The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I’m honestly surprised we haven’t had a Brodie Lee/Jon Huber Memorial Cup yet given their fondness for tournaments. We’ll probably get that around the first anniversary of his passing.

And be won by Cody obviously. 

• Paid Members

That'd involve him having to interact with other members of the roster outside his nightmare family/factory buddies though. 

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I’m honestly surprised we haven’t had a Brodie Lee/Jon Huber Memorial Cup yet given their fondness for tournaments. We’ll probably get that around the first anniversary of his passing.

They've got a show in Rochester later this year. As Brodie's hometown I wouldn't be surprised if they did something for that.

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

They've got a show in Rochester later this year. As Brodie's hometown I wouldn't be surprised if they did something for that.

Presumably that's the rescheduled date of the taping Brodie was supposed to debut at too.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Would it? I'm sure there's enough of them that he could fill a tournament.

You'd have to have Dark Order members involved or there'd be no point in having it. See whether Erick Redbeard and TAFKA Braun Strowman are available. Cody and his lads exclusively contesting it would be a slap in the face.

22 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

You'd have to have Dark Order members involved or there'd be no point in having it. See whether Erick Redbeard and TAFKA Braun Strowman are available. Cody and his lads exclusively contesting it would be a slap in the face.

Doesn't normally stop him..

I think that an important piece of character development for the DO will be when one of them says he's going to win the title for the DO rather than Brodie. After all, Brodie was the one that brought all the misfits together, but it's been their friendship and support for each other since then that should be the catalyst for them finally getting the victory. That way, Brodie's memory gets the thanks it deserves, and they get to move forward as a unit.

2 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I wouldn't mind seeing them do a tournament there in his honour, would love to see erick redbeard in it and winning it, however as stated above if it were to happen cody would be all over it

Fucking hell boys reel it in on the Cody Rhodes stuff, you sound obsessed with him. 'Oh I bet Cody and all his little trainees will win the Brodie Cup that we've made up'. It's like people are hoping he goes full reign of terror, or takes off with all of his mates to validate their disappointing expectation as a wrestling fan. 

Edited by Chili

1 hour ago, Vegeta said:

I wouldn't mind seeing them do a tournament there in his honour, would love to see erick redbeard in it and winning it, however as stated above if it were to happen cody would be all over it

I wouldn't mind Redbeard being in it but the idea of him winning it would awful. I'm sure they were close but Brodie was seemingly loved by everyone. Redbeard beating all the AEW guys is a step too far for me. Rather have him lose to whichever heel gets to the final before they in turn lose it to the likes of Silver so. 

I also appreciate I am commenting on a fictional tournament.

Edited by Joe Blog

• Paid Members

I don't think they've hammered the Brodie Lee stuff into the ground. This time around, it was absolutely perfect - it gave something for Miro to crush. You get the loveable doofus dedicating his match, with everyone watching, including Brodie's son, and Miro just beats the shit out of the doofus and laughs at them. What a man.

It's hilarious and weird in hindsight that Evil Uno was brought in as some kind of monster heel. He's clearly just the most wholesome pervert in history outside of Fetishman.

ef9c8af102e1602f6f47f24b4750eb30.jpg.2cb73c8303e29ee3d1c10ce9b1206c6a.jpg

It's even weirder thinking about how the Dark Order was meant to be a Marty Scurll vehicle. That was a narrow escape, both in terms of avoiding his 2020 and the DO being so much fun as it is now.

What's absolutely mad to process is that if Brodie Jr does decide to begin wrestling as a career choice, members like Anna Jay will be an ancient 32 years old, Stu Grayson will be barely over 40. For some reason the perception there messes with me. Everyone might not be there by then, but they'll still be young.