The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

Pretty average show overall with a few really good bits. Scorpio Sky and Ethan Page are still really, really shit,

Everything Kingston/Mox is great. Especially with the X version of Wild Thing. Fucking love everything about these two. The Acclaimed were also really strong and had a good match here. Kingston stealing the Bucks trainers was gold.

Miro giving thanks to Jesus for making him so powerful and strong made me laugh out loud.

Anthony Ogogo is just a top class wanker. Oozes meaness and arrogance. His act is also uniquely British in a way I haven't seen in wrestling before. We've had plenty of British gimmicks but in a broad sense that is easily recognizable to US audiences. Ogogo's "flash hard cunt down the races" gimmick feels more specifically British and I love it. Hoping he murders Cody but he'll probably do the job.

The lack of Fenix and Penta the past few weeks is a crime. These two should always have something going on. Both have had brief runs over the past few months where it looked like they were going to move up a level on the card but both petered out. Frustrating.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

I love that Ogogo is announced as from "the East of England" because they ain't saying "Lowestoft".

I enjoyed the show. Good mix of matches and promos that were building something, nothing was the destination this week. There's a PPV in 10 days and that's their goal.

3 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Anthony Ogogo is just a top class wanker. Oozes meaness and arrogance. His act is also uniquely British in a way I haven't seen in wrestling before. We've had plenty of British gimmicks but in a broad sense that is easily recognizable to US audiences. Ogogo's "flash hard cunt down the races" gimmick feels more specifically British and I love it. Hoping he murders Cody but he'll probably do the job.

You're probably right, but if Ogogo doesn't win, this match feels kind of pointless. It's Ogogo's first match against someone who actually matters and he's barely been established. So why go with this match on the PPV for Cody if it's not to put Ogogo over? It may be a case of them overestimating interest in Ogogo wrestling from the UK, or it may be some kind of reaction to the mixed reaction to QT's push...but it still seems a little odd to me. If Ogogo doesn't win, where does he go from here?

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

So Cody can put himself over is the most likely reason. 

I mean, you're right, it could just be that Cody got the idea for his pro-USA promo while feuding with QT, and decided that a transition into the Agogo feud was the best way to do that. It's all a little odd though, and very sudden. I hate to say it (and I'm not using the word "hate" lightly here...) but there's more meat on the bone of his feud with QT, holding that on PPV rather than a TV match that wasn't even a TV main event seems like the more logical thing to do. 

Given the excessive use of flags, I do wonder if Agogo will win at the PPV, and Cody will level the score during a TV main event flag match; giving Cody a victory, but in a way that stops Agogo from taking a pin. 

• Paid Members

So glad Mox got the X version of Wild Thing because quite honestly I don't think even him or Kingston could have survived that flute solo from last week again. You could see him as soon as he heard it that he was going straight to Tony Khan after the match to bin it off.

AEW are the company who want to be seen as the ones who embrace diversity, be it gender, sexuality, race etc. They've got Anthony Ogogo - an Olympic Medal winner, a man of colour who recently married his Sister to her new wife, a man who attends numerous Pride marches

how is he the fucking heel?

• Paid Members

I must say I'm finding the use of real songs like wild Thing and Where is My Mind really jarring. I'm so used to music being pre-written for the wrestlers and their entrances being so down pat to the minutest detail that it feels weird hearing real, non-wrestling music in this setting again. Not a bad thing at all, just takes some adjusting to.   

56 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

So glad Mox got the X version of Wild Thing because quite honestly I don't think even him or Kingston could have survived that flute solo from last week again. You could see him as soon as he heard it that he was going straight to Tony Khan after the match to bin it off.

I love it but I want to put my foot through the TV as soon as Justin Roberts starts with his stupid fucking John intro.