The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

I think the Hangman story has got to be something along the lines of The Elite seeing he's a clear threat and start buddying up to him and trying to get him back in The Elite. Give him that friendship he so badly wanted. The Dark Order try to keep him as a buddy but Hangman, confused and anxious, doesn't know who to side with. He goes full on sad lonely cowboy. Eventually he chooses the side of good and absolutely smashes through the Young Bucks and Kenny, the Dark Order have him on their shoulders as he celebrates with the big belt.

7 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I think the Hangman story has got to be something along the lines of The Elite seeing he's a clear threat and start buddying up to him and trying to get him back in The Elite. Give him that friendship he so badly wanted. The Dark Order try to keep him as a buddy but Hangman, confused and anxious, doesn't know who to side with. He goes full on sad lonely cowboy. Eventually he chooses the side of good and absolutely smashes through the Young Bucks and Kenny, the Dark Order have him on their shoulders as he celebrates with the big belt.

You see, I think anything that has him unsure about his relationship with the Elite would be a step back. The Elite were c**ts to him, and they've become bigger c**ts now, the Dark Order been better friends to him this year than the Elite ever were, and have given him the confidence in himself to know he doesn't need anyone's approval but his own. I'd be all for them trying to court him back, but he should absolutely tell them, with a smile on his face and a twinkle in his eye, to fuck off.

Hangman seemed like the obvious choice, but I could absolutely understand why they might want to go with Darby at this point. Nothing against Hangman, he's still brilliant, but Darby is so exciting right now. He feels fresh and different, and a clear departure from what WWE would ever offer. 

For the longest time, Hangman felt like the "right" person to beat Omega, but these days, between him and Darby, there's no wrong answer. 

Kenny Omega slowly turning round getting a buckshot lariat and landing high on his shoulders like a sack of shit. Preferably filmed shot for shot like the tease from Revolution 2020 except this time Hangman does finish it, because even though he should have done it then given what Kenny ended up doing. He pins him, Don Callis is sat on his arse at ringside. 

Hangman takes his belt. Walks off like the fucking handsome sod he is. Can you see all of that? Like Orange Cassidy popping out of a cake. It's what I want, it's what should happen. There's still more for Adam Page, it's not a drawn out story, it's more a character trait that brilliantly affects all his angles so far. 

He loses it soon after, MJF has to fuck him over or something... Then you can let Darby play about near that belt more. 
Edited by Chili
Spelling

It has to be Hangman doesn't it. His whole arc isn't complete until he wins the big one off of Omega. The DO have restored his faith in humanity but he needs to win the belt to finally put all his doubts to rest.

If Matt Jackson has his removed via Buckshot in the process then all the better. 

• Paid Members

Absolutely disgusted with anyone suggesting a candidate other than my main man Hangman Page.

If the full capacity crowd react to him how I think they will next Sunday, there'll be no doubt about it.

Could they build up other challengers while Kenny defends the TNA/AAA titles? They've proven with NWA and NJPW that they're happy to have other promotions titles defended on their shows. They could also then have matches not involving Kenny main event their pay-per-views if it's not the AEW Title on the line. And all the while building up a genuine challenger to Kenny and the AEW Title, probably Hangman. 

There might be a bit more doubt around those championships than the AEW Title at this point as well. Have Kenny refuse Darby a shot at the AEW Title so then Sting rings his old mates at TNA to get Darby a shot at their title, that could then possibly transition into a Sting/Darby feud if they ever think of that route. Fuck it, even have Sting challenge for the Impact Title - his AEW debut and the Impact announcement happened on the same show, tie that in some way. I'm sure Fenix/Penta could have a pop at the AAA Title as well as a few others around the world, maybe even Brian Cage who defeated Hangman and has ties with AAA & Impact. 

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

They're dying tonight.

This is superb. Are they heels? Because they won't be for long if they keep doing stuff like this, it's too entertaining!

• Paid Members

They could be huge if they are managed right. I've not watched much AEW recently, so my question is can we trust AEW not to tinker and run the gimmick into the ground like the WWE would?