Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

That they have done two promos without using his name, and had the crowd totally onside is great work. Treating the audience with respect that they know what’s going on 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Kenny’s V-neck T-shirt! Heel clobber rivalling Batista at his best. Whole thing is a masterpiece.

I think they’re doing a time limit draw at Fight for the Fallen. Kenny can then claim he’s defended it against Hangman and isn’t facing him again, then they can do some shenanigans for Page to earn the rematch at All Out. Maybe Dark Order all put their careers on the line in a big multi-man match. I didn’t follow Omega’s New Japan career super closely but he did something similar with Okada, didn’t he? A time limit draw before the eventual coronation down the road?

Personally I just want Hangman to murder him the first fair chance he gets, but that’s the way I see it playing out based on what Callis said.

Edited by Supremo
Posted

Heavyweight title matches get 60 mins. If they are doing a draw it’d need to start during the first hour and would be pretty obvious. FFTF opponent evil uno given he’s doing the heavy lifting the now 

  • Paid Members
Posted

The only other thing I came up with was the idea of Kenny attacking and trying to injure Hangman to avoid facing him. We've not seen how that affects the AEW rankings yet. You would assume if you can't wrestle then you aren't ranked?

Posted

There is no way AEW is leaving money on the table and doing Page vs Omega on free television 6 weeks before a PPV. If they break their record for PPV buys (159,000) by a thousand they rake in $8 million. 

Question is, what do they do for Fight For The Fallen. Page in a No. 1 contender match perhaps (maybe a gauntlet match and Page via the luck of the draw, draws No. 1 and ends up winning) or a Elite vs Dark Order match with Page getting the World title match if Dark Order wins. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
4 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

How come QT Marshall didn’t get an entrance? It’s was the opening match so it’s not like they were over running on time.  
 

Heaven forbid Cody cut his entrance down a bit to give time for both competitors.  

Doubt it was anything to do with time and all to do with starting with a popular entrance from one of their stars and getting into the match.

Didn't mind it, thought the show started hot, crowd were into the face winning and it was never in doubt regardless of whether QT got an entrance on TV.

Posted

Hangman Page in position to hit the buckshot (like at Revolution 2020) and the crowd reaction gave me goosebumps. Only ever had that a handful of times over the past 20 years watching wrestling. 
 

I’m all in (out?) on this. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
3 hours ago, Louch said:

Heavyweight title matches get 60 mins. If they are doing a draw it’d need to start during the first hour and would be pretty obvious. FFTF opponent evil uno given he’s doing the heavy lifting the now 

They often use the stipulation of or TV Time remaining in their spiel

  • Paid Members
Posted

I wasn't arsed about the opener. I see your point about wanting a big opening moment, but how many times has somebody been introduced while they were "currently in the ring" and won. I had absolutely no doubt Cody was going to win, in spite of all the stuff QT tried to do to him. Let him stink up the midcard wihh his mates. I don't get how he's still so over with the fans. Mind you he was in Florida, which as Dusty country. Let's see him do it in New York. 

That Hangman/Omega segment was amazing. I had chills when Page was stood by the ropes about to hit the Buckshot Lariat. This is such a good feud. 

How much does FTR's music sound like the old Horsemen music from WCW? Conversely, how generic is the Inner Circle music? 

Christian Vs Matt Hardy? Can't decide whether that'll be worth a watch. Maybe there'll be some smoke and mirrors. 

Best Friends are great. 

Why didn't Pac & Rey Fenix come to help Penta & Eddie Kingston when Gallows & Anderson interfered? That was a wild brawl in the main. I can't imagine this is over. Will they go again with Moxley in their corner? Mox, Kingston & Death Triangle against the Bucks, the Good Brothers & Kenny? That would have made for a nice Blood & Guts to end a feud. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
53 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I wasn't arsed about the opener. I see your point about wanting a big opening moment, but how many times has somebody been introduced while they were "currently in the ring" and won. I had absolutely no doubt Cody was going to win, in spite of all the stuff QT tried to do to him. Let him stink up the midcard wihh his mates. I don't get how he's still so over with the fans. Mind you he was in Florida, which as Dusty country. Let's see him do it in New York. 

That Hangman/Omega segment was amazing. I had chills when Page was stood by the ropes about to hit the Buckshot Lariat. This is such a good feud. 

How much does FTR's music sound like the old Horsemen music from WCW? Conversely, how generic is the Inner Circle music? 

Christian Vs Matt Hardy? Can't decide whether that'll be worth a watch. Maybe there'll be some smoke and mirrors. 

Best Friends are great. 

Why didn't Pac & Rey Fenix come to help Penta & Eddie Kingston when Gallows & Anderson interfered? That was a wild brawl in the main. I can't imagine this is over. Will they go again with Moxley in their corner? Mox, Kingston & Death Triangle against the Bucks, the Good Brothers & Kenny? That would have made for a nice Blood & Guts to end a feud. 

Pac and Rey were taken out by the Bucks in the last month and haven’t been “cleared” to wrestle

Posted
9 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

They often use the stipulation of or TV Time remaining in their spiel

You could have members of the Elite in matches through the night and use them or other methods to slow the show down like to going for a pinfall on an easy opponent, cutting overly long promos etc so there's only 10 mins for the match. Then have Hangman almost do it right before the final bell. Kenny can then say Hangman had his shot to build to a 60 min time limit ppv match. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...