The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

They could be huge if they are managed right. I've not watched much AEW recently, so my question is can we trust AEW not to tinker and run the gimmick into the ground like the WWE would?

They haven't really done that with any of their other acts yet so that's probably unlikely. With less TV time available it's quite difficult to overexpose acts in AEW. Plus it's pretty certain that The Acclaimed are putting this stuff all together themselves, they won't have a dozen writers and producers tinkering with it and fucking it up at every turn.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

They could be huge if they are managed right. I've not watched much AEW recently, so my question is can we trust AEW not to tinker and run the gimmick into the ground like the WWE would?

The gimmick with Caster has been his for a few years on the indys. I first heard him rapping on the Major Wrestling Figure pod because I believe he was one of Bryan Myers CAP graduates along with MJF and Statlander. So the fact he has come in with the same gimmick, and the fact Tony Khan seems content on letting people do their stuff suggests they will be fine. 

7 hours ago, Cod Eye said:

Given one of them is gay and it’s not touched on or forced into any of their content, I feel comfortable they won’t get Wwe’d

Edited by Louch
Edited so no one has to have a chat with their family before the sun breaks the news

59 minutes ago, Louch said:

Given one of us gay and it’s not touched on or forced into any of their content, I feel comfortable they won’t get Wwe’d

We're missing out on the NXT debut of the time-travelling duo of the Radicools, John Cena Junior and Ethan Carter IV.

• Paid Members

Dynamite (as well as confirmed second show Rampage starting in mid August on Friday nights) will be moving to TBS next year. Anyone here know anything about US TV and whether this is good or bad? I'm guessing the move is due to TNT buying loads of NHL games that will air Wednesday nights.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

The Rampage show will be on at 10pm so directly following Smackdown which is a smart move. I didn't fancy Jerichos chances in the ratings if he had to go head to head with Roman Reigns.

Edited by LaGoosh

Shouldn't they have called the second show Lightning?

So they're going to have 2 TV shows, 2 YouTube shows and 1 comedy YouTube series? They're going to be pushing WCW levels of TV time soon. 

9 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Dynamite (as well as confirmed second show Rampage starting in mid August on Friday nights) will be moving to TBS next year. Anyone here know anything about US TV and whether this is good or bad? I'm guessing the move is due to TNT buying loads of NHL games that will air Wednesday nights.

According to an article I just read TBS was the 14th most watched channel in the US while TNT was 18th. USA Network was 20th 

Edited by Tsurutagun

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Vamp said:

Shouldn't they have called the second show Lightning?

So they're going to have 2 TV shows, 2 YouTube shows and 1 comedy YouTube series? They're going to be pushing WCW levels of TV time soon. 

I'm sure either Dark or Elevation is going to be scrapped once they're touring full time. BTE is produced by the Young Bucks not AEW. So we're talking 3 hours of TV and one YouTube show so it's not masses of stuff really.

11 minutes ago, mim731 said:

Rampage: A military-based general knowledge quiz show on digital cable television channel, UK Conquest

Alan-Partridge-e1553005291827.jpg

SKIRMISH! STOP GETTING PARTRIDGE WRONG!

Fair play to them getting the second show though, even if AEW Rampage does sound like straight out of Extreme Warfare Revenge 

Edited by WyattSheepMask