The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

A mostly bog-standard, utility go-home show, elevated massively by having a proper crowd. Hilarious that they suddenly just decided masks and social distancing didn’t exist anymore, but whatever. Florida is gonna Florida regardless so I might as well enjoy it.

What a genuine thrill hearing the crowd pop big for Hangman, Orange, Dark Order, Britt Baker and Miro. The whole crowd doing the, “D...M...D,” thing with Britt and chanting, “Miro’s going to kill you,” were specific highlights. I think we’ve got some actual stars on our hands, lads. Santana’s fiery babyface promo about the return of the greatest fans in the world was fantastic too. That guy’s got something special.

I know they won’t, but hear me out. On your first PPV show with a full capacity crowd, where the main aim should be to get the biggest reactions and make the fans as happy as possible? It wouldn’t be the worst idea in the world...

B3D8B722-ADBB-4074-8251-9AFBC46FC232.jpeg.a4ef559dfad0cab60258859b7f6a18e3.jpeg

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

Wednesday on ITV? That's ridiculous. Why couldn't they have shown Dynamite tonight and then the countdown show tomorrow before DoN itself Aird on PPV? Might have to see whether I can hunt it down on daily motion or something. This is going in for a few weeks as well, isn't it? 

13 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Wednesday on ITV? That's ridiculous. Why couldn't they have shown Dynamite tonight and then the countdown show tomorrow before DoN itself Aird on PPV? Might have to see whether I can hunt it down on daily motion or something. This is going in for a few weeks as well, isn't it? 

Because ITV don’t carry the PPVs anymore since they closed ITV Box Office. If they still had the PPVs it it would be a different story, but so long as they get the episode on before the next one, they don’t care if you seen the PPV or not

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Overall I enjoyed the show, but I really hope they never do another weigh-in segment. They always feel so awkward. I thought they were going to have Ogogo punch Cody while he was on the scales or something, but nope. It just kinda happened. Cody clearly isn’t a bad wrestler, but from a storyline perspective there aren’t many people of his stature having a worse year. I hope they get him back on track after Double or Nothing as he’s just a chore to watch right now.

43 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Because ITV don’t carry the PPVs anymore since they closed ITV Box Office. If they still had the PPVs it it would be a different story, but so long as they get the episode on before the next one, they don’t care if you seen the PPV or not

They just don't care about what they do with AEW at all really. It's a real shame.

If anyone’s interested, I just signed up for the 7 day free trial to watch Dynamite on FITE. I cancelled it straight away but it said my subscription ends June 12th so you can watch the episodes that will be delayed on ITV on there for free.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Think Hangman was pretty annoyed by getting busted open hardway. He clotheslined Janela full on in the face to end that match.

I just thought it was a sloppy looking bump from Janela but having watched it back he does seem to just full on leather him with it. I'm still struggling to see where he got bust open though.

1 hour ago, Shy Dad said:

I just thought it was a sloppy looking bump from Janela but having watched it back he does seem to just full on leather him with it. I'm still struggling to see where he got bust open though.

I assumed that Page caught his head from the German suplex into the corner.