 seconds but put over Jungle Boy big and kept his presence on the show. 

Main event was absolutely brilliant. But the loss of the Bucks facial hair was disappointing. Glad Omega is sticking with his glorious handlebars. 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Dynamite was an exhilarating show that absolutely flew by. There were a couple of things I wish were given room to breath but it's a fairly minor quibble. My favourite thing was seeing little kids singing along to "Judas" and doing the Cassidy thumbs up. Really cool to see them invested like that. I hope AEW continue to expand and pick up the younger kids that WWE seem to be driving away. A bit of variety from the thousands of male neckbeard types that make it feel like a super indie show.

I've said it on here before but AEW absolutely need a Saturday morning show for kids. So many of their acts are just perfect for kids to get invested in.

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I've said it on here before but AEW absolutely need a Saturday morning show for kids. So many of their acts are just perfect for kids to get invested in.

100% agree with this. It's something WWE dropped the ball on big time with Saturday Morning Slam, and I genuinely believe could be a great way to cultivate a whole new generation of fans. If you think back as a kid to how many people got into the WWF by watching it on a Saturday or Sunday morning during the first peak, it boggles the mind that it's a demo that is largely underserved in terms of bespoke programming.   

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Shy Dad said:

My question, where does Hangman go with the title once he wins it?

Does he have the Dark Order backing him up against the Pinnacle? Does someone like Miro become his first big challenge?

Miro murdering Dark Order one by one to get to Hangman would be money, especially if it led to Silver getting a mini push. 

Saw @Supremo mention a super team against The Elite. Doing the maths there are 7 wrestlers in the Elite and 7 Dark Order members. Boom, there is a nice little TV tag match without overdosing on names. No Hangman in the match. Be a good time to really hurt a DO member there. Maybe little Johnny Silver for the added shithouse levels. 

Edited by Chili