The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

Remember when Cody was the only member of The Elite who had his finger on the pulse and knew how to book himself properly? Feels like a million years ago now. He’s ice cold. Genuinely disappointed his announcement wasn’t a sabbatical. Plus, what fucking maniac thought announcing a mystery partner with the first name, “Brock,” would be a good idea, if their surname wasn’t, “Lesnar”?

Evil Uno and the Dark Order Cheerleaders going bananas in the background almost had me on one of those near falls. Fun little match. The big moment has got to be John Silver eventually winning the TNT Title, surely?

Absolutely gutted to see the Good Brothers booked for a match next week. I was convinced everyone involved had admitted defeat and were slowly phasing them out. Was it Jim Ross who shouted, “who’s paying these guys?!” during their run in here? If so, that’s the most accurate call JR has made in decades. Waste of space, the pair of them. Stealing a living.

Stonking squash from Lance Archer. Absolute murder. Is this the type of greatness I’m missing skipping Dark and Elevation?

As much as I want to see him raise the belt, I’m equally as excited for Jungle Boy to lose against Omega when Christian turns heel on him. I reckon that could be a real star-making feud for Jungle Jack.

Imagine if they’d used this week’s video to announce Andrade, instead of Vickie mumbling his name and then him coming out to silence? He’d have instantly been their top star.

Stone Cold Chris Jericho in 2021 has got real Hulk Hogan in 2000 vibes. Just waiting for the F.U.M.J.F waistcoat.

Wardlow is the business. Guy has it all.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

Remember when Cody was the only member of The Elite who had his finger on the pulse and knew how to book himself properly? Feels like a million years ago now. He’s ice cold.

I feel like Cody's booking could be evidence he really has fallen out with the other EVPs. Everything he does feels completely isolated and separate from the rest of the show and in some kind of alternate universe. You have AEW Dynamite and within that you have The Cody Rhodes and Nightmare Factory Show. It's very weird. I'm almost certain that when he's next in front of Chicago, New York or Philly crowd that they're going to boo him out the building. 

It's almost like the rest of the company wants nothing to do with him. Like as long as he has his 15 minutes every week to do whatever he wants with his students everyone else doesn't give a shit.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

Yeah. Watching the show, I can completely buy that Cody left their group chat six months to a year ago, and whilst Omega and the Bucks have been brainstorming on how to get better and make themselves into stars, Cody’s just given one segment every week to do whatever the fuck he wants until his contract runs out. When was the last time they ever shared screen time? Before the pandemic?

• Paid Members

Maybe when they get that other show hell get shunted off over there with his little group and be left to it. Would he have a contract to expire if he's one of the EVPs? Are they stuck with him until they can force him off the board? 

Don’t think he will need forced, he’s always seemed the guy who wants back to wwe. This is his running NXT audition when HHH moves up

• Paid Members

Cody Rhodes running NXT: All friends turning heel on each other, all the time. 

25 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Cody Rhodes running NXT: All friends turning heel on each other, all the time. 

Ladders tipped over as far as the eyes can see

• Paid Members

What else would you expect from the man who won the tag team titles from himself? 

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Supremo said:

Stonking squash from Lance Archer. Absolute murder. Is this the type of greatness I’m missing skipping Dark and Elevation?

This build better go towards winning a match before Justin can finish the intro.

That main event isn't getting enough love. Proper good TV main that was. Hobbs and especially 10 looked ace in that. Hangman & Dark Order celebrating with beer and sodas to end the show. Might as well have done a freeze frame and put a 'Produced by Tony Khan'. Really liked that ending. 

'EL BARTO'. Well done Ortiz. 

Edited by Chili