The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

After watching Lio Rush as the Joker last Sunday, I was happy they didnā€™t waste Andrade or Brian Danielson in that spot.Ā Knowing in retrospectĀ that it was a showcase for Jungle Boy, and seeingĀ the entirety of Lioā€™s involvement consisting of coming out, botching a couple of spots, and then getting immediately eliminated, it wouldā€™ve been criminal to put a top star in that position.

However, havingĀ seen what they did with Andrade on Dynamite? IĀ honestly think heā€™d have been better off as the Joker in the Battle Royale.Ā At least he wouldā€™ve gottenĀ some music and a fucking Titan Tron video. Likely his name on the big screen for the crowd to pop for. Even if heā€™dĀ been eliminated shortly afterwards that still wouldā€™ve beenĀ preferable to Vickie Guerrerro mumble shouting his name, everyone looking around confused, followed by him coming out to silence.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, RedRooster said:

Talking of dreadful, QT Marshall once again proved that heā€™s mediocre at best at everything he does. His promo had no substance whatsoever once again, he has no presence in the ring...just ditch this bloody feud already. Given how rarely Cody takes a loss, even though this was far from clean, I canā€™t believe they gave a win over Cody to this clown. Why not give it to Ogogo? Heck, why not give the promo time to Ogogo, who is far more interesting on the mic than Marshall.

What's stranger is that the whole booking of this tag match, with QT stealing a win over Cody thanks to a shot from Ogogo, feels like it should have comeĀ beforeĀ a Cody/Ogogo singles match. It's like they're booking the whole thing in reverse.

• Paid Members

Not the first time something feels like it's been booked in reverse in AEW.Ā 

Ā 

Excited to see Andrade in AEW even if the Vickie pairing is a bit odd. I thought he was going to be a sure fire hit on the main roster, just one of many who looked incredible in NXT but got lost in the shuffle.Ā 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

I find it disappointing that the next couple of episodes are being shot without fans in attendance.

At least that's what I have read anyway.

Normally they shoot 1 public, 1 with just crew and roster. This will no doubt change when theyā€™re back on the road. I assume itā€™s to give the roster time to rest

I don't know Andrade but the crowd seemed made up for him and his arrival seems to of been highly anticipated on here by some. So I'm looking forward to his run. But the Vickie Guerrero pairing needs binning off as does Vickie in general. She's doing the same shit that lost it's appeal 20 years ago. But because of her appalling cock up in announcing Andrade, it seems to be overlooked that she's also going to be involved with their hottest act at the minute in the form of Britt Baker.Ā 

While Britt and Nyla Rose might be a corker of a match, the thought of Vickie being on screen isn't one I want to see. And it also strikes me as desperation on AEW's part that it's "pride" month so Britt's first opponent is the transgender wrestler they have on their books, when Nyla hasn't been seen on Dynamite in yonks. They're really hammering home how much they've got going on with "pride:" that I wouldn't be surprised to see them put the belt back on Nyla and have her make some emotional speech.Ā 

23 minutes ago, Jackpot said:

While Britt and Nyla Rose might be a corker of a match, the thought of Vickie being on screen isn't one I want to see. And it also strikes me as desperation on AEW's part that it's "pride" month so Britt's first opponent is the transgender wrestler they have on their books, when Nyla hasn't been seen on Dynamite in yonks. They're really hammering home how much they've got going on with "pride:" that I wouldn't be surprised to see them put the belt back on Nyla and have her make some emotional speech.Ā 

You're entitled to your opinion, no matter how blinkered and wrong it is.Ā 

Edited by Chili

Or they just want a credible challenger to start her reign off with, donā€™t think they have ever talked up that she is transgender on the tv shows. Sheā€™s a woman in the womanā€™s divisionĀ 

26 minutes ago, Jackpot said:

And it also strikes me as desperation on AEW's part that it's "pride" month so Britt's first opponent is the transgender wrestler they have on their books, when Nyla hasn't been seen on Dynamite in yonks. They're really hammering home how much they've got going on with "pride:" that I wouldn't be surprised to see them put the belt back on Nyla and have her make some emotional speech.Ā 

EDu7.gif

44 minutes ago, Jackpot said:

Really? When and where?

Even if that were true, whatā€™s the problem with that? Wrestling in the past has almost certainly been the source of homophobic bullying, with top baby faces (including The Rock and John Cena)Ā making ā€˜gay jokesā€™ about opponents and non-wrestlers. Isnā€™tĀ itĀ a nice changeĀ forĀ this generation of wrestlers to send out a message of equality to young fans, and to challengeĀ homophobia?

Nyla is a great first opponent for Britt, and frankly should be featured more. Sheā€™s improved dramatically in ring, her mic work is great and sheā€™s really quick witted and likeable. Thereā€™s definite potential for her to bounce off Baker on the mic in the best possible way.

As far as Iā€™m aware theyā€™ve never mentioned the fact sheā€™s trans on air. Nyla isnā€™t likely to win the title, but if she did, and actually did want to reference the fact sheā€™s trans in an ā€˜emotional promoā€™, why would that matter? It would likely be massively helpful forĀ someone out there to hear that, and see a trans athlete in such a high profile role. Iā€™d say I can only imagine how hard it can be to be trans, but I donā€™t have to - all I need to do is look at the suicide rate among trans people and the truth of that is depressingly clear.

• Paid Members

They spent a total of about fifteen seconds announcing they had a pride-themed T-shirt where some of the proceeds went to a charity,Ā and then they startedĀ a feud between the newly crowned champion and the number three contender, who happens to be trans, a fact thatā€™s never been mentioned on TV. ā€œDesperation,ā€ and, ā€œclearly hammering home how much theyā€™ve got going on with pride.ā€

You ok,Ā mate?

Nyla has been in title scene since day one and is a former champion.

Perfect challanger for Britt. If anything I'm more worried that Britt might not be the big deal people are expecting.Ā 

This weeks segment sure didn't fill me with hope.Ā