The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

2 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

The WWE popcorn Hardcore Title matches are genuinely my favourite 'hardcore' wrestling ever. Safe, fun, silly shit that at the time seemed an integral part of what made Attitude Era wrestling so cool. 

I loved it as well, but I don’t think it was that safe. It was played for laughs, but they were still smashing each other over the head with things all the time.

On 10/3/2019 at 12:35 PM, IANdrewDiceClay said:

In fairness to Jericho, his looks exactly what he gimmick is. He's an old rocker who drinks a lot and has a high opinion of himself. If he was a babyface the gut and leather pants slipping down his arse probably isnt a good look. As a top bad guy, he's Vince Neil.

My other half, who watches zero wrestling at all, actually said that. He was in the ring and she stopped as she walked past the couch and exclaimed "Christ, is that Vince Neil?!?"

She obviously realised fairly quickly that it wasn't, but she then proceeded to hurry to the hall and put down whatever she had, and come back before joining me to watch the rest of the show.

Her view was that he "looked like a crazy old rock star" and she asked me when the show was next on. I'd score that as a win for ol Vodka gut (and I don't mean me, I prefer whiskey like any real Scotsman would).

Edited by David

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

I loved it as well, but I don’t think it was that safe. It was played for laughs, but they were still smashing each other over the head with things all the time.

Yeah, Road Dogg has talked about this. Developed his pain pill addiction doing all those hardcore matches from late '98 to well into '99. That was the start of him really going off the rails for well over a decade.

49 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

AEW Dark’s first episode is streaming on YouTube at midnight.

Very much looking forward to this. A few guys on here that I'd liked to have seen on the main card (most of all Jungle Boy and Luchasauras), and the women's tag should be good.

• Paid Members

Wow. Of all the shows over the past week or so, "AEW Dark," might've been my favourite. An absolute joy to watch, it felt like what a modern version of a Saturday Morning wrestling show should be; a breezy one hour filled with fun, fast-paced matches and cool clips of the major angles from the A show. Tony Schiavone continues to be the MVP of this promotion, too. I can't believe he's been out of the business for so long and no-one's thought of using him on a major stage sooner. He's fucking brilliant. Highlights included:

- Darby Allin's ridiculous fast pace. The lad's got something. He could be their Jeff Hardy. Fingers crossed he goes on to face Jericho in a showcase match.

- Brilliantly fun 8-Man Tag filled with crazy flips and dives. I love Cody as much as anyone but I think this would've made for a far better opening match on the first episode of Dynamite.

- Orange Cassidy getting such a big pop and being great in the role of Best Friends manager. Surely everyone now admits he's perfect for this company?

- They should give mini-Orange Cassidy a job.

- Thank fuck Britt Baker is a better wrestler than she is a guest commentator.

- Jurassic Express remain one of the best acts in wrestling and it genuinely makes me sad when they lose. I think they should be the inaugural Tag Champions.

Highly recommended show. The perfect palate cleanser after the bollocks that was Hell in a Cell.

Edited by Supremo

Had to laugh at the Britt Baker comment, she's got serious potential but christ was she poor on commentary alright, totally lost. To be fair many are, I guess it might not be familiar territory for many wrestlers but I can't help but think of Heyman and the ol' play to their strengths and mask their weaknesses idea.

3 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Riho and Britt Baker Vs. Bea Priestley and Emi Sakura has been announced for today’s Dynamite.

Happy about that. Really like Emi Sakura.

Has there been any news/rumours of on where Yuka Sakazaki has gone? She seemed to be a pretty big focus on the early shows and disappeared after Fyter Fest.

13 minutes ago, boyfriend said:

Had to laugh at the Britt Baker comment, she's got serious potential but christ was she poor on commentary alright, totally lost. To be fair many are, I guess it might not be familiar territory for many wrestlers but I can't help but think of Heyman and the ol' play to their strengths and mask their weaknesses idea.

They probably thought it would be playing to her strength but then she froze on live TV. 

55 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

Will AEW dark be on itv? i have downloaded it this time round, but would rather watch it on tv 

@BrodyGraham if you have not seen this match, i suggest you watch it, it made me a fan of ES!

You owe me new speakers  😡