5pints Posted October 6, 2019 Posted October 6, 2019 (edited) What are your thoughts about the Fite TV AEW Plus package for £4.99 a month? All I can see is that it just gives you access to the show live on a Wednesday. Will there be anything else added, or is it just best waiting to watch it on ITV4? Edited October 6, 2019 by 5pints
Paid Members Weezenal Posted October 6, 2019 Paid Members Posted October 6, 2019 By the sounds of it if you want the unedited version of the show you should pay the £4.99.
TildeGuy~! Posted October 6, 2019 Posted October 6, 2019 38 minutes ago, 5pints said: What are your thoughts about the Fite TV AEW Plus package for £4.99 a month? All I can see is that it just gives you access to the show live on a Wednesday. Will there be anything else added, or is it just best waiting to watch it on ITV4? It’s live, unedited and doesn’t include adverts.
DavidB6937 Posted October 6, 2019 Posted October 6, 2019 Yep no adverts so you get to watch an empty ring instead. Well worth the money.
TildeGuy~! Posted October 6, 2019 Posted October 6, 2019 (edited) 9 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: Yep no adverts so you get to watch an empty ring instead. Well worth the money. Well I watched the Fite TV stream where there was various matches continuing during ad breaks and a cracking moment where Jericho got on the mic in the main event and asked who threw a wiener in the ring. Or you know, you could just watch whatever ITV decide to put out that week instead of forking out £1 for the full show and then complain why the MJF squash match wasn’t shown. At the end of the day it’s £1 a show. Edited October 6, 2019 by TildeGuy~!
DavidB6937 Posted October 6, 2019 Posted October 6, 2019 To be fair, I watched the Fite stream too. As you say, a few entertaining non TV moment but also some awkward sitting around. But yeah ITV do need to get into a more reliable routine.
Love-Wilcox Posted October 6, 2019 Posted October 6, 2019 (edited) The Fite app is worth it to me just for the ease at which I can watch the show on the Thursday morning, ad free, on multiple devices and before I get a chance to see spoilers online. It may not be worth it to everyone but it suits my viewing habits just fine and is barely a quid a month. If ITV sorted an earlier, uncut showing on the Thursday at or around 9pm then things might be different but until then I'm sticking with the app. Edited October 6, 2019 by Love-Wilcox
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted October 6, 2019 Paid Members Posted October 6, 2019 1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said: Yep no adverts so you get to watch an empty ring instead. Well worth the money. When I watched the TNT stream the adverts had a PIP of the ongoing match while the adverts were on. Fite I assume just showed the match properly
Paid Members WeeAl Posted October 6, 2019 Paid Members Posted October 6, 2019 They're really nice. They actually remind me a bit of WCW's tag belts.
CL Punk Posted October 6, 2019 Posted October 6, 2019 23 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said: Did you not get really confused and frustrated without knowing all the background? How did you manage to just enjoy a TV show for what it was? Nope and I just enjoyed the matches as Pac vs. Page was really good and the opening match of Cody vs. Sammy was alright.
DavidB6937 Posted October 7, 2019 Posted October 7, 2019 Page is one I could do with some more hype videos for. He's not really clicked with me yet.
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted October 7, 2019 Paid Members Posted October 7, 2019 26 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: Page is one I could do with some more hype videos for. He's not really clicked with me yet. As someone who didn’t follow The Elite in Japan, I agree. He has the look, but not seen him do anything to back up his position other then being told he’s really great.
King Pitcos Posted October 7, 2019 Posted October 7, 2019 Page is suffering the most for the lack of narrative focus/direction in the company. He was already the weakest of the Elite in terms of recognition, and his main event build over the first few shows (and then the feud with Jericho for the last PPV) seemed to have way less thought put into it than Cody, Moxley and Omega’s storylines in the same time period. I don’t know if they’re all booking their own shit and he’s just not very confident or creative with his, but his mates should be helping him more.
Paid Members BomberPat Posted October 7, 2019 Paid Members Posted October 7, 2019 Page's promo before the Jericho match, tearing out the stitches from the cut above his eye, was the best he's ever looked, and some real babyface fire. He can be a real Magnum TA throwback tough guy biker/cowboy babyface, which absolutely no one else in the company is positioned to be, but they need to invest the time in teaching us who he is.
Recommended Posts