Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted July 3, 2021 Paid Members Posted July 3, 2021 (edited) The shit facial hair is great, the Macho Man mannerisms are great, I can even deal with Gallows and Anderson being pricks at the moment because they're really starting to do well with everything being so over the top. I can understand why some people would hate it but I have a ball watching them. @tiger_rick could both Cage and Starks turn next week? Cage beats Starks and walks out on Taz, Taz sets Hobbs and Hook on Starks for always messing up and Cage comes back to help him, potentially lead to a tag match where Hook can finally get his Dynamite debut? I've always thought once he was fully ready to go that there wouldn't really be a need for as much of Team Taz as character and human wise, surely Taz would want to focus on his family and his legacy? Edited July 3, 2021 by Shy Dad
RedRooster Posted July 3, 2021 Posted July 3, 2021 42 minutes ago, Shy Dad said: I can even deal with Gallows and Anderson being pricks at the moment because they're really starting to do well with everything being so over the top. For me, they’re one of the few acts that just isn’t working in AEW. I don’t think they add anything to Omega’s act, particularly now that The Bucks are prominent (and much better) heels, and I don’t know who they actually are as characters. Have they even cut a promo yet? Their ring work is unspectacular, their characters are unclear, I just don’t see much point to them.
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted July 4, 2021 Paid Members Posted July 4, 2021 (edited) I think it's the fact I just drunkenly one night saw them as Superstar Billy Graham and Superstar Lite and since then they make me smile whenever they turn up with their stupid little jewellery or that they just randomly pop up, add nothing to the segment but you're still annoyed by their presence. It's probably Stockholm Syndrome manifesting in X Pac heat but I bloody love them for just being people I think suck. Edited July 4, 2021 by Shy Dad
Paid Members Supremo Posted July 4, 2021 Paid Members Posted July 4, 2021 The biggest thing that can happen in the upcoming months? Eddie Kingston getting the big home town reaction? John Silver winning the TNT Title in Brodie Lee’s hometown? Santana and Ortiz winning the Tag Titles? Adam Page winning the World Title? Brian Danielson debuting? No. The answer is Jon Moxley going full Dad and finally shaving it all off. It’s a long time coming. I just worry he looks like Sam Roberts’ older brother.
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted July 4, 2021 Paid Members Posted July 4, 2021 1 hour ago, Supremo said: The biggest thing that can happen in the upcoming months? Eddie Kingston getting the big home town reaction? John Silver winning the TNT Title in Brodie Lee’s hometown? Santana and Ortiz winning the Tag Titles? Adam Page winning the World Title? Brian Danielson debuting? No. The answer is Jon Moxley going full Dad and finally shaving it all off. It’s a long time coming. I just worry he looks like Sam Roberts’ older brother. I was just thinking the same thing about Sam Roberts. Never noticed their similarity until he shaved the curls off.
Guest Posted July 4, 2021 Posted July 4, 2021 Don’t like bald Mox, the half balding longer look added to the crazy.
Guest Posted July 4, 2021 Posted July 4, 2021 (edited) Superb thread on the hangman, then Omega journey to where they are now. I’m so ready for this to kick off, needs a Road To special to show all the BTE stuff not shared on Tv https://twitter.com/chrisbrosnahan/status/1411638991343042562?s=21 Edited July 4, 2021 by Louch Typo
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted July 4, 2021 Paid Members Posted July 4, 2021 Yeah it's crazy how much of the story has been told on BTE rather than on Dynamite. Some of those Dark Order segments in particular. They were fucking mad not to have the ending of the Dynamite before Christmas not be the segment where Dark Order sing a special Christmas song for Hangman and he finally caves and hangs out with them while snow falls outside the window. I genuinely nearly teared up watching that.
Guest Posted July 4, 2021 Posted July 4, 2021 I nearly teared up at a few bits just reading it back. A proper openly vulnerable babyface, discarded by some, loved by others, and can’t see his value. It’s never been properly explained his hanging around with the DO, it just started on tv. Showing this to the whole audience will get even more into him
Paid Members Chris B Posted July 4, 2021 Paid Members Posted July 4, 2021 Man, what loser had the time to write all that?
Paid Members Supremo Posted July 4, 2021 Paid Members Posted July 4, 2021 Amazing thread. Someone should do a super cut of the Adam Page stuff from BTE. I can’t stomach watching full episodes every week but I’d love to see the bits of the Hangman story I’ve missed.
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted July 4, 2021 Awards Moderator Posted July 4, 2021 1 hour ago, Chris B said: Man, what loser had the time to write all that? Who knows, but if I had any clue, I’d express my gratitude and thank them.
Paid Members Supremo Posted July 4, 2021 Paid Members Posted July 4, 2021 (edited) I saw a cute theory someone had about Kenny Omega foreshadowing by keeping the same header on his Twitter for almost two years. The poster for the original All Out event, featuring what could possibly be the first four AEW Champions in order. Would be a nice touch, if true. It fits beautifully. The first All Out event Hangman shits the bed against Jericho. The second All Out event he and Kenny lose the Tag Titles to FTR. The third All Out event he turns it all around and knocks Omega’s head off. When it’s good it’s fucking great. Edited July 5, 2021 by Supremo
Paid Members Chris B Posted July 4, 2021 Paid Members Posted July 4, 2021 There are sections of wrestling fans that are really weird. Someone tagged in Disco Inferno and a few others, and it's odd getting people really riled up because you enjoyed something.
Pork Pie Posted July 5, 2021 Posted July 5, 2021 (edited) 20 hours ago, Supremo said: It’s a long time coming. I just worry he looks like Sam Roberts’ older brother. He just looks like a slightly bigger version of Karl Pilkington to me Edited July 5, 2021 by Pork Pie
Recommended Posts