The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

I’m surprised so many people in that thread are suggesting Hangman should lose against Omega the first time, then win it in the rematch some time next year. I hadn’t even considered that as an option.

I don’t know. Maybe this is the one storyline where another big loss will only add to the drama and build for an even bigger crescendo down the line.

Personally though, I’m not sure I can take anymore heartbreak. I need to see him happy!

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

I hadn't considered a loss either, but I was musing after reading Chris' thread whether or not (if I were 'producing' the match) if I'd have Omega kick out of the Buckshot after Page has kicked out of the One Winged Angel, requiring a second Buckshot or the Deadeye to finish it.

Dunno if that'd be too much.

18 minutes ago, Statto said:

I hadn't considered a loss either, but I was musing after reading Chris' thread whether or not (if I were 'producing' the match) if I'd have Omega kick out of the Buckshot after Page has kicked out of the One Winged Angel, requiring a second Buckshot or the Deadeye to finish it.

Dunno if that'd be too much.

Considering they had someone kick out of a second rope Tombstone Piledriver last week, I wouldn’t say that needing to hit a second finisher would be considered “too much”

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I’m surprised so many people in that thread are suggesting Hangman should lose against Omega the first time, then win it in the rematch some time next year. I hadn’t even considered that as an option.

I don’t know. Maybe this is the one storyline where another big loss will only add to the drama and build for an even bigger crescendo down the line.

Persobally though, I’m not sure I can take anymore heartbreak. I need to see him happy!

I can kinda see the logic in it. But the story is "Hangman learns to believe in himself to face his fears and overcome the odds" but if he loses the first match the story for a rematch will be exactly the same thing.

Honestly, I think you do the change at All Out. It's the absolute business, but don't get too cute I'd say. He's lost one, it evens the score, it's timely with All Out being the place of his original fall. 

I said to Pat on Twitter, imagine they dusty finish this with Omega winning. Crowd deflated. Someone comes out and restarts it/ref sees finish on screen. Omega argues, turns into a buckshot and 1-2-3. Pull peoples emotions limb from limb. Dark Order start by making the Gimp chair for him, then let him ride 10 again 

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

I feel like there are an awful lot of suggestions guided by WWE brain worms that are actually very bad ideas. Hangman failing this time would likely miss the mark.

Edited by Liam O'Rourke

4 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

I feel like there are an awful lot of suggestions guided by WWE brain worms that are actually very bad ideas. Hangman failing this time would likely miss the mark.

Hangman failing this time would feel more like a Gedo move than a WWE one. That's not to say it'd be the right one, but I'd certainly associate that kind of move with New Japan rather than WWE. But yeah, All Out has to end with Page lariating Kenny out of his boots.

43 minutes ago, uklaw said:

There are going to be grown adults in tears when he eventually wins, aren’t there? 🤭🥲

I’ll be weeping at both end to that endearing angst ridden hunk 

I remember being absolutely desperate for Kenny to win his first IWGP title match against Okada at the Dome that year but in retrospect it wasn't the time and Omega's big win near 18 months later was made all the better for it.

I'd love for Hangman to take the title at All Out but I wouldn't be entirely against a longer chase if they're somehow able to recreate the magic of the Okada/Omega series.

• Paid Members

F7CB3CAD-E41B-41C4-A330-AB7AAAD0F8CB.thumb.jpeg.8e34737776f85cad9408facd5065ee68.jpeg

Fucking get in. Other than Double or Nothing, this is the most excited I’ve been for a show all year.

I hope the crowd give Eddie Kingston the reaction he deserves. Fuck, go all the way and switch the belts for a month or so. Kick the new era off with a bang and give the king his big moment.