Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Where are they taping Rampage that week? Being in town and with the diversity of personalities they have on, they should be blitzing as much media around there are they can 

Posted
1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

Tony Khan runs New York now, amazing.

But seriously, that's going to raise eyebrows "up north".

It’s an interesting time what with WWE having already conceded defeat on Wednesday nights and with both companies returning to touring, hopefully the buzz that AEW has will spur WWE on now that they’re competing to get fans back to shows. They saved a lot over the last year and a bit due to having the different residencies, but now their production costs are about to shoot up again so they’ve got to get people to the shows.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I can understand why there’ll be loads of discussions about AEW practically selling out that massive, beautiful building, whilst WWE’s rival show in its home arena hasn’t sold anywhere close, but honestly, I don’t care. All I care about is what matches Eddie Kingston and Santana and Ortiz are having on that show and if my TV speakers are going to handle the crowd reactions.

Posted
13 hours ago, boshealecta said:

Is Chris Jericho a heel? His promos always seem heelish. He basically said this week he would punch a dead boxer who most people loved??? 

Well as only most and not all I'd say it makes him a tweener. 

Posted

If Starks keeps getting those reactions outside of his home area what are they gonna do?

Cage as a face feels like a bad idea anyway, he's good at what he does being a big hulk but I can't see him ever being likable.

Posted

If Starks keeps getting those reactions outside of his home area what are they gonna do?

Cage as a face feels like a bad idea anyway, he's good at what he does being a big hulk but I can't see him ever being likable.

Posted

Sorry if already asked/answered but what type of show is Rampage gonna be? Is it another Dark/Elevation show but for TV? Or their weekly 2nd show like a Smackdown?

Posted

Watching Wednesdays show in full. It’s unreal how the hangman and page segment makes me feel. Such conviction in Page when he talks, the dark order running in to save him, that he not only wanted his match but something for them as well. Dick heels against them all willing to powder and hide from the run in. omega is proper transitioning into a TV personality heel as well, and not just a super match guy. Crowd all with the good guys, no one siding with the heels to be “smart”. 38 and I’m falling in love for real with TV wrestling again 

Posted
On 7/17/2021 at 1:24 AM, boshealecta said:

Is Chris Jericho a heel? His promos always seem heelish. He basically said this week he would punch a dead boxer who most people loved??? 

He was trying to get over he was willing to do anything no matter how despicable to allow him to get his hands on MJF.

i.e Stealing candy from a baby or drowning a bag of cats 

Posted

The Ali line was a little clumsy, but I can see what he was going for.

He could’ve said something like “I’d run up to Mike Tyson and punch him in the face” instead, playing off of Tyson’s involvement in AEW over the last year. I know last time he appeared he and Jericho were mates, but Jericho putting friendship aside just get to MJF would play into the “willing to do anything” story too

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...