The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

32 minutes ago, CL Punk said:

I hadn't watched either of the pay per views but I did enjoy the first episode of AEW Dynamite.

Did you not get really confused and frustrated without knowing all the background? How did you manage to just enjoy a TV show for what it was? 

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

I love this. MJF is brilliant, Jericho is king and Cody, the clever bastard, has made himself the best babyface in the business. 

That’s great! Love the complete lack of fucks Moxley gives, calmly standing up and walking away.

• Paid Members

I enjoyed the show, but didn't think it was brilliant. What pleased me most was seeing a legitimate looking alternative wrestling product back on a big time TV network. They've got decent production values, a nice ring and stage set up and some good talent. That's the platform needed to build from here. The actual content of this first show was pretty average and I think it would have served better as an introductory episode for the benefit of all the brand new casual TV viewers so that they could feel on board with the product right from the start, rather than just joining the storylines a few months in. 

• Awards Moderator

I finally got a chance to watch it last night. As a show, it was fine. But it was just so nice to be watching big-time-feeling US wrestling that wasn’t WWE!

I hadn’t seen any AEW since the first show, before AEW was a thing, so lots of new faces to get accustomed to. Was really hoping to see Luchasaurus and Jack Perry on this show but that’s one more reason to tune in to the Hub next week! I liked the look of Hangman Page, it was wonderful to see PAC on TV again - he too is a reason for me to watch again - and thought Nyla Rose was good, but not impressed by Riho at all. She’s so small, I don’t know how you’re ever meant to believe anything she does could have any impact or strength behind it. Her arms look like a light breeze could snap them. She was practically bouncing off Nyla with her double stomps.

Swagger turning up didn’t feel too TNA to me, and I think that’s largely to the credit of the (refreshing and generally pretty good) commentary emphasising his amateur and MMA credentials rather than making the fact he’s from WWE be the big deal.

1 hour ago, Weezenal said:

It was more like You've Been Framed than a death match.

Aye, but even so, some of the editing was weird. The women's match saw a cut to the crowd just as Riho connected with the top rope leg drop so we didn't see the impact, same with a slam to the outside in another match. Yet the chair shot on Cody and the glass coffee tables were shown without edits. Just seemed really inconsistent.