The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

I really like through everyone they've just said 'Uno is gonna get murked' and everyone is up for seeing it. Nothing against Uno either, I liked that even his training on BTE had a wink and know that he ain't walking out alive. 

Uno was in the battle royal, and now in singles match, I’d thought Stu must have been hurt but he’s been on Dark. Soft split, or have they just been setting him up for this match foot before the ppv?

• Paid Members

It does seem like a bit of a soft split, even in multi-man matches now Uno and Grayson are rarely on the same team. Stu and Colt do seem to be a little lost in the Dark Order shuffle at the moment, although I guess that will always happen with a faction of that size.

That's an amusing insight into the conditioning of wrestling fans, that a tag team not pairing must have officially split. The DO is big enough to have members swap in and out while still making clear there are set pairings that perform and work better. I think, if anything, Stu could do with doing his own thing for a bit, as, apart from being one of the originals, he's probably the most nondescript of the bunch. Even Angels has adopted the gimmick of being the bullied runt of the bunch well; Stu is stuck as the kind of straight man in a troop of much more interesting personalities and looks. JR trotting out the 'best athlete in <insert promotion>' mantle recently is a warning sign that Grayson currently doesn't have much more going for him. And annoyingly, if he did smarten up his look to the same style but with a bit more colour and visual flair, he'd probably just look like Brandon Cutler. Hopefully, Uno getting steamrolled by Miro has knock-on effects for Stu, in terms of angle and on-screen character development.

2 minutes ago, CavemanLynn said:

That's an amusing insight into the conditioning of wrestling fans, that a tag team not pairing must have officially split. The DO is big enough to have members swap in and out while still making clear there are set pairings that perform and work better. I think, if anything, Stu could do with doing his own thing for a bit, as, apart from being one of the originals, he's probably the most nondescript of the bunch. Even Angels has adopted the gimmick of being the bullied runt of the bunch well; Stu is stuck as the kind of straight man in a troop of much more interesting personalities and looks. JR trotting out the 'best athlete in <insert promotion>' mantle recently is a warning sign that Grayson currently doesn't have much more going for him. And annoyingly, if he did smarten up his look to the same style but with a bit more colour and visual flair, he'd probably just look like Brandon Cutler. Hopefully, Uno getting steamrolled by Miro has knock-on effects for Stu, in terms of angle and on-screen character development.

I love the idea of Uno getting absolutely murdered as the catalyst for a Stu Vs Miro, mad bastards lumping the fuck out of each other match.

• Paid Members

Seeing how great Miro has become, I think there’s a babyface turn to come when fans return. Love the idea of him offering Omega a match. If you’re collecting belts, come try and take mine.

4 hours ago, Supremo said:

Seeing how great Miro has become, I think there’s a babyface turn to come when fans return. Love the idea of him offering Omega a match. If you’re collecting belts, come try and take mine.

I have mixed feelings about it. I think it’s inevitable, but he’s so, so good in this current heel character. He feels far more dangerous and exciting as champ than Kenny ever could. 

The thought of heel Miro vs Moxley, Miro vs Page, Miro vs Wardlow, Miro vs Jungle Boy and Miro vs Sammy are all too fucking exciting to miss out on.

• Paid Members

I thought Moose was wrestling Kenny first, then the winner wrestles Sami Callihan at Against All Odds?

• Paid Members

Ah, ok. I would have preferred the other way round, unless there's Elite bollocks involved to cost Moose the win as it's too early for Kenny to start dropping titles.