The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

I really think AEW missed a bit of a trick with the wanky Rhodes/Ogogo weigh in. You had Paul Wight there, a bloke who was known for his 'Knock-out Punch" and a lad in Ogogo, who's punching ability they are trying to get over big. Why not have him spark Wight out with one punch? You would instantly get over the punch, and it wouldn't hurt Wight's image at all...

• Paid Members

If it meant putting a stop to Paul Wight messing around with those scales, I’d have knocked him out even if it wasn’t scripted. Fuck me. It’s a work, Paul. Just shout a number out.

I know I’m setting myself up for disappointment when Mark Henry comes out as the Joker, but whatever. Should Bryan Danielson come in, do you think he’d be allowed to do the Yes chant? Is that something WWE could trademark?

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Cod Eye said:

I really think AEW missed a bit of a trick with the wanky Rhodes/Ogogo weigh in. You had Paul Wight there, a bloke who was known for his 'Knock-out Punch" and a lad in Ogogo, who's punching ability they are trying to get over big. Why not have him spark Wight out with one punch? You would instantly get over the punch, and it wouldn't hurt Wight's image at all...

I think they might have  a Wight/Ogogo programme in mind later on. Wight and QT Marshall have apparently been getting into spats on Dark: Elevation, so I could see Ogogo standing up for QT and getting into a match, or even a worked boxing match, with Wight.

I'm almost anxious about Cody/Ogogo - I really want them to put Anthony over, and with any other opponent, I would trust them to make the right decision. But there's just so many ways I could see them cocking it up with Cody. The one thing I really don't want to see is Cody kicking out after the liver punch, when it's been sold as a killer by everyone else thus far. I can already envision him melodramatically waving off the ref, maybe grabbing his arm, refusing to let him stop the match. The only way that's going to be remotely respectable is if Ogogo lets him to his feet only to immediately brain him with a knock-out shot. 

I just don't have faith in Cody to approach this any differently to any of his other "one and done" programmes, where the build is great, then he wins and never interacts with the person again. There's scope for a three match series at least here. If this were Memphis back in the day, we'd absolutely be getting a gimmicked up boxing match between them after this. And I'd end it all with a Flag match, that way Cody can get a win over Ogogo and try and get over the all-American angle (and the support he needs to trademark "The American Dream" as a nickname), but Ogogo remains protected enough by not taking a pin. But, again, it's Cody - I can really see him just winning clean in the first match, and that's really the one bad choice out of countless ways this could go. 

• Paid Members

Cody's already shit on the liver punch by coming out on TV to cut his shitty American Dream promo a week after he took it when I've not seen anybody else since they took one on dynamite. I'm totally expecting him to be kicking out of them like Roman Reigns kicking out of F5s at Wrestlemania. 

Really enjoyed the last several dynamites. Really nicely paced fun stuff. 

If it was me I would totally pivot and stick the belt on Orange Cassidy at DON. He'll never be this high on the card again and it's perfect timing with the crowds starting to filter back in. That shot of him holding up the belt just felt right. Just a brief summer run will do, then switch back to Omega in a singles match a the next PPV. It's not like Omega is setting the world on fire.

Fuck Cody Rhodes and fuck QT Marshall though. Imagine not letting Ogogo cut a go-home promo and having QT do it instead. Fuck off.

I'm half convinced that they had QT cut a shitty promo to avoid the possibility of Cody being shown up by Ogogo. 

Edit. 

Khan needs to splash out on the rights to Simply the Best. 

Edited by The King Of Swing