The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

Yeah I'd definitely go for a Proud and Powerful title win and a heartbreaking Eddie Kingston title match loss in New York. Imagining a beaten Kingston on his knees in the centre of the ring crying his eyes out while 17,000 New Yorkers chant his name.

I'm all for seeing Eddie Kingston fall short in front of his hometown. It's always in the chase for Eddie, he's a great promo but when he has a sniff of a title he goes that little bit better. He's a ridiculously easy character to relate to. 

• Awards Moderator

I'm encouraged by how prominent Jungle Boy is in that poster. He's the future! Less encouraged by the fact that they only had room for Statlander, Cargill and Baker from the women's division, but re-encouraged by the fact that the likes of Baker and Darby Allin fit right in amongst the former WWE faces on there. AEW's done a great job with making some of their homegrown / non-WWE people stars.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

3 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Isn’t Deeb signed to AEW, and is essentially being loaned out to the NWA?

Actually yeah, she signed one with AEW last year. Rosa is still under NWA contract till the end of this year, unless that's changed recently.

Other than Cody smack bang in the middle, that's a fantastic poster.

Eddie Kingston being able to transition from being the nastiest, most vicious heel to the most sympathetic babyface without it coming across like "I'm a goody now! I'm a baddy now" and still retaining the wrinkles with the stuff with Pac really needs to be screamed about from the rooftops. I hadn't heard of the bloke before his debut, now I couldn't imagine this company without him. Get him some top notch ring gear for that NYC event, fork out the money for DMX, let him get the biggest babyface reaction imaginable.

1 hour ago, cobra_gordo said:

Other than Cody smack bang in the middle, that's a fantastic poster.

But how else would we know that he’s a massive star? He can’t put his entrance on a poster.

Like others, I’ve totally got onboard with Eddie Kingston over the last year. I’d seen very little of him beforehand, I think the last time I’d properly watched him was back in CZW when he had even worse gear than he has now. 
But his mic work, Jesus Christ, you believe every word that comes out of his mouth. Don’t even have him wrestle in the build up, just let him talk people into the building.

While Ive loved some of the fantasy booking over the last couple of pages, it’s important to remember that they have got a PPV two prior to this, so it’ll be interesting to see what they do on that show and if they blow off any feuds from that on this show

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Got to admit, the Cody obsession on here is turning him babyface with me out of sheer contrariness and boredom.

It wouldn't be the UKFF without something being completely driven into the ground to the point that any mention of Cody now makes me cringe.